The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Did my rule book from Soul Wars just become obsolete? I bought it a month ago. What would I miss?

Nothing. This just combines the core rules, matched play rules and the realm rules from the core book with the battleplans from the current Generals Handbook. Its more of a handy collection than an update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Details about the Stormcast walls on show from Dakka user

"just the Shattered Dominion set used in different ways along with wedding cake columns. The top of the walls are the sides of the Gryphstatue plinths and the column plinths for example

it was shown at the open day"

bf6f904036ed1b123ba2071d84f0cf43_61979.j

What...nobody else saved the columns from their wedding cake to make gaming terrain? 😆

• Haha 4

Wow - so excited for Cities! This release seems like it was made just for me!

For me, relaunching the existing models is amazing. I love this range and keeping it means my collection will remain cohesive as I expand it. I have painted loads of Freeguild and while the latest models are technological marvels, I love the simpler designs and blank canvas of current range. Adding in Duardin and Aelves is terrific. I always imagined it that way in the great battles against Chaos and it has given me a great excuse to paint those Gyrocoters and other awesomeness that I have always wanted to do but felt I couldn’t.

This book also makes a statement. It says that classic Warhammer players and their armies are most welcome in the Age of Sigmar. Brings joy to my heart. Thank you GW for this wonderful release! Man, I am tearing up now I am that happy! 😂 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Overread said:

Bonereapers are already confirmed to be the major October release with Sisters of Battle in November. Ogres thus far are expected to be well after Bonereapers and might even be after the Sisters of Battle too. 

Oh fair enough! No issues waiting until Christmas even if that1. Gives me time to get my Ogors painted in time for the book xD 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Laststand said:

That still isnt for sale!

Yeah I'm kinda surprised how long GW has let things like that lag on in not getting their own individual release; esp since they've got their Battletome. Then again I'm more surprised that they've held the Flesheater model back this long. At least Skaven have A LOT of other options to buy. Flesheaters need every model they can get their festering ghoul claws on. 

In other news am I the only one hoping bonereapers gets pre-ordered on the 5th? 

(though really I'm expecting it on the 26th - October is going to be a long long month)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

In other news am I the only one hoping bonereapers gets pre-ordered on the 5th? 

(though really I'm expecting it on the 26th - October is going to be a long long month)

What else is there to release? Sisters aren't until November, Mawtribes are MIA, there's only 1 wave of Space Marines supplements left, and then there's the Psychic Awakening stuff, but I have no idea how that works into the release cycle.

Other than Space Marines and maybe some Beastgrave/Warcry stuff, I don't know what else would release in October. But knowing how companies word their statements, "preorders in October" probably means that they'll go up on the last day possible.

• Like 1

Well from the Nova there is still some Lord of the Rings stuff to come (such as the buildings if I recall right). There's also whatever it was for Necromunda that was hinted at but not full detailed released of. Then there's the Space Marine stuff. And that's the stuff we are fully aware of from the Nova and haven't forgotten. There might well be a few other things kicking around. GW might also do a slower week with fewer things coming out to balance out the production (a slower week before Bonereapers as they shift more factory and shipping into producing stock for them).

Ogres aren't missing, their eariler marketing suggests that they are coming after Bonereapers. 

GW can indeed put Reapers up late, however I'd guess mid month if I'm being honest. They've also got to fit Sisters into November and they really don't want that hanging over into December. 

3 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

What else is there to release? Sisters aren't until November, Mawtribes are MIA, there's only 1 wave of Space Marines supplements left, and then there's the Psychic Awakening stuff, but I have no idea how that works into the release cycle.

Other than Space Marines and maybe some Beastgrave/Warcry stuff, I don't know what else would release in October. But knowing how companies word their statements, "preorders in October" probably means that they'll go up on the last day possible.

Things to be released that we know of: Lizardman bloodbowl team, more aeronutica stuff, the promised chaos battle tome, psychic awakening, bone reapers and sisters, salamanders and imperial fists, ogre tyrant.

Possible things to be released this side of Xmas: warcry and beastgrave stuff.

Add in the Xmas bundles and it's a busy end of year

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Things to be released that we know of: Lizardman bloodbowl team, more aeronutica stuff, the promised chaos battle tome, psychic awakening, bone reapers and sisters, salamanders and imperial fists, ogre tyrant.

Possible things to be released this side of Xmas: warcry and beastgrave stuff.

Add in the Xmas bundles and it's a busy end of year

Promised Chaos tome? Wasn't that Hedonites of Slaanesh? I haven't been following AoS releases super closely so I could be mistaken.

I bet the next two Warhammer Underworlds expansions (Goblins and Ghouls) will be released a couple weeks after Beastgrave, that's what was done with Shadespire and Nightvault. 

I would say it's almost certain we will get The Spire Tyrants and Disciples of the Flame (don't recall the name) for Warcry before the year is over, it looks like they had a few previews in the rumor engine, they are featured in the Warcry book and several people got pins featuring their faction icon when ordering directly from GW in the weeks leading up to Warcry's release.

So it seems like we will be getting a lot of stuff in these last fees months.

35 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

Promised Chaos tome? Wasn't that Hedonites of Slaanesh? I haven't been following AoS releases super closely so I could be mistaken.

I bet the next two Warhammer Underworlds expansions (Goblins and Ghouls) will be released a couple weeks after Beastgrave, that's what was done with Shadespire and Nightvault. 

I would say it's almost certain we will get The Spire Tyrants and Disciples of the Flame (don't recall the name) for Warcry before the year is over, it looks like they had a few previews in the rumor engine, they are featured in the Warcry book and several people got pins featuring their faction icon when ordering directly from GW in the weeks leading up to Warcry's release.

So it seems like we will be getting a lot of stuff in these last fees months.

They said at WarhammerFest there was still at least one tome for each GA to come this year, and that was after Slaanesh came out. That might have changed by now, of course, as that was quite a while ago. 

Edited by Still-young
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

They said at WarhammerFest there was still at least one tome for each GA to come this year, and that was after Slaanesh came out. That might have changed by now, of course, as that was quite a while ago. 

Oh, I must have missed that. That's awesome to hear. It would be cool to see STD get a book finally. There was a rumor engine picture that looked kind of like a Varangard gauntlet, so I suppose it could be related. Though with all the new models for AoS this year (not sure if Ogres are getting anything other than the hero....but still) it makes me wonder if they would get anything new.

I have a feeling we might not see Mawtribes until next year. The rest of this year is pretty packed. We've got more marines, psychic awakening and bonereapers in October. Sisters of battle, new necromunda and aeronautica stuff in November.  Then we have chapter approved and probably this year's battleforces on December with the 14th bring the last preorder week.

As well as those they need to find room for another chaos battletome (probably Tzeentch) two more underworlds warbands, two more warcry warbands, a blood bowl team and rohan stuff for lotr.

That doesn't leave much room for Mawtribes. 

45 minutes ago, CommodoreCass said:

Could be a "minor" Chaos Battletome too like Nurgle or Tzeentch 2.0 and StD in 2020 for a major release.

Late 2019 could be :

Late September Cities of Sigmar and Orruk

Late October Ossiarch Bonereapers for a 2/3 weeks release

Late November Oggor with the new Tyrant, ES and BT 

December Nurgle or Tzeentch 2.0

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I think Tzeentch needs a 2.0 book. I imagine STD will be a fairly major release, and with the Boneheads coming out this year, I don't think STD would make a lot of sense.

My money is on a Tzeentch book either this year or early next year (their release schedule could easily have gotten delayed along the way) because all they need is a terrain piece, endless spells and some warscroll/allegiance tweaks.

People are getting hyped for a big StD release, but I'm not letting myself get excited until I see something definite. I think StD are equally as likely to get a Cities of Sigmar style book that cleans up their warscrolls and gives them Stormhost style allegiance abilities themed around each of the 4 gods and 1 for unbound chaos. As for Endless Spells and Terrain, they could just use the terrain and spells of the 4 gods in their allegiance. If that's the case, both Tzeentch and Nurgle would probably get their books first so they can incorporate everything into the StD book smoothly. Don't get me wrong, I'd be overjoyed to see a big Slaves release that gives players loads of new toys, but if you set yourself that expectation you're more likely than not to be disappointed.

Slaves already got 6 boxes of new toys and 2 more to come from Warcry. 

I think most would be happy if Slaves just got a Tome to bring them up to standard within AoS and clean up the line and get past the "which models might vanish" hump. After that anything else (spells, terrain, new models, updated sculpts) is a bonus. 

• Thanks 2

Will they squat the Cities of Sigmar, eventually? Or drag them across concrete like Bretonnia (until they squatted it)?

Not gonna lie, I'm mighty disappointed. They removed the General on horse and that's the last we're ever going to see of it. It was a good kit. The horse looked darn fine.

Edited by Cèsar de Quart

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Slaves already got 6 boxes of new toys and 2 more to come from Warcry. 

I think most would be happy if Slaves just got a Tome to bring them up to standard within AoS and clean up the line and get past the "which models might vanish" hump. After that anything else (spells, terrain, new models, updated sculpts) is a bonus. 

It's true. I would be happy with just a book, though I like to see the Warcry bands warscrolls fully fleshed out if they go that case. I do think Everchosen and Darkoath will be merged into the STD book though. I imagine there will be some new models...Varangard on foot (and the finecast Chosen will be dropped) and a box of Darkoath similar to the Underworlds ones (and the goofy old marauders will be drooped). I would like a Chaos Warrior update but don't see it happening.

Aside from that though the model range for STD is pretty good.

5 minutes ago, Cèsar de Quart said:

Will they squat the Cities of Sigmar, eventually? Or drag them across concrete like Bretonnia (until they squatted it)?

Not gonna lie, I'm mighty disappointed. They removed the General on horse and that's the last we're ever going to see of it. It was a good kit. The horse looked darn fine.

If they were going to remove the armies in Cities they would have just removed them outright by now. GW already removed TK, Bretonnia, Greenskins and most of the High Elf line. They have no problem removing stuff and right now as they shift into 2.0 is the best time to remove any stuff they don't want. So if they didn't want those forces they'd have just straight up removed them from the game now. 2.0 is AoS getting firmed up and built into a proper regular GW product line. From now on armies with 2.0 tomes can be expected to behave like regular armies in GW games - that means not removing whole armies and most removals of models will come with new models- these might be replacements (updated sculpt) or replacements within the army. Ergo mass removals should end.

Of course nothing is set in stone, but prior to AoS GW does not have a track record of removing armies wholesale - the fact we call is Squatting and that was done decades ago suggests it. What we have seen more so removed are things like Imperial Guard flavoured factions where its the same army just with an alternative design - we saw more of that when they shifted off metal and it wasn't practical for them to keep those armies around when they were just alternate sculpts.  

So nope we shouldn't see the Cities of Sigmar vanish. WE might see them get major redesigns visually in style in the future; but otherwise they should not vanish. It would be very bad for GW to start that because it would unsettle ALL the 2.0 players. 

• Like 4