The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Looks like a King and two Ghouls. WU aside, this is great for FEC players. A different sculpt for a King on foot (be honest, the King from Terrorgheist looks awkward without his stead) and Ghouls to fill some courtier shaped holes are great news!

A king would be a Vampire which this one is not (they don‘t have facial hair and look more beast-like). (Unless they changed that)

I guess some kind of Sergeant? Or a Crypt Ghoul Courtier? Perhaps you are right and it is a non-vamp King =}

Edited by JackStreicher

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

A king would be a Vampire which this one is not (they don‘t have facial hair and look more beast-like). (Unless they changed that)

I guess some kind of Sergeant? Or a Crypt Ghoul Courtier? Perhaps you are right and it is a non-vamp King =}

I think you might be on the money here - a Crypt Ghoul Courtier model. Or a brand new hero type.

23 minutes ago, Garxia said:

Flesh Eaters Courts Beastgrave warband with a female ghoul! 

69FB251C-618D-4DC8-B67D-DAAAA01F9A96.jpeg.880b3bf3715ad2d540188a53266d4167.jpeg

Ghoul? All I see are noble knights ready to defend the realm from the vile taint of Shadespire. Truly this is a warband the likes of which we have never seen.

For real though I'm going to be really disappointed if they don't play into the delusions when it comes to the characters and faction specific card names. I wonder if they'll have a wizard, the bearded one which I'm assuming is the leader looks like it could be using a staff so maybe? Doesn't look like a vampire though so maybe it's a new unit similar to the wizard in the Sylvaneth warband if it is actually a wizard.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

If there are new FEC minis, it is super good news as the FEC have a really poor range of minis. Instabuy for me (if the price is ok and there is not a big pack of junk papers/cardboards with it)

Thus far the warbands have been sold in two formats - one with cards and one with just the models (at a slightly cheaper price). FEC are also small enough that the warbands might actually see pretty neat use in their army. Most of the Underworlds warbands feel a bit "off" in AoS because you've got a handful of models all acting in a unit, but all with stats and weapon variations like characters. So they are more fiddly to work. 

22 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

There are 2 or 3 ghouls on the background. So its 5-6 noble knights on a quest to recover the grail.

That feels more appropriate, an FEC warband that's outnumbered by Blood Warriors or Ironjawz would be weird. Interesting designs though! Good to see considering how same-y and homogenous the main  FEC range is. We're probably looking at 2-3 weak ghouls, a stronger fighter with a two-handed bone, the prominent lady-ghoul, and the beardy champion.

If he's some sort of ghoul chamberlain-wizard, cool. Otherwise this is definitely an opportunity for AoS players to pick up courtiers without having to split off model from the main crypt ghouls box.

Also this is what, the fourth leak/leak-adjacent thing GW has had this week? Accidentally putting up all the cards pre-Breastgrave release, accidentally putting up the Eldar banshees vs incubi box cover on their print website early, the space marine expansion supplier/distributor leaks, and now this. I have no doubt that GW does seed this sort of thing sometimes but some of these really do seem to steal current releases' thunder and go against what they want to do. This one, for example, looks very similar to the Zarbag's Gits/Eyes of the Nine leak last year.

18 hours ago, Garxia said:

Flesh Eaters Courts Beastgrave warband with a female ghoul! 

69FB251C-618D-4DC8-B67D-DAAAA01F9A96.jpeg.880b3bf3715ad2d540188a53266d4167.jpeg

A lot more characterful than what we've got so far but imo there's still lots of room to improve. The fact that they think they are nobles and such still doesn't come quite through just yet unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Panzer said:

A lot more characterful than what we've got so far but imo there's still lots of room to improve. The fact that they think they are nobles and such still doesn't come quite through just yet unfortunately.

I'ma gonna modify mine heavily, with tattered robes, broken crowns and such. I'll have a theater group of ghouls who do a play of the great king defeating death; and cooks with broken knives; and them all at a harvest fair. These are gonna be made from the Zombie- and the Ghoul-kit, with a tad of old Empire thrown in. The new female helps me a great deal, else, I'd have to resort to Witch Aelves and old Mordheim models (which I'll probably still kitbash in, but to a lesser extent). 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1