The Rumour Thread

57 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

Anyone else not a fan of the Kurnothi models? I have a Sylvaneth army, and these guys just really don't do it for me.  Which is unusual, as I have liked most everything that AoS and Shadespire has put out. 

Yeah not thrilled about them. It’s a cool concept, the whole ‘Wild Hunt’ feral aspect of the old Wood Elves, and the designs are fine but the sculpting isn’t there. Weird body twists, massive hair, caprine/deer-like legs that don’t work as well as their beastmen counterparts. 

If they do expand them into more of an army, I’d hope they get better models out of it.

1 hour ago, Neffelo said:

Anyone else not a fan of the Kurnothi models? I have a Sylvaneth army, and these guys just really don't do it for me.  Which is unusual, as I have liked most everything that AoS and Shadespire has put out. 

I would like to see then first. But the poses look kinda awkard to me.

1 hour ago, Neffelo said:

Initially for the most part I was iffy. I LOVE Skaeth himself. But the others I did find the posing awkward though. Like others have said I do feel alot of if has to do with the angle the pictures are taken. They're less awkward in other angles. Overall, not bad, in love with the concept, could be better. 

• Like 2

I try not to judge models too harshly until I've seen them in person. Pictures rarely do them justice, one way or another.

I agree they probably didn't hit them out of the park with these particular sculpts (Skaeth aside) but in fairness the Zarbag/Mollog models aren't really on par with the actual Gloomspite release models, either.

• Like 2

I like the kitty cat thingy, its adorable. And I do rather like the Centaur chick. I can see some kitbash potential for female Centigors with that.

But otherwise those Beastmen wannabees dont do it for me... and I am a love of all Beastmenly :D  They look flimsy, deerpy (see what I did there ? :D ...ok sorry I`ll see myself out) and overall poorly designed.

Meanwhile I look at the Beastmen Warband, and see so much potential for new more dynamic looking sculpts. Similar to the modern Khorne stuff, it would suit so much with the Beastmen aesthetics of a wild warherd just running into the fray, instead of those current, aged, regimentally lined up miniatures that havent seen an update for ages.

The kurnothi models look pretty decent in the assembly video, especially from other angles. I did notice that they all appear to have lamentiri like Sylvaneth models, but they aren't ghosty like the noble spirits, so it's hard to place them as either elves or Sylvaneth. Still going to ally them with my Wanderers if they are even remotely okay on the table, though!

25 minutes ago, overtninja said:

The kurnothi models look pretty decent in the assembly video, especially from other angles. I did notice that they all appear to have lamentiri like Sylvaneth models, but they aren't ghosty like the noble spirits, so it's hard to place them as either elves or Sylvaneth. Still going to ally them with my Wanderers if they are even remotely okay on the table, though!

Havent seen the assembly video yet so I might be wrong on this. But I did notice an upgrade card in the article called a Hale Charm? Theb card art seems really similar to their belly gems. 

8 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Has anyone updated the chart of unsolved rumour engines recently? I've completely lost track of whats been revealed now and what hasn't, since I've not been paying very close attention to all of the Space Marine news...

With the latest round of reveals, and eliminating the obvious 40k ones, there's actually a fairly small number left.

image.png.b08194b4044563124c67b37a53c34835.pngimage.png.48b3935746c5270ee9f63d85410f4d17.pngimage.png.995943b7b1d0adcf9e63f3b985fba8e3.png

image.png.f224ab74e8c14aa6f5be917041e9418c.pngimage.png.726c1917482e327e1ade9f5f83a58b5a.pngimage.png.b3aa39d639f6fd1599c48a2f037937eb.png

image.png.da47dc6ba2553eea778c56843d559191.pngimage.png.d02192120ddee99da75ed55f5a79337a.pngimage.png.b5a4ef1f24eae4ccb4e5239c143b9c00.pngimage.png.c96fcab22c7e3cdd0a13849f83cdad63.pngimage.png.f10cfc68f9098a8c9216583bdc52680f.pngimage.png.7a990a6f4225caa197fe5d5c68ba8374.png

image.png.ca59892dcfe4f76336f60227e4a747d6.pngimage.png.20ec413ec2d00a454cc24e83c3c0b917.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Has anyone updated the chart of unsolved rumour engines recently? I've completely lost track of whats been revealed now and what hasn't, since I've not been paying very close attention to all of the Space Marine news...

This link keeps up to date on the Rumor Engines and what was revealed.

• LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

I'm quite taken with the new Kurnothi, but then I always liked fawns and satyrs and centaurs. Maybe it was the influence of Mr. Tumnus. 

Meanwhile, boy oh boy, we sure needed more Space Marines!

They are out next month (in fairness SM do make insane % of GW's total sales on their own). Thankfully once we are over the marine hump it looks like there's a nice Eldar splurge coming! So that should be great for Xenos players for 40K! 

Interestingly the next Marines are appearing next month. So now we know that 1 week of October is going to be a Marine Release. This reduces the month down to 3 weeks potential for Bonereapers. It also makes it sound like Orruks and/or Cities could be this month! 

• Like 1

Look, we all knew the rest of the space marine supplements were coming and sure some of us might not be interested and/or think "oh great more space marines" but surely we can all agree that the new Salamanders Primaris Hero is glorious. 

Anyway moving swiftly back to AoS, when do we actually think we'll see the CoS and/or Orruk Clans battletomes go up for preorder? I was thinking/hoping we'll see at least one of them go up next week after Beastgrave is released personally.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Dirtnaps said:

Look, we all knew the rest of the space marine supplements were coming and sure some of us might not be interested and/or think "oh great more space marines" but surely we can all agree that the new Salamanders Primaris Hero is glorious. 

Anyway moving swiftly back to AoS, when do we actually think we'll see the CoS and/or Orruk Clans battletomes go up for preorder? I was thinking/hoping we'll see at least one of them go up next week after Beastgrave is released personally.

Hopes are this weekend.

actual knowledge is sadly not existent.

On 9/17/2019 at 9:39 PM, sandlemad said:

*slams like button so hard the mouse breaks*

YES. New plastic hunter and tusks, christ yes. I'd hoped and hoped and then CONFIRMATION. Haven't been so buzzed by a model in ages. He's gonna have  crossbow and some traps and a sabretusk with actual top jaw sabre teeth... This is what I wanted.

I have 18 derp-cats, and have never been so happy to see my existing models get replaced.

There is simply no way they couldn't be better. I could make a better cat out of blue-tac and a paper clip.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I asked whether more kits would be removed, and I received the following answer. I don't read much into it, but here it is:

Thanks for the Email. I am sorry to say that we do not have any specific information on what may be happening with these kits, and it is something that will be announced directly by our Community Team if they have the info. They will do their best to get all of the info out there when they can, but in the meantime it may be possible that further kits will go. I cannot speak to matched play, but do rest assured that for general purposes all of the old kits will be retaining rules as part of Warhammer Legends! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

I think it is mostly an answer where they do not want to say anything that sparks false hope.

Edited by zilberfrid