The Rumour Thread

16 hours ago, Overread said:

Teclis and co created Idoneth who are born with withered souls whilst the Angelic Aelves we've not heard much of, but they are second generation creation (Idoneth were first as are Morathi' and Malarions). 

I believe that technically Angelic Aelves are a later experiment but never confirmed if they are the “second”. Just pointing out as there could be hundreds of Aelves generations depending how much Tyrion and Teclis played around with souls removed from Slaanesh. 😂😂

And we don’t know the background story of Kurnothi either...

3 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I believe that technically Angelic Aelves are a later experiment but never confirmed if they are the “second”. Just pointing out as there could be hundreds of Aelves generations depending how much Tyrion and Teclis played around with souls removed from Slaanesh. 😂😂

And we don’t know the background story of Kurnothi either...

I have a feeling that the Kurnothi wont be related to the elven kind, kinda like Sylvaneth.

10 minutes ago, michu said:

They are as much related as DoK. They are aelves just more bestial.

Yeah, but Witch Elves are actually elves and the others are taken from Slaneesh.

I somehow think this guys got nothing to do with the recovered souls or are mutated elves. I belive they will be Fauns and Satyr native to Ghur.

Good news everyone! The Magma Dragon has returned to sale on FW after being gone for a short bit (always a worry!). 

Everyone go forth and buy dragons https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Magma-Dragon Then campaign for GW to get the rules team off their bums and adding them to Fyreslayers where the magma dragons properly be (with their own separate warscroll card of course, there's no sense punishing Destruction fans - some of which might have two or three magma dragons already!) 

• Like 2

Yes, they are essentially a different type of Woodland Spirit than the Sylvaneth, a more bestial aspect fully devoted to Kurnoth.

I still suspect they will be rolled up with Wanderers, even though the Kurnothi themselves are not Aelves, there's no reason they can't work in concert with Aelves who worship Kurnoth.

For one it would make for a more rounded army, if they were just Satyrs/Centaurs and pet kitties, than the Satyrs would have to really stretch to cover all infantry options, as opposed to using the 25 mm Eternal Guard/Rangers as battleline infantry and the Satyrs as elites, which they seem better suited for even just going off of apparent base sizes.

We will see before too long, I imagine. I'm guessing that we will see a dual build Infantry/ranged kit for the Satyrs and something similar for the Centaur Kit. The Lion thing has a species name in the cards so that will definitely be a thing, add an aspect of Kurnoth as a centerpiece model, some heroes, and maybe one more surprise kit and you'd have a solid army range.

Edit: I'm no authority on Underworlds but rules-wise they seem really good.

Edited by madmac

As much as I would lose my mind and throw my literal bank account at GW if they made Kurnothi a full fledged army...this article is beginning to make me doubt it. They seem a bit TOO specialized in the underworlds narrative. By reading the flavor text on the card it seems they exist solely to purge the curse that seeped into the Beastgrave.

I pray to Kurnoth I'm wrong though!

25 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

I can really see these being combined with Wanderers to make a dope faction. 

There are enough similarities in the armour and designs that it's perfectly possible.  This is what happened to those Wanderers who didn't retreat to Azyr in the Age of Chaos (and survived Nurgle's rot).

4 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

Anyone else not a fan of the Kurnothi models? I have a Sylvaneth army, and these guys just really don't do it for me.  Which is unusual, as I have liked most everything that AoS and Shadespire has put out. 

The Sheok model looks incredibly derpy (the one with the large branch on his base), but I think part of it is the angle he is shown, and the other is how GW paints faces. I like the rest of them, and hopefully their rules won't be disappointing if I want to use them with my Wanderers. I really do hope they eventually expand the Wanderer faction with all kinds of weirdo elves like these, though - given that they are supposed to range far and wide it wouldn't be surprising if a bunch are mutants with goaty legs and horns and such - and the other elf factions are 'angry bloody snake ladies' and 'soul-lacking bald fish elves'. Plenty of room for neato models!