The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Definitely new Frost Sabres, new Icebrow Hunter but that Grot doesn't look like Gnoblar -  his nose is too small.

The same grot is featured here. He's unarmoured and no helm unlike the wolf riders.

40-BG-ENG.png.a7adaa0b5214d0be7fc06d919fd78456.png

The thing that has me really interested is what is the creature in the right of this card? That weird white face in the background.

39-BG-ENG.png.1a7329740298ef4fa773f30128b6a6b4.png

25 minutes ago, Beliman said:

From the art of the cards:

-Kurnothi

-Beast of Chaos

-Gitmob

-Beastclaw Raiders (hunter)

-Orruks (Ironjawz)

-Nurgle (if the big woman with horns is a nurgle shaman/wizzard/whatever)

-Flesh Eater Courts

-DoK (SoS).

( 8 bands, No seraphon....)

DoK isn't seen... Where did you see an art with a witch?

14 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

It's a lovely thought but I doubt they'd leave a large amount of new miniatures off the covers of the battletomes. 😕

We could always get lucky and score a new character or two though!

AoSOpenDay-Jul20-CitiesOfSigmar6kbkth-1.AoSOpenDay-Jul20-OrrukWarclansBattletome

I find it funny how there are more Stormcast Enternals than regular humans on the cover of Cities of Sigmar.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 4

*slams like button so hard the mouse breaks*

YES. New plastic hunter and tusks, christ yes. I'd hoped and hoped and then CONFIRMATION. Haven't been so buzzed by a model in ages. He's gonna have  crossbow and some traps and a sabretusk with actual top jaw sabre teeth... This is what I wanted.

Ahem. The blightking looks cool but that gobbo... He's not one of the wolf riders we've seen, looks like he might be waring a sash of chainmail..? Maybe he'll be lumped in with the Ironjawz warband? I know they don't care for grots but not sure where he fits, we do seem to have eight warbands confirmed if the 'Retrieve Javelin' card depicts one of the DoK melusai.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 6

One things I just noticed is that there is a white skulled beast in #39 Ritual Kill that is also echoed in #29 Jabbing Spear ... maybe a new type of beast to go with the hunter?

Those grots though, they got me wondering what they could be. If it doesn't go with the Ogor, how badass would it be if it was a Nasty Skulkers warband?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I find it funny how there are more Stormcast Enternals than regular humans on the cover of Cities of Sigmar.

It somewhat makes sense, based on the initial announcement on the warhammer community page emphasized the Stormcast  as part of the main force of cities of sigmar, to make up for purge units. With other cities would get other Order units in addition as part of their main force.  The other Forces of Order were part of the inital announcements appeal attempt to consumers and it may be a key part of the mechanics of the army composition.

1 hour ago, froo said:

I'm guessing this serpentine figure in the bottom is the DoK.

51-BG-ENG.png

No. From another card (shield bash or shield rush or something like that). The centaur charGing a Sister of Slaughter. But I didn't see this one.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

No. From another card (shield bash or shield rush or something like that). The centaur charing a Sister of Slaughter. But I didn't see this one.

You're right! Good find, I originally assumed it was a beastman because of the horns, but I can see that is a golden mask and crop top, definitely DoK

Just now, Tervindar said:

Are there any new cards with Seraphon? cant wait for the ogor hunter though.

From what we know, nothing points to a Seraphon band:
-Kurnothi
-Beast of Chaos
-Gitmob
-Orruks (Ironjawz)
-Nurgle
-Flesh Eater Courts
-DoK (SoS).

P.D: Goblins without armor too. Maybe part of one of this warbands? But no serpahon....shame.

Just now, Beliman said:

From what we know, nothing points to a Seraphon band:
-Kurnothi
-Beast of Chaos
-Gitmob
-Orruks (Ironjawz)
-Nurgle
-Flesh Eater Courts
-DoK (SoS).

P.D: Goblins without armor too. Maybe part of one of this warbands? But no serpahon....shame.

ahhh, i suppose my post was more so wishful thinking :) 

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Grots are part of Gutbusters, so maybe BCR got folded into Mawtribes and this dude could be working with the hunter, which would explain the caltrops given its a type of trap.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, froo said:

Grots are part of Gutbusters, so maybe BCR got folded into Mawtribes and this dude could be working with the hunter, which would explain the caltrops given its a type of trap.

Could be but that would sadly mean the replacement (in the background and new stuff at least) of classic Ogre Kingdoms gnoblar-style grots with regular common goblin-style grots. I suppose these could be hangers-on the hunter picked up on the way but still, I'd be sad to see the little wretches go, always thought they had more character than standard WHFB common goblins/AoS gitmob.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

Could be but that would sadly mean the replacement (in the background and new stuff at least) of classic Ogre Kingdoms gnoblar-style grots with regular common goblin-style grots. I suppose these could be hangers-on the hunter picked up on the way but still, I'd be sad to see the little wretches go, always thought they had more character than standard WHFB common goblins/AoS gitmob.

Maybe part of the Brute Warband? Brutes are the Mollog of this warband and grots are the Squigs?

7 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I think that staff from today’s rumour engine is from the medusa wizard that probably comes in the daughters of khaine underworld set.

That would make sense.  I dont see "High" elves beeing released anytime soon if the focus of the new plotline take us to Ghur.