The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Just realised the 'lizard scales' rumour engine is probably the cloak for a Salamanders character. With the supposed recent Salamanders Supplement leak, there is a new captain with a Drakehide cloak. I'm betting it's that.

Hoping I'm wrong, I still pray for seraphon. :(

That (sadly) makes a lot of sense.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/16/the-klaivex-unleashedgw-homepage-post-1/

For the 40K fans a new Dark Eldar plastic model moving from finecast to plastic as part of their new updating of the range through their current campaign. A nice pairing with the new Banshee's we've seen already. Just thing after this we might see GW doing a really nice similar treatment to AoS - all those metal skaven into nice plastic - all those finecast ogres! 

9 minutes ago, SaJeel said:

Can I get a link to the source that CoS and Orruks won't have endless spells or terrain 

Far as I know there isn't one. There is the oddity that they haven't previewed spells nor terrain when they showed off the books weeks ago. Furthermore I believe at least one of the staff was quoted saying that "they might not work like some of the armies we've seen thus far" however that is cryptic enough that its hard to tell what it actually means. 

Considering that Bonereapers already have a faction terrain on show in their book it suggests that production hasn't stopped of such products (unless GW has hit a snag and the Bonereapers one won't appear for a very long while). 

I'll still be shocked if there truly isn't a Fist of Gork type spell with them.   They might have a box of spells that is split though.  Like 2 that can be cast by bonesplitterz and 2 by ironjawz.  Might see something similar in CoS.  Like a "rune spell" for dwarves, a human spell, and a dark elf spell (since phoenix temple and wanderers don't actually have wizards anymore).

1 hour ago, SaJeel said:

Can I get a link to the source that CoS and Orruks won't have endless spells or terrain 

The Warhammer Weekly NOVA open preview video. Vince was in the room when the design team was asked about the CoS/Orruk release: "They will not in the traditional sense have these things [a new box of endless spells or terrain]" "Instead of making new boxes, they're going to have some other interesting options along those same lines."

Edited by Mutton

1 minute ago, Mutton said:

The Warhammer Weekly NOVA open preview video. Vince was in the room when asked the question: "They will not in the traditional sense have these things [a new box of endless spells or terrain]" "Instead of making new boxes, they're going to have some other interesting options along those same lines."

Link and time stamp?

15 minutes ago, willange said:

I'll still be shocked if there truly isn't a Fist of Gork type spell with them.   They might have a box of spells that is split though.  Like 2 that can be cast by bonesplitterz and 2 by ironjawz.  Might see something similar in CoS.  Like a "rune spell" for dwarves, a human spell, and a dark elf spell (since phoenix temple and wanderers don't actually have wizards anymore).

Actually CoS have a really small selection of Wizards. On foot we are left with only the Sorceress. Wanderers are left with Sisters of the Thorn and fre peoples got the Lumi/Hurricanum and Battlemage on Griffon.

• Like 1

If thats the case, im guessing that they will use the generic Endless spells, but they will be augmented in a way to make them better. A " Gnashing Jaws when cast from a warclan won't deal wounds to warclan" sorta thing. And then the CoS wizards will be able to dedicate themselves to a lroe of magic allowing them to cast more powerful forms of those endless spells. Only speculation

• Like 1

The only possibility I can think of is that they release a wave of terrain and possible models with these battletomes as a surprise release to see if a "flash" sale will increase sales compared to early previews of models.

Lately the pop up store and flash release business model is gaining quite some success in other fields. There is a slight possibility GW is dipping their toes in similar markets? Make the general public aware there will be a COS/Orruk release and then totally surprise us with a mini wave.

Also I think they want to line up the bonereapers with halloween (31 october). Hence late october release will likely be on that date.

Same reason why Gotrek was released on the international beard day?

GW is experimenting :P.

Edited by Kugane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Actually CoS have a really small selection of Wizards. On foot we are left with only the Sorceress. Wanderers are left with Sisters of the Thorn and fre peoples got the Lumi/Hurricanum and Battlemage on Griffon.

Pretty sure the Battlemages will be coming back once they remove the old points cost and ally branding from the box and regardless there’s still the foot battlemage from the Hurricanum kit. So that’s 6 separate wizard warscrolls. That’s not to be sniffed at.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kugane said:

The only possibility I can think of is that they release a wave of terrain and possible models with these battletomes as a surprise release to see if a "flash" sale will increase sales compared to early previews of models.

Lately the pop up store and flash release business model is gaining quite some success in other fields. There is a slight possibility GW is dipping their toes in similar markets? Make the general public aware there will be a COS/Orruk release and then totally surprise us with a mini wave.

Also I think they want to line up the bonereapers with halloween (31 october). Hence late october release will likely be on that date.

This is the first time someone made sense concerning GW‘s sudden change in release politics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kugane said:

This actually makes a ton of sense, and I could totally see this being the case. 

2 hours ago, Kugane said:

It's a lovely thought but I doubt they'd leave a large amount of new miniatures off the covers of the battletomes. 😕

We could always get lucky and score a new character or two though!

AoSOpenDay-Jul20-CitiesOfSigmar6kbkth-1.AoSOpenDay-Jul20-OrrukWarclansBattletome

7 hours ago, Neffelo said:

This actually makes a ton of sense, and I could totally see this being the case. 

You all love this arguments cause it makes you hope of a wave of miniatures release. All rumours point the fact it will be a "battletome only" release. Don't bend the reality to make it fit to your dreams or you'll be disapointed.  

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, frostfire said:

Any clue on this?

0294FC65-AE95-453C-AD19-F5F8797D1AF9.jpeg

It certainly used to be the case that all gods were to some extent warp entities, and thus could be called Chaos Gods regardless of their actual alignment. As ascended incarnates of one or other wind of magic the new gods must have a bit of the Realm of Chaos in them, but my understanding was that they had largely retconned the chaos connection. It will be very cool if this is true. Having shadowy chaos elves would be amazing, and help address the concern s of the "too many elves" crowd too. I'll believe it when i see it though ...

edit: What if Malerion is part ascended Makekith, part resurgent Malal?!

Edited by EccentricCircle

Or the writer got it wrong  for that bit. Far as we know Malerion is a "dark" god in such a way as he's not totally good; but far as we know he's not in line with Chaos. In fact Aelves of the Realms are almost insanely against Chaos. 

That is unless this is a sudden MASSIVE PLOT EVENT that has slipped the net early! We still don't know the real reason Malerion gave Sigmar the Gladiatorial Arena; nor have we really heard much about him for a long while