The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Forrix said:

I'll error on the side of being nice in my response but that is incredibly rude and obnoxious. 

It wasn't meant to be but I just find it funny that there are so many conspiracy theories where there doesn't need to be any. 

The book was previewed a while ago, the pre order and release date haven't come around yet.

Someone allegedly said something at an open day which was more than likely said because they didn't know the answer to the question asked.

Yes it sucks having to wait, I have a dark elf army waiting to see what they get in the book and a order grand alliance army waiting to see which city they hail from, but the time will come.

GW don't have to give previews, there was a time in the not so distant past where nothing was heard from them about anything. I much prefer how they do previews now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

The tin foil hat conspiracy theories about the CoS are quite funny. Seems to show more how impatient people are and shows a sense of entitlement. GW didn't have to give a preview at NOVA, would you rather not knowing what's coming out.

Anyway, to talk rumours the counters being released for beastgrave have future warbands in mind, any guesses what they may be from the few shown?

-Kurnothi start box

-BoC start box

-Wolfriders revealed

-Flesh eater card

-Nurgle card

-big Ironjawz card

2 others warbands

For the other part. They should have revealed ossiarch at AoS Day and CoS at Nova. 

Edited by CommodoreCass
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Overread said:

The Nova isn't the worst, its the removal of models with no reward that is the bad timing really. It's also leaving a lot of people in both Orruks and Free Cities sitting on money wanting to spend; wanting to finally get their armies 2.0 running and old HE players wanting to console themselves with using their armies for alternative models or at least buy into new forces - all WAITING. 

It is kinda sad that High Elves were not replaced by something new. Just removed. Even the "proxy" solution falls short in a lot of areas. Both Wizards were unique, the DE Dragonlord do not use the Horn so Order Draconis gameplay style is also gone.

Also we havent seen anything "elvish" on the rumor engine lately wich kinda make you feel that if something new is comming, it will take a long time.

It is pretty easy to see how people are angry\annoyee by how gw is dealing with cos.

First a short anouncement more than 2 months ago and since then 0 new info,but meanwhile we get previews and instarelease next week of marines(why 999999999999999 maries isnt enough)

Also we get deleted as the 40% of dwarfs units and 75% of high elfs units(i dont know about others)with 0 words of gw after a we gonna say in future what units gonna be deleted(and they deleted them with 0 words said)

I dont know others but i myself i would have prefered no preview  and get a real release.

I guess gw dont give a ****** about old world armys and players,so they continue deleting our units and giving us this poor treatment meanwhile we get more golden marines(stormcast), and again a new death army

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CommodoreCass said:

-big Ironjawz card

There was also a card with what looked like a Bonesplitter orruk (mixed with a bit of Ironjawz from the metal bits in it's jaw) which makes me think they might be releasing a combined Orruk Warclans warband instead of two separate ones for each faction. Which I think will be really interesting if that is what they actually do.

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ogregut said:

The tin foil hat conspiracy theories about the CoS are quite funny. Seems to show more how impatient people are and shows a sense of entitlement. GW didn't have to give a preview at NOVA, would you rather not knowing what's coming out.

Anyway, to talk rumours the counters being released for beastgrave have future warbands in mind, any guesses what they may be from the few shown?

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just a nudge we like everybody to be nice to everybody when talking about Toy Soldiers and your post does come across as rude. You could have worded it very differently. I agree that some people are being too passionate about wanting news but this is about an army that’s very popular and people have waited for a long time. 

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

Back to rumours....

So with the surprise reveal of Grot Wolfriders, I suspect they are in the Orruk book. Which has me thinking if we will see a Cities of Sigmar and Ogor warband in Beastgrave? 😁

18 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

So with the surprise reveal of Grot Wolfriders, I suspect they are in the Orruk book. Which has me thinking if we will see a Cities of Sigmar and Ogor warband in Beastgrave? 

It would be nice to have them in the Orruk book, but I think from the text they can would be more of a general ally for destruction.

That said, getting Ogres and Free Cities bands would be brilliant.

5 hours ago, prochuvi said:

It is pretty easy to see how people are angry\annoyee by how gw is dealing with cos.

First a short anouncement more than 2 months ago and since then 0 new info,but meanwhile we get previews and instarelease next week of marines(why 999999999999999 maries isnt enough)

Also we get deleted as the 40% of dwarfs units and 75% of high elfs units(i dont know about others)with 0 words of gw after a we gonna say in future what units gonna be deleted(and they deleted them with 0 words said)

I dont know others but i myself i would have prefered no preview  and get a real release.

I guess gw dont give a ****** about old world armys and players,so they continue deleting our units and giving us this poor treatment meanwhile we get more golden marines(stormcast), and again a new death army

Well, as Marines Releases affect a huge part of 40k Players (it´s like every second 40k Player has a Marine-Backup-Army) I do not wonder it got higher Priority.

The model cuts by gw were quite simple: Cut most of old kits and Heroe Models. Althrough by this argument a load of Free Peoples shall be gone, too, which ain´t the case.

To your last statement: Well, GW actually really care to keep second market undesireble and to promote newer releases. Thus is why CoS is a great deal for GW: Second Hand Fantasy-Armies, which could be bought cheaply, lost value proportional to the units they lost. Instead the "Soup" theme supports players to buy into ranges they wouldn´t buy before. You can´t simply buy a Dispossesed Army on ebay to start a great CoS Army, as you couldn´t use the Warriors, Thunderers, Cannons and also you would require to buy Aelfs and Free People Stuff, too. Businesswise this is actually smart, beeing supported by the Lore of Old World Factions.

Meanwhile, players get compensated by "Warhammer Legends", which will also gain Matched Play Point Costs next year, and by getting this new Soup Army which allows us an interessting armybuilding, adding flair into it etc,

30 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

So with the surprise reveal of Grot Wolfriders, I suspect they are in the Orruk book. Which has me thinking if we will see a Cities of Sigmar and Ogor warband in Beastgrave? 😁

They share mongolian aesthetics with the new ogor tyrant, so maybe they will be covered by the new ogor book?

By the way, how it is possible, that somebody has already got and painted the new model:

https://spruesandbrews.com/2019/07/20/battletome-mawtribes-new-ogor-battletome/

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PaniuBraniu said:

They share mongolian aesthetics with the new ogor tyrant, so maybe they will be covered by the new ogor book?

By the way, how it is possible, that somebody has already got and painted the new model:

Damn I didn’t realize, but that model incorporates BCR stuff in it so much. 

43 minutes ago, PaniuBraniu said:

My guess is friends on the inside and said friend being a little bit naughty. Or something along those lines. Whatever the case it definitely seems like they will be combining design elements from both Gutbusters and BCR for Mawtribe models in the future.

Edited by Dirtnaps

I'd agree that there's nothing strictly new about the visual language of this tyrant but I suppose it shows that while GW could have taken a new path with the non-BCR ogre aesthetic, one which ignored the visual elements of the BCR (which in the models really are exactly the same as the current regular ogres, just painted in whites and blues), they didn't. Which is a thing.

Personally I really like that they've kept the little glimmers of Early Modern-inspired features with the ogres, like the use of pistols and blackpowder weapons. It's a small detail but it is another thing which stops them from being big non-green orcs.

Also that model was posted on Spures & Brews two months ago! Granted it was NOVA but it's still surprising to see a model 'in the wild' (ish) that early.

7 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Does anyone have a list of that leak about the warbands? I don’t remember gitz being in there. 

Here. It's from Hastings at War of Sigmar ( http://disq.us/p/230dnq1 ). He's generally better than a lot of other rumour-y people but then there's always scuttlebutt, stuff that doesn't pan out, etc.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:07 PM, sandlemad said:

I did hear some time back there were maybe 10 warbands this season (although I think 2 are from dreadfane as they were SE & NH), the others were (IIRC) DoK, Ogrurrrs (specifically 1 hunter and 1 or 2 animals), Wanderers, FeC (or might have been free peoples I can't remember), Seraphon, Slaanesh, Nurgle and another skaven. I myself would have liked Idoneth but this is a pretty nice mix of stuff, and at least no more Khorne or excessive SE.

Edited by sandlemad

On 9/14/2019 at 1:11 PM, mikethefish said:

Not loving the new warband.

It would be like if some auto manufacturer took the time to recreate a 1980's Volvo sedan, without bothering to upgrade or add any new features.  Even if they took painstaking detail and lots of brilliant engineering to recreate the original car...at the end of the day, it's still an ugly-ass Volvo, no matter how much talent went into recreating it.

Same thing with these figs.  Yes, they are well realized and nicely sculpted figures.  They are, however, realizations the same tired old tropes we've seen hundreds of times before - even down to the ridiculous looking fur-lined Mongol helmet.  I wanted something new.  This isn't it.

The nineties called and they want their minis back.  Hard pass.

I don't see what's wrong with throwing in some old tropes. The majority of the other warbands are high fantasy crazy silly stuff, and one is goblins riding wolves. I think there needs to be at least a sprinkle of semi-regular looking stuff in AoS. Not everything has to be balls to the wall insane super fantasy stuff that takes leaps in mentality to really understand. Sometimes a stinky goblin riding a snarling wolf just works. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Unboxing of Beastgrave up on WHC: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/16/beastgrave-unboxedgw-homepage-post-2/

Anyone with eagle eyes and the will to damage them want to try to pick out hints of the Kurnothi background?

This seems promising:

A small but significant change in Warhammer Underworlds: Beastgrave is how faction-specific cards work. Starting with the Core Set, every Warhammer Underworlds warband will have a minimum-sized deck’s worth of cards – that’s 10 Upgrades, 10 Gambits and 12 Objectives. This means that building your first deck is super easy, just grab everything that’s specific to your warband and you’re good to go! 

22 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Unboxing of Beastgrave up on WHC: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/16/beastgrave-unboxedgw-homepage-post-2/

Anyone with eagle eyes and the will to damage them want to try to pick out hints of the Kurnothi background?

This seems promising:

From the same article they say:

For the Kurnothi, we’ve had our first look at what seems to be a brand new race in the Mortal Realms…”

If that does not mean a new army coming soon...

• Like 6

5 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I'd agree that there's nothing strictly new about the visual language of this tyrant but I suppose it shows that while GW could have taken a new path with the non-BCR ogre aesthetic, one which ignored the visual elements of the BCR (which in the models really are exactly the same as the current regular ogres, just painted in whites and blues), they didn't. Which is a thing.

Personally I really like that they've kept the little glimmers of Early Modern-inspired features with the ogres, like the use of pistols and blackpowder weapons. It's a small detail but it is another thing which stops them from being big non-green orcs.

Also that model was posted on Spures & Brews two months ago! Granted it was NOVA but it's still surprising to see a model 'in the wild' (ish) that early.

Here. It's from Hastings at War of Sigmar ( http://disq.us/p/230dnq1 ). He's generally better than a lot of other rumour-y people but then there's always scuttlebutt, stuff that doesn't pan out, etc.

Have they done any influencer preview events like they did with the contrast paints recently? Maybe someone broke an NDA?

44 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

From the same article they say:

For the Kurnothi, we’ve had our first look at what seems to be a brand new race in the Mortal Realms…”

If that does not mean a new army coming soon...

well more Aelves in the future.

that pretty exciting since I didn't think the remaining Wood Aelves would be forever stuck in the CoS Soup tome without becoming their own thing in the future.