The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

If that implies that gitmob can't ally with the gloomspite I will get very angry...

Maybe they aren't Gitmobs. Maybe they are " new Oglah Khan's" mercenaries (Gotrek-style alies for destru)... Maybe they are part of a new keyword (?)...  Or maybe they don't have warscroll for AoS 🤣

Just now, Beliman said:

Maybe they aren't Gitmobs. Maybe they are " new Oglah Khan's" mercenaries (Gotrek-style alies for destru)... Maybe they are part of a new keyword (?)...  Or maybe they don't have warscroll for AoS 🤣

They always have a warscroll for AoS, it'll be interesting to try and read the tea leaves when they get released.

You can usually get something out of it, like Zarbags Gits pretty much confirmed an incoming moonclan release by having a bunch of new keywords attached to their AoS profiles.

Likewise, when we got Sylvaneth and KO warbands at the same time, it was easy to guess that Sylvaneth tome was inbound and KO wasn't, the Sylvaneth models had new keywords and reworded rules, whereas the KO guys had nothing new and terrible stats to boot.

Sepulchral guard were unusable outside of the GA for a year or so, Mollog too but only for a short amount of time. There’s hope, they said every WHU warband gets a AoS warscroll, does not mean it is useful...

Kurnothi and now these Grots seems just too many new factions coming, it’s possible they are just testing waters.

It’s also possible they can be expanded only in future Warcry expansions, for example in a destruction based “new season” of Warcry 

Edited by alghero81

Not loving the new warband.

It would be like if some auto manufacturer took the time to recreate a 1980's Volvo sedan, without bothering to upgrade or add any new features.  Even if they took painstaking detail and lots of brilliant engineering to recreate the original car...at the end of the day, it's still an ugly-ass Volvo, no matter how much talent went into recreating it.

Same thing with these figs.  Yes, they are well realized and nicely sculpted figures.  They are, however, realizations the same tired old tropes we've seen hundreds of times before - even down to the ridiculous looking fur-lined Mongol helmet.  I wanted something new.  This isn't it.

The nineties called and they want their minis back.  Hard pass.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

@mikethefish to you its a remade volvo - to others its a remade classic ferarri - different tastes.

Also 40K and AoS are rooted in the 80-90s heavily - heck Stormcast and the realms are straight off the front covers of metal albums from back in the day. Heck the new Bonereapers are already compared to Skeletor and Skeleton Warriors. 

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yeah people need to keep in mind this game is called “Warhammer”-Age of Sigmar

It is impossible for the game totally gets rid of the influence from the old good WFB

Besides,  though it is true that AOS has created huge design space for new elements, but that doesn’t stop designers to bring back some classic designs they liked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, michu said:

Someone noticed that their WHU logo is a sun and Gloomspite Battletome said something about Gitmobz and the worship of the sun...

So if they’re sun-worshippers, that could make them appropriate as a broadly Hyshite faction (in the same way that Kharadron are Chamonite and DoK are generally from Ulgu), which could make them an appropriate enemy for Tyrion and Teclis’s angelic light elves.... if and when GW get around to them. 

Great models anyway, good sense of motion, a pleasingly subtle/non-OTT update of the old concept, and having an all-cavalry Underworlds warband is exciting. Probably a sort of new selling point for Beastgrave in the same way that magic was for Nightvault? Though from the cards there doesn’t seem to have been much special about that Kurnothi centaur dude.

Was really hoping for this rumoured ogre hunter but I am still happy for those who love this stuff because I am capable of valuing things that are not directly aimed at me without getting narcissistically outraged when others get toys.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Overread said:

@mikethefish to you its a remade volvo - to others its a remade classic ferarri - different tastes.

Also 40K and AoS are rooted in the 80-90s heavily - heck Stormcast and the realms are straight off the front covers of metal albums from back in the day. Heck the new Bonereapers are already compared to Skeletor and Skeleton Warriors. 

Well... that's essentially false.

They have their ORIGINS in the 80's/90's, but every single new thing that GW has sculpted in recent years (these new figs, excepted) has been an effort to update their aesthetic to more modern tastes.  The new "tacticool" Primaris marines are a great example.  Even the Gloomspite Gitz, while basically being an extension of a 90's era concept, are very much a modern-day riff on the original Grots, with a lot of unique and creative designs

I can definitely see the Skeletor influence, but you are missing the essential point in that nobody has made miniatures that look quite like the Ossiarch.  So even while they were inspired by older stuff, it's still very much new to us.

These are rehashes of models they already made - and not particularly inspired original models, besides.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Primaris are just a new version of marines just like when they changed from beaky helms back in the day - the only difference is that GW marketing decided to release primaris alongside regular marines instead of just updating the design; so marines wound up with this really odd situation where they've got a lot of copy-cat unit types between regular and primaris. 

Otherwise most of the designs are simply evolutions. Stormcast are hardly very modern; they are hammer wielding spacemarines. New to the AoS setting, but not a revolutionary design in terms of being "way out there". Which is the same of most of the AoS updates; even the KO are simply an evolution of dwarves who already had airships and iron warships back in the Old World - only lore and restrictions on model size made them impractical. Even now the balls are mostly there to save space and size over using blimp tanks. 

Idoneth might be the most original design in the whole game in terms of pushing imagination. Flesh Eaters lore could be argued to be the same, but in models they are just the old ghouls and wild vampires. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Not always you have to reinvent a wheel - Goblins riding wolves are a good theme and we don't know what updated lore for them GW created. Their look can be old-fashioned but their lore can be innovative. 

And tell me what is that innovative in Primaris? I like them but they have old mark IV helmets and their army composition is based on pre-heresy legions. New, modernized look - agree. Innovative? Hardly. Same goes for Gloomspite.

Edited by michu
  • Like 2

I think Underworlds gives them a good opportunity (like Warcry) to design unique, scattershot models that may not have a place as an entire faction. Granted the gitsmob aren't new, but it's nice to see a fresh sculpt on classic ideas. They certainly look better than the old flat-faced wolves of Fantasy.

• Like 2

Wow, some people like classic styles, some like more "out there" concepts, some like something inbetween and some like things across the spectrum.

I would appreciate less of the "I don't want this, so GW should not make this" sentiment, though. That works in both directions (i.e. classic design fans against new concepts, and fans of new concepts against classic design), where the "grumpy grognard WHFB loyalists" and "everything made before 2015 sucks AoS loyalists" horseshoe around to become almost exactly the same as each other - despite their massively differing tastes.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think the new Wolf Rider warband is just gorgeous. The detail on those wolves is incredible - especially for push fit models. Really interested to see these mounted models turning up in Beastgrave, it fits with the new setting for season three.

As for where they sit best in the Age of Sigmar game I'm not sure? I'd be very surprised if we saw Gitmob again anytime soon. I big mob of these in a Gutbusters army would look great. 

Edited by Greyshadow