The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Nqshou said:

Oh, that's interesting/ I hope things that are not pictured with rounds are not on their way out, though that would be weird for the Battlemage on Griffin or Rocket battery. I really want the greatswords, pistoleers and outriders to stay (those were boxed with rounds/ovals, by the way).

Some elves are done as well, but not all.

I noticed there are now 19 sets, but I think that's just the dedoubling of General on Griffin pictures.

Edited by zilberfrid

Yeah, you have things like one phoenix pictured on rounds and not the other, it's clearly a work in progress.

Mind you most of these kits have had rounds included for a long time already, so it's mostly just updating the website and maybe the packaging. Would be interesting to see if some of these start becoming retail available again.

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

From what I gather most are some poor person sitting there putting the model digitally on the round base instead of taking a new photo - which is why many still have square bases when you scroll through the photos. 

They just haven't replaced all the pictures. On most of them, it's pretty clear that the round based models are new paint jobs compared to the square based ones..

On Beastgrave speculation, if we assume 8 warbands+dreadfane, and take in the hints from the cards shown yesterday...

Confirmed:

BoC

Kurnothi

Card Hints:

New Ironjawz (Brute focused?)

Nurgle Warband

FEC

That only leaves three slots, with 2 Chaos Warbands, 1 Order, 1 Destruction, and 1 Death.

I'm guessing probably one more order faction, so I'd wager DoK, (previous rumor) Seraphon, or maybe CoS.

For Destruction some kind of Ogor faction, since we already have Orruks and Gits dominated Nightvault.

If we get anything new for Death I'd expect Bonereapers, but that could be next year instead.

I think Chaos is covered with BoC/Nurgle, but we'll see.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, madmac said:

On Beastgrave speculation, if we assume 8 warbands+dreadfane, and take in the hints from the cards shown yesterday...

Confirmed:

BoC

Kurnothi

Card Hints:

Nurgle Warband

FEC

That only leaves three slots, with 2 Chaos Warbands, 1 Order, 1 Destruction, and 1 Death.

I'm guessing probably one more order faction, so I'd wager DoK, (previous rumor) Seraphon, or maybe CoS.

For Destruction some kind of Ogor faction, since we already have Orruks and Gits dominated Nightvault.

If we get anything new for Death I'd expect Bonereapers, but that could be next year instead.

I guess Order will be SCE, they are the posterboys. I would love it to be CoS, but that's an idle hope.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

From what I gather most are some poor person sitting there putting the model digitally on the round base instead of taking a new photo - which is why many still have square bases when you scroll through the photos. 

For infantry, that's not really possible. You'd have to get new ones. Easily done by a contest.

38 minutes ago, madmac said:

Confirmed:

BoC

Kurnothi

Card Hints:

Nurgle Warband

FEC

There‘s no guarantee or even precedent for an even quarterly split. First season had 3 for Chaos, 3 for Order and 1 each for Destruction and Death. Second season had 3 for Order, 1 for Death and 2 each for Chaos and Destruction. There‘s no pattern.

10 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I guess Order will be SCE, they are the posterboys. I would love it to be CoS, but that's an idle hope.

I appreciate the cynicism, but I honestly don't expect Stormcast for once.  For one thing, they were technically already included as part of Dreadfane, which is pretty much the alt starter box for casuals this season. More importantly there just isn't really anything left to cover with Stormcast until they get another chamber. We've got liberators, we've got Vanguard, we've basically every unit in Sacrosanct. The handful of Stormcast models not already included are pretty much just old models no-one likes from 2+ years ago, even GW isn't that low effort with most underworld bands.

I wouldn't totally write off CoS either. An actual Freeguild warband is fairly unlikely, but I could see a designer really getting into the idea of creating a mixed race Adventuring Party. Dwarf warrior, Elf Archer, Human Mage, ect. Would be very different than what we usually get.

6 minutes ago, Drakensgreed said:

There‘s no guarantee or even precedent for an even quarterly split. First season had 3 for Chaos, 3 for Order and 1 each for Destruction and Death. Second season had 3 for Order, 1 for Death and 2 each for Chaos and Destruction. There‘s no pattern.

I never said there was a pattern, although most seasons do seem to lean Order heavy. I just don't expect a third Chaos warband this season, especially since Slaanesh mortals aren't really a thing currently.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, madmac said:

I appreciate the cynicism, but I honestly don't expect Stormcast for once.  For one thing, they were technically already included as part of Dreadfane, which is pretty much the alt starter box for casuals this season. More importantly there just isn't really anything left to cover with Stormcast until they get another chamber. We've got liberators, we've got Vanguard, we've basically every unit in Sacrosanct. The handful of Stormcast models not already included are pretty much just old models no-one likes from 2+ years ago, even GW isn't that low effort with most underworld bands.

I wouldn't totally write off CoS either. An actual Freeguild warband is fairly unlikely, but I could see a designer really getting into the idea of creating a mixed race Adventuring Party. Dwarf warrior, Elf Archer, Human Mage, ect. Would be very different than what we usually get.

I never said there was a pattern, although most seasons do seem to lean Order heavy. I just don't expect a third Chaos warband this season, especially since Slaanesh mortals aren't really a thing currently.

I actually wasn't cynical, that does happen sometimes. Beastgrave gives a few new rules, and I was thinking GW might want SCE to get a warband made for these rules.

But your idea for a mixed race adventuring party is way better! I would even get that as GW quality D&D minis.

If it's reminiscent of the Huntsmaster and the Beast hunters (Waystalker, Dwarven engineer, Witch hunter, Knight and Hunter), it would be even better, get the synergy up both ways (you can get Gotrek and Felix as a DLC with this month's White Dwarf).

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMuphinMan said:

we are getting the Ubersreik 5..er..uh 4. A warband consisting of 5 miniatured but you can only use 4 at once.

😂, yeah because the aelve and the duardin have a few little things to argue about.

taking both of them would lead your warband to a stillstand, because the dwarf and the aelve can’t stop arguing about stuff like how weedier the grots were back then etc.

• Like 1