The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

And now for some AoS rumour discussion... 😀

We're still in a bit of a lull with all the 40k releases, but it seems clear at this point that Beastgrave will be up for pre-order next week, and probably (hopefully) we'll have Cities and Orruks up for pre-order the following week for release in early October. With Bonereapers also confirmed for Pre-order in October that is looking to be AoS's month to shine.

• Like 1

At this point it’s almost sure that Beastgrave will be announced this Sunday for pre-order the 21st.

This could be an occasion to put out some battletomes (no spells or terrain and potentially no or limited reboxing) and maybe see if the old WU warbands will reappear under other forms or will be relegated forever to direct order only.

Just now, sandlemad said:

And then there was only about a week between Nightvault going up for preorder and then the next two warbands being announced. Seems plausible that we'll be looking at that kind of timescale again with Beastgrave, though maybe their release will be doubled up with something else.

They actually put up the teaser video for all warbands roughly the day the pre-order for Nightvault went up, and the first two warbands went up for pre-order almost immediately, like two weeks after Nightvaults release, IIRC.

Given that the release date for Beastgrave is looking to be the same as Nightvault, it's likely we'll see the a similar roll-out.

46 minutes ago, madmac said:

They actually put up the teaser video for all warbands roughly the day the pre-order for Nightvault went up, and the first two warbands went up for pre-order almost immediately, like two weeks after Nightvaults release, IIRC.

Given that the release date for Beastgrave is looking to be the same as Nightvault, it's likely we'll see the a similar roll-out.

We have to take into account that art previews of Zarbag‘s Gitz and the Eyes of the Nine seemingly came out prematurely and leaked online, leading to the teaser video.

37 minutes ago, Drakensgreed said:

We have to take into account that art previews of Zarbag‘s Gitz and the Eyes of the Nine seemingly came out prematurely and leaked online, leading to the teaser video.

I'd totally forgotten about that leak.

Still, the teaser video was a high production quality preview with animation, music, narration, ect not something that was hastily cobbled together. I doubt it was released more than a week earlier than planned, all things considered.

33 minutes ago, madmac said:

I'd totally forgotten about that leak.

Still, the teaser video was a high production quality preview with animation, music, narration, ect not something that was hastily cobbled together. I doubt it was released more than a week earlier than planned, all things considered.

Likewise, I'd say it was well underway.

Anyway, Beastgrave how-to-play video up: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/12/learn-to-play-warhammer-underworlds-beastgrave-todaygw-homepage-post-3/ It'll be interesting to see what are the new mechanics, possibly pulling from Dreadfane, as well as maybe some background hints for the Kurnothi.

There was also the promise of " more news from the Warhammer Underworlds coming this weekend, as we reveal a brand-new warband unlike any you’ve seen before" which could be a bunch of things but I chose to fervantly believe is this rumoured BCR hunter with kitties. Arguably not a million miles from Mollog and his mates but still.

EDIT: Going to throw in this rumour from back in July, mentioned on Atia's blog by Hastings: http://disq.us/p/230dnq1

I did hear some time back there were maybe 10 warbands this season (although I think 2 are from dreadfane as they were SE & NH), the others were (IIRC) DoK, Ogrurrrs (specifically 1 hunter and 1 or 2 animals), Wanderers, FeC (or might have been free peoples I can't remember), Seraphon, Slaanesh, Nurgle and another skaven. I myself would have liked Idoneth but this is a pretty nice mix of stuff, and at least no more Khorne or excessive SE.

Edited by sandlemad

A mixed ironjaw brutes and bonesplitters warband would be interesting and appropriately Ghur-ish, if he's not just a big topless ironjaw. Dude on the right looks strange though. Anyone else think that looks more like his bare skull than a mask? Could just be a quirk of the art though.

Edited by sandlemad

6 minutes ago, Garxia said:

Ironjawz Brutes and Bonesplitterz bands?

Looks like so in the preview cards!

orruk.png.0552683acd479cd23aace798be2a51f4.png

Looks good for greenskins!

I think they may be both IJ, that type of metal-reinforced trophy skull is abundant in the Brute kit. Or a mix of IJ and BS could be cool as well.

Edited by Drakensgreed

Interesting that they are releasing the how to play video before the pre-order is up for Beastgrave.

Maybe (hopefully) Orruks Warclan and Cities of Sigmar are taking so much of next weeks articles on the Community site that they are fitting some Beastgrave in right now. 

• Like 1