The Rumour Thread

A good few still show on the store page on square bases, some of it might be repacking removals (since for some daft reason GW's store can't just update the content it has to be a new product code and all). Though its stealthy removals/changes like this that always annoy me with GW. Can't they just be up front about it!

34 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

I cannot find the priest, the wizards were gone a couple of days ago. Even the exc war priest is gone? Am I dreaming or they were there yesterday? 🤣

The Excelsior Warpriest I have not seen recently, I ebayed one to get my hands on the gryph puppy (and the dude, though less important).

The Battlewizards were removed last week or the week before.

Edited by zilberfrid

Nurgle would make sense, Underworlds warbands mostly lag army releases by at least a year or so, except for the ones that are released early.

Season 1 was almost all early AoS armies.  SC Liberators, Khorne Bloodbound, Fyreslayers, Ironjawz, and Vanguard Hunters, plus Skellies given rules for a Deathrattle, which isn't even really a thing anymore, and some random Skaven.

Season 2 opened with the obvious Soul Wars tie in Factions with the Cursebreakers/Nighthaunt and again in Dreadfane. You had KO, TZ, and Sylvaneth, which were all in the era of battletomes starting to have actual allegiance abilities, but also 2 Gits warbands a few months ahead of the battletome release, and Dark Oath, which nobody knows yet what the deal with Darkoath is.

Season 3 Leads off with Kurnothi, which are brand new, and BoC, which got a battletome last year. I imagine we'll see a sprinkling of warbands from mostly 2018 armies and maybe some stragglers that never got representation from earlier seasons, like Bonesplitters, Beastclaw Raiders, FEC, or Seraphon. It'll be interesting if we get any brand new warbands like Kurnothi, something from the BoneReapers doesn't appear unlikely, or something from Mawtribes instead of Beastclaw for Ogors.

I figure once Bonereapers are out and done for a while the story will focus back to Archaon. Chaos is still the big bad of the setting; its just been pushed back like crazy since the Realmwars; thus letting Nagash and Sigmar have time for this little spat of competition between each other. Prime time for Archaon to charge forth from the Eightpoints and strike back! 

• Thanks 1

Although would we start a new thread leaving Nagash unchecked? I think before moving the narrative we would need a closure on the existing one, and Archaeon beating again Nagash would be too repetitive. I think a Slaves release can be unlinked to Archaon major role as mentioned at Warhammer Fest

They don't have to resolve the Nagash Vs Sigmar conflict. If anything GW might be setting the ground work between Death and Order to have a long standing war that never resolves. Meanwhile Destruction broke out of the unified alliance early and by and large is made up of tribal groups who operate to their own rules. Some might go as mercenaries, others might simply fight whatever they want. Meanwhile you've got Orruk Warbosses out for the biggest and baddest fights they can find. 

That leaves the original Alliance of 3 fragmented into their 3 Grand Alliance blocks. It basically gives Chaos a chance in at least surviving and holding onto lands in the Mortal Realms.

Setting a stage for an age of War and Strife in the Age of Sigmar as the gods bicker. It also means that Sigmar's immortal Stormcast, once able to carry the fight against chaos all on their own, now come up with problems as their rear is being threatened by other forces. Destruction would tear it all down and take it back to wild camps and raiders which would make it effortless for chaos to spread once more. Meanwhile Death would have Nagash seeking to constantly subvert all life to him; meaning that he's basically acting like Chaos in trying to take over the world - thus a major opponent to Sigmar who seeks to unify, advance, build and protect life. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the last thing Games Workshop want is for any of the various and sundry wars to end. If someone wins, then its over, whereas they want a state of eternal strife, where everyone has a good reason to fight anyone else (up to and including themselves!)

Its one of the reasons 40K works so well as a wargaming setting. You don't have a finite conflict which you will one day win, rather its about holding the line against lots of different and multifaceted threats. The balance of power in the old world worked very well in that respect too. There were opportunities for alliances, but basically everyone hated each other, and had every reason to go on the warpath. In some ways AoS still has a bit of catching up to do in this regard, since there are some factions where it simply doesn't make sense in the lore for them to fight each other, and not all of the factions have good excuses to fight themselves.

Reminder if you play Warhammer Total War 2 then out today is the new DLC which adds a new human and new lizardmen set of leaders themed around beasts. Get the mighty hunter of beasts and his gun chariots; or get some big new lizards including the massive dread sauron! There's also a free update of a new leader for lizardmen and also the groundwork for Gotrek and Felix (which should be out as soon as you can get your hands on a copy of this months White Dwarf and the activation code) 

You can also now play with a modified Bretonnia force in the Vortex Campaign! 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Total War: Warhammer 2 really is peak Warhammer.

At least until Total War: Warhammer 3 comes along.

I'm really looking forward too the demon armies! Honestly I'm super glad that CA got the licence because they've done an outstanding job of bringing the Old World to life through their game. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

I'm really looking forward too the demon armies! Honestly I'm super glad that CA got the licence because they've done an outstanding job of bringing the Old World to life through their game. 

And, in spite of the multitude of DLC, it's still cheaper than actually buying a single Warhammer army.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I’d rather pay for each dlc, then to gamble for those units with money.

no interest in seeing total war  becoming like call of duty etc.

Yup not a gambling man. Rather pay once and have access to all the Kharibdyss, Doom Flayers and Dread Saurians I can handle!