The Rumour Thread

22 hours ago, Chikout said:

So.. Regarding that rumour about Duardin,  Aelves and Slaanesh, I found that post on Facebook and was reading through the comments. One user said that it matched what he had heard. Feeling slightly creepy, I clicked through to see who this guy was. It was then that a name on this guys friend list jumped out. It was none other than John Blanche. (turns out John is his middle name- who knew?)

Anyway, this is a very roundabout way of saying that this rumour may actually have a little credibility.

Sorry to say, but I myself am a FB friend of mr Blanche even though I've never spoken a word to him. Hes friends with a big part of the INQ28 group on FB, it doesn't actually mean that they know him.

35 minutes ago, Malicth said:

Wow didn't think you guys would be talking about my post on Facebook. Don't know if I should feel flattered it made its way here or under pressure lol.

Everything finds its way here. I feel you should feel more stalked than anything.

Still as with all rumors you take it with a grain of salt I am going to entertain it as possibly true. Now when AOS came out we all remember this image right? I mean white dwarf hinted where did the dark prince go? Then gave us this image. 

1fc6af06a1871ed1462990d3f5d857cc.jpg

Now that symbol to me looks like a headdress of sorts and they note that slaanesh throne is empty and slaanesh is being held in Ulgu. There is also another certain character who is also in Ulgu with Malerion and it's noted when he found her she was "changed". Now do recall the rumor said some elves will be joining slaanesh and who was the head of the cult of pleasure in whfb? During the end times slaanesh spirited her away for unknown purposes before Malerion found her again. Now that symbol looks kinda similar to her headdress. 

Also in the slaanesh short story the slaaneshi warband entertain the idea that possibly slaanesh allowed itself to be captured. Now possibly Morathi may become slaanesh or join with slaanesh or most likely will be an important figure in the storyline. 

300px-Morathi.jpg

latest?cb=20140418171900

latest?cb=20160302161154

Speaking as a slaanesh fan, slaanesh has too much baggage with the fanbase most people who are aware of fluff know that slaanesh is not really about sex. Yet people always think of that when it comes to slaanesh Personally I see this as GW's opportunity to redefine slaanesh and take some of the dark eldar's angle on excess and it's honestly easier to market. I could be wrong but that's just my theory. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

That would be great. If they took potentially all the Dark Elve's uniqueness it could see them being removed entirely from order, which would help with balance.

I think we might be more likely to see a split. One part of the dark elves still in order with the now remade malakith/Malerion as their god/king, and the other part now dedicated to slaanesh with a remade morathi as the leader.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

Sorry to say, but I myself am a FB friend of mr Blanche even though I've never spoken a word to him. Hes friends with a big part of the INQ28 group on FB, it doesn't actually mean that they know him.

If you ever do get chance to meet him, like pretty much everybody at GW he is a really nice guy! I met him a few years ago at a GW Heat for fantasy and he was just sitting out of the way doodling in a notebook. It was great to chat with him, especially as I was in awe as I love his work!

2 hours ago, Malicth said:

Wow didn't think you guys would be talking about my post on Facebook. Don't know if I should feel flattered it made its way here or under pressure lol.

Under Pressure of course!!! ;) 

37 minutes ago, EvDJ said:

I think we might be more likely to see a split. One part of the dark elves still in order with the now remade malakith/Malerion as their god/king, and the other part now dedicated to slaanesh with a remade morathi as the leader.

This is what I expect to happen shadowkin are most likely are going to be the faction fighting them. While the slaanshi elves will be together with the humans as ,Morathi as their rallying leader. If the rumour is true.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shinros said:

This is what I expect to happen shadowkin are most likely are going to be the faction fighting them. While the slaanshi elves will be together with the humans as ,Morathi as their rallying leader. If the rumour is true.

I wonder if we'll see a similar release format for slaanesh as we have did tzeentch. Human followers, Elves standing in for the tzaangors, and then demons. That way they could stick to the pattern of mortal and demon, and the new aelves when working out allegiances and such.

25 minutes ago, EvDJ said:

I wonder if we'll see a similar release format for slaanesh as we have did tzeentch. Human followers, Elves standing in for the tzaangors, and then demons. That way they could stick to the pattern of mortal and demon, and the new aelves when working out allegiances and such.

Yup I was just thinking that might be the case if the rumour is true.

2 hours ago, shinros said:

Still as with all rumors you take it with a grain of salt I am going to entertain it as possibly true. Now when AOS came out we all remember this image right? I mean white dwarf hinted where did the dark prince go? Then gave us this image. 

1fc6af06a1871ed1462990d3f5d857cc.jpg

Now that symbol to me looks like a headdress of sorts and they note that slaanesh throne is empty and slaanesh is being held in Ulgu. There is also another certain character who is also in Ulgu with Malerion and it's noted when he found her she was "changed". Now do recall the rumor said some elves will be joining slaanesh and who was the head of the cult of pleasure in whfb? During the end times slaanesh spirited her away for unknown purposes before Malerion found her again. Now that symbol looks kinda similar to her headdress. 

Also in the slaanesh short story the slaaneshi warband entertain the idea that possibly slaanesh allowed itself to be captured. Now possibly Morathi may become slaanesh or join with slaanesh or most likely will be an important figure in the storyline. 

300px-Morathi.jpg

latest?cb=20140418171900

latest?cb=20160302161154

Speaking as a slaanesh fan, slaanesh has too much baggage with the fanbase most people who are aware of fluff know that slaanesh is not really about sex. Yet people always think of that when it comes to slaanesh Personally I see this as GW's opportunity to redefine slaanesh and take some of the dark eldar's angle on excess and it's honestly easier to market. I could be wrong but that's just my theory. 

I think this sounds very plausible indeed.

However are we then saying tat we expect three elf factions to appear? Tyrions crew, Malekiths Guys AND a evil Morathi/Slannash army?

or will Malerion turn to the darkside as well?

And what would this mean for the exile models.

Id be surprised if they just up and shifted them all over a grand alliance just like that . . . perhaps they could incorporate it so you can actually choose what faction the exiles are at the start of the battle and go from there.

What i think would be interesting is for Slaanesh and morathi to merge and become something that isent really either. And for Slaanesh as a result to become an outcast god fighting to regain his/her place amoung the pantheon thus creating a offshoot from chaos.

I am absolutely fine with Saaneshi Elves under Morathi, as long as mortal human warrior followers remain a thing and there are Slaangor in the mix as well.

Though I have to question the certainty with which Slaanesh is stated to be in Uglu. Malerion captured Slaanesh in collaboration with Tyrion, couldn't Slaanesh be held in Hysh just as well? Or even somewhere else entirely? You are not exactly hiding something when you just take it to your homebase.

33 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I am absolutely fine with Saaneshi Elves under Morathi, as long as mortal human warrior followers remain a thing and there are Slaangor in the mix as well.

Though I have to question the certainty with which Slaanesh is stated to be in Uglu. Malerion captured Slaanesh in collaboration with Tyrion, couldn't Slaanesh be held in Hysh just as well? Or even somewhere else entirely? You are not exactly hiding something when you just take it to your homebase.

Nope going by the fluff is ulgu. All the followers are congregating there and the short story takes place in ulgu. Also if you want to hide something ulgu is the best place. Since Malerion has powers that can even block the sight of tzeentch.

It's how sigmar made the stormcast without tzeentch knowing about it even tzeentch does not know where slaanesh is kept. Going by the short story of course hence why I believe the grand spell he is weaving is to reveal the location.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

This might of been just an assumption on my part but i was under the impression that they didnt take him anywhere. I thought Slaanesh hid to digest the elves in somewhere and the Tyrion and Malerion found him and proceeded to beat him up until he vomited out the elf souls. They may have built a city of fortress around him/her??

11 minutes ago, shinros said:

Nope going by the fluff is ulgu. All the followers are congregating there and the short story takes place in ulgu. Also if you want to hide something ulgu is the best place. Since Malerion has powers that can even block the sight of tzeentch.

It's how sigmar made the stormcast without tzeentch knowing about it even tzeentch does not know where slaanesh is kept. Going by the short story of course hence why I believe the grand spell he is weaving is to reveal the location.

All the followers congregating there does not mean he is there and judging by the fluff, both Malerion and Teclis are capable of blocking divine omniscience, as they collaborated on blocking the knowledge of Chaos on Azyr for Sigmar and Hysh is also "unscryable", and they can protect other Realms than their home, as again seen with Azyr.

I am not saying Slaanesh is not in Uglu, but there seems to be no conclusive confirmation of Slaanesh being there, only indicators.

17 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

The DoT book mentions Tzeentch knows what happened however, and may have even assisted/orchestrated it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Tzeentch did orchestrate it he did it in order to break the aelf gods from the pantheon. I recommend for people to read the slaanesh short story godless.

4 hours ago, shinros said:

I was one of the authors of the Tome of Excess for FFG. We had a writing brief that made a big point of this.  We were told that sexytime was only a slice of the whole, and that we should include much, much more than just that when describing Slaanesh and his/her predalictions. 

Since FFG was taking their direction from GW, it's safe to say that whatever GW had in mind for this will go far beyond just T&A.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

I was one of the authors of the Tome of Excess for FFG. We had a writing brief that made a big point of this.  We were told that sexytime was only a slice of the whole, and that we should include much, much more than just that when describing Slaanesh and his/her predalictions. 

Since FFG was taking their direction from GW, it's safe to say that whatever GW had in mind for this will go far beyond just T&A.

Why not focus on the excess? A 7 deadly sins approach for units. 7 archetypes.

Lust, well that's the traditional format.

Gluttony - Big Fat Aelves

Greed - a kind of madness for trinkets and gold.

Sloth - how would sloth work at all (unless it's an actual REALM SLOTH)?

Wrath - too Khornate?

Envy - Steal all the enemy unit's stuff

Pride - Most Aelves no doubt.

Annnd there are more than a few loopholes in that approach.

Could be interesting though.

7 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

That was one of my favourite tomes problem is the group I was in kept going for the sex angle and assumed my character was the same.

I am fine with Slaaneshh aelves worshippers but I don't think Malerion will be one of them. Idea of Shadowking that I like is very Eldar-alike they would be against Chaos but they will have own agenda. Both Shard and Saih from Silver Tower are able to sacrifice anything to accomplish goals. That's better that straight-up evil Dark Elves. 

So I guess we will get two Elves factions (Shadowkin and Light Elves) in GA Order (and maybe even some shared battalions as Tyrion and Malerion were/are working together to save their people and Teclis was working with Malekith even before that) and my wild guess is that Slaasnesh elves will be subfaction in Disciples of Slaasnesh Battletome like Tzaangors are in DoT ( 2-3 units + 2 characters one being Morathi I guess) 

That's nice summer release idea :

- Shadowkin and Light elves Battletome (or even one big Tzeentch alike Aelves Battletome as those Elves that Tyrion and Malerion went after will probably worshipp both them as gods) problem is how many big kits they want to push I guess Malerion and Tyrion/Teclic ( twins could be one kit I guess as Tyrion is using Teclis eyes to see) would be big Alarielle,Nagash alike kits 

- Disciples of Slaanesh Battletome with Elves worhshippers)

53 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Why not focus on the excess? A 7 deadly sins approach for units. 7 archetypes.

Lust, well that's the traditional format.

Gluttony - Big Fat Aelves

Greed - a kind of madness for trinkets and gold.

Sloth - how would sloth work at all (unless it's an actual REALM SLOTH)?

Wrath - too Khornate?

Envy - Steal all the enemy unit's stuff

Pride - Most Aelves no doubt.

Annnd there are more than a few loopholes in that approach.

Could be interesting though.

Thats an interesting idea heres my take:

Lust: could refer to sexual or just an overwhelming desire for something (Cake!!)

Gluttony:

Greed: Desire fr excess (one of Slaanesh's core ideals) not to be confused with the lust or envy. But simply an unending desire to experience or posses more than one has.

Sloth: Sloth is laziness. so perhaps the wish to have something for nothing.

Wrath: Again its an excess. A desire for vegeance or death over bloodlust for the sake of bloodlust.

Envy: What you said

Pride: What you said.

However most of those interlink in someways so i dont know if you would be able to focus a unit on each one but instead combine them in different ways.

One way would be a daemon (like a horror) that shows chracteristics of each (Kind of like the daemons from Devil may cry 3)

In many ways it is the same as what Slaanash already does but with more of a theme. Slaanesh's 7 commandments.

You could even have it as a battle trait like Tzeentch's destiny dice.

You could perform various acts during the battle that represent the pursuits of one of the sins of excess which results in a buff for your army.

E.g. Sloth: Any units in your army that dont move this turn gain X. or Wrath: choose a unit at the start of the game if you destroy it you gain X of something like that.

36 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I am fine with Slaaneshh aelves worshippers but I don't think Malerion will be one of them. Idea of Shadowking that I like is very Eldar-alike they would be against Chaos but they will have own agenda. Both Shard and Saih from Silver Tower are able to sacrifice anything to accomplish goals. That's better that straight-up evil Dark Elves. 

So I guess we will get two Elves factions (Shadowkin and Light Elves) in GA Order (and maybe even some shared battalions as Tyrion and Malerion were/are working together to save their people and Teclis was working with Malekith even before that) and my wild guess is that Slaasnesh elves will be subfaction in Disciples of Slaasnesh Battletome like Tzaangors are in DoT ( 2-3 units + 2 characters one being Morathi I guess) 

That's nice summer release idea :

- Shadowkin and Light elves Battletome (or even one big Tzeentch alike Aelves Battletome as those Elves that Tyrion and Malerion went after will probably worshipp both them as gods) problem is how many big kits they want to push I guess Malerion and Tyrion/Teclic ( twins could be one kit I guess as Tyrion is using Teclis eyes to see) would be big Alarielle,Nagash alike kits 

- Disciples of Slaanesh Battletome with Elves worhshippers)

Im hoping much the same.

Karic acolytes = Mortals of Excess

Tzaangors = Elite Elfkin units

Daemons = Daemons(But new daemons!)

Edited by KHHaunts
  • Like 1