The Rumour Thread

Based on the pattern of announcements I'd wager mawtribes are either tacking on the end of the major releases (Bonereapers or Sisters of Battle) or are appearing right at the start of December. I don't foresee them appearing this month.

All we know is that at least 2 weeks of October and 2 weeks of November will be taken up with big army releases. Along the way we've also got the new Underworlds release coming up. 

I’m actually surprised slash worried by Nagash being in a Ossiarch army by default with Arkhan (and Morghasts).

This has huge implications on the future of Legions: while before I was thinking every new release would replace and add to Legions, now it seems more likely Legions was a placeholder and potentially “soon” to disappear army. Where soon is debatable. But removing models to add to other factions doesn’t match with the previous Nighthaunt behaviour. Weird and I guess only the full release will solve this mystery.

On the quality of the new army nothing to add that was not already said. Love them and now need to budget to include them in my Christmas presents list.

If GW gives the vampiress of death a full updated battletome of their own and new models then what might happen is Legions of Nagash could fragment into simply Grand Alliance Nagash (which it sort of basically is right now until Bonereapers comes out). It would be a bit of a blow to legions fans, but also opens up a lot of options for more things for them to take. 

Legions is a bit of a messy catch-all at present with bits of each of the current other death armies in there. Fragmentation could happen. 

24 minutes ago, Overread said:

If GW gives the vampiress of death a full updated battletome of their own and new models then what might happen is Legions of Nagash could fragment into simply Grand Alliance Nagash (which it sort of basically is right now until Bonereapers comes out). It would be a bit of a blow to legions fans, but also opens up a lot of options for more things for them to take. 

Legions is a bit of a messy catch-all at present with bits of each of the current other death armies in there. Fragmentation could happen. 

GA Nagash would leave FEC homeless. Keywording could suffice in an updated LoN book that states something akin to „Any model with the keyword [Servant of Nagash] (or whatever else they choose) can be part of this army as a regular non-ally troop choice.“

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

I’m actually surprised slash worried by Nagash being in a Ossiarch army by default with Arkhan (and Morghasts).

This has huge implications on the future of Legions: while before I was thinking every new release would replace and add to Legions, now it seems more likely Legions was a placeholder and potentially “soon” to disappear army. Where soon is debatable. But removing models to add to other factions doesn’t match with the previous Nighthaunt behaviour. Weird and I guess only the full release will solve this mystery.

On the quality of the new army nothing to add that was not already said. Love them and now need to budget to include them in my Christmas presents list.

I was actually thinking a long the same lines upon this reveal. I wonder if the Legions was just a big placeholder, as it was pretty much Death while over the course of the years the Death Factions get fleshed out more.

I would actually end up preferring this, as I have waxed poetic a few times on how difficult it is to balance Nighthaunt, since you are in a sense balancing 3 different armies, and the main Nighthaunt book gets the shaft.  

If this is the case then we could look forward to book that would be Vampire and Necromancer focused.

This is all pure speculation, but I was thinking along similar lines. 

I'd love a fleshed out vampire necromancy Battletome. I've long felt that Vampires need GW's love and attention in such a form. Getting a few new big hero models in plastic; updating the old skeletons and zombies etc.... With the field now clear and Bonereapers being very much their own thing, it leaves the vampires free to raise armies of the living, the decaying and the bony! 

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see the Death GA expanded and certain themes expanded but if Bonereapers replace in all but name Deathrattle and Nagash and others migrate to other armies, players of LoN will be left with old model soon to be discontinued and high risk of the entire army to be abandoned. 

I hope I’m wrong and they will allow a more generic approach LoN style, maybe revised but not force Death players to buy a new army every 2 years... I love GW but that is just too much...

43 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

It's early days since we don't have a bigger picture but I'm calling it,this rumour engine is the tails of this heroes mount just stuck together in a different configuration.

rumour_engine.jpg.20dce804d5302c12f4c92307b5f0d86c.jpgrgjig3rvq0u21.jpg.f769ee0ff01a9e170a8fd344042b6818.jpg

That thing looks pretty cool .

Have we already seen the thing riding the walking chair in the top right?

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Don’t get me wrong I would love to see the Death GA expanded and certain themes expanded but if Bonereapers replace in all but name Deathrattle and Nagash and others migrate to other armies, players of LoN will be left with old model soon to be discontinued and high risk of the entire army to be abandoned. 

I hope I’m wrong and they will allow a more generic approach LoN style, maybe revised but not force Death players to buy a new army every 2 years... I love GW but that is just too much...

In my opinion, the existence of the very modern-looking and classically Vampiric Coven Throne/Bloodseeker Palanquin and Neferata (and Mannfred?) mean that Vampires/Soulblight will remain.

To be honest, new foot Vampire Lord, Blood Knights and Fell Bats - with Bat Swarms as one of the Endless Spells, obviously - and they are home and dry when you include the existing above-mentioned kits, VLoZD and Vargheists.

I'd prefer them to be an elite all Vampire/bat army, rather than the "Vampires leading other stuff" army of old. It's more visually cohesive, and tighter thematically.

Edited by Kyriakin

16 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

In my opinion, the existence of the very modern-looking and classically Vampiric Coven Throne/Bloodseeker Palanquin and Neferata (and Mannfred?) mean that Vampires/Soulblight will remain.

To be honest, new foot Vampire Lord, Blood Knights and Fell Bats - with Bat Swarms as one of the Endless Spells, obviously - and they are home and dry when you include the existing above-mentioned kits, VLoZD and Vargheists.

I'd prefer them to be an elite all Vampire/bat army, rather than the "Vampires leading other stuff" army of old. It's more visually cohesive, and tighter thematically.

I think something Blood focused would be the way to go. Blood endless Spells, Crimsion Knights, and mechanics revolving around lifestealing would be really cool, I think, as well as maybe a t heme of darkness and night.  Could Incorporate Nightmares and other style Night horrors. 

In tradtional GW naming, we could call this the Sanguinic Blood Nox Tribunal 

Vampires need some fresh blood in them. Right now Daughters of Khaine and Flesheaters are appearing far more bloody than the classic vampires! They are getting old and aged and dusty - they need some fresh rivers of blood flowing! Some excess of their feeding frenzy to let loose upon the battlefield. To become those dark monsters of the night leading armies which strike fear into the hearts of even the most murderous aelf or the most hungry ghoul. 

• Like 1

What I find a bit annoying is that GW seems to invent a first word that's totally new that you can't remember and then a second part of the name that uses regular words and is easily memorable. Overlords, Bonereapers, Deepkin, etc... Whilst the first part is often darned annoying to remember let alone try and spell! 

I miss the days of Tyranids, Orks and Eldar - simple names, but also ones that you used so often that you did remember them! 

Also I keep wanting to call them The Tithe; the Bonereaper Legions; the Legions etc.... I can never remember Ossiarch! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Overread said:

What I find a bit annoying is that GW seems to invent a first word that's totally new that you can't remember and then a second part of the name that uses regular words and is easily memorable. Overlords, Bonereapers, Deepkin, etc... Whilst the first part is often darned annoying to remember let alone try and spell! 

I miss the days of Tyranids, Orks and Eldar - simple names, but also ones that you used so often that you did remember them! 

Also I keep wanting to call them The Tithe; the Bonereaper Legions; the Legions etc.... I can never remember Ossiarch! 

You might want to look up the word Ossuary.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

When Google rules, you can't avoid the brainstorming to find some new unique words.

I also miss those old days with eldars orks tyranids & co. 

But, hey, if you google "space bugs" you won't get tyranids, nore superbs sci fi sculpts, you get this:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "space bugs"

Is that the front or the back?

• Haha 2

It's a Tardigrade and basically one of the toughest species on the planet in terms of how well it can survive. That would be the front end of it - it appears under spacebugs because one  of the newspapers showed that photo in connection with one of those "life might have come from space" articles.

since we are already offtopic. Thats the front and its called a Tardigrade. Israel populated the moon with them by accident just the other day. They are also featured in Star Trek: Discovery Season 1. Thats why they probably go by the name space bugs by now.

edit: too late

On topic, any chance the kurnothi are part of the cities of sigmar, or they too uncivilised?

Edited by Thalandor