The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, CitizenX said:

Maybe, but I've gotten the impression that Psychic Awaken was further out (but then again I don't pay TOO much attention to 40k).  Releasing the Battletomes first would then let them alternate between major releases for mainline AoS and 40k. (Battletomes, Awakening, Ossiarch, Sisters). 

They’re starting reveals, articles etc from Psychic Awakening from Monday (with a specific webpage for it being up already), so it’s probably not too far out from the first release. I do think we’ll get AoS first. Beastgrave is the 21st preorder, so that leaves next weekend, which could be one or both of the new battletomes, then Beastgrave, then a couple of weeks of 40k then the Ossiarch. 

image.png.89d51382313a9e44a85528144409c8b5.png

I guess dealing with leaked pictures isn't as bad as some of the mods here make it out to be.

GW seem to deal with it in a professional manner. They are not delusional believing if a picture leaked out,

the information will disappear by removing it. At this point everyone is informed anyways

Great Job GW and your media team.

And Kudos to whoever leaked that stuff

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So the units roster for the Ossiarch Bonereapers seems to be : 

- Nagash

- Katakros

- Arkhan the Black

- Tithe Herald (walking tomb)

- "Bone-Slann" (right of the group pic from WarCom)

- "Bone-Lord Celestant" (mounted guy, left from the group pic)

- Mortisian "Boneshaper" (from today's leak)

- Mortisian "Soulreaper" (already seen)

- Morghast Habringers and Archai

- Mortek Guard

- Kavalos Deathriders

- Immortis Guard, and Necropolis Stalkers (dual kit)

- Gothizzar Harvesters (bone-dreadnought with several head and weapon options)

- Mortek Crawler (catapult)

Thats at least 16 warscrolls here.... GREAT ☠️☠️☠️

Plus the scenery "Tithe Nexus", and maybe the Skull Castle walls and gate we've already seen...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

So the units roster for the Ossiarch Bonereapers seems to be : 

- Nagash

- Katakros

- Arkhan the Black

- Tithe Herald (walking tomb)

- "Bone-Slann" (right of the group pic from WarCom)

- "Bone-Lord Celestant" (mounted guy, left from the group pic)

- Mortisian "Boneshaper" (from today's leak)

- Mortisian "Soulreaper" (already seen)

- Morghast Habringers and Archai

- Mortek Guard

- Kavalos Deathriders

- Immortis Guard, and Necropolis Stalkers (dual kit)

- Gothizzar Harvesters (bone-dreadnought with several head and weapon options)

- Mortek Crawler (catapult)

Thats at least 16 warscrolls here.... GREAT ☠️☠️☠️

Plus the scenery "Tithe Nexus", and maybe the Skull Castle walls and gate we've already seen...

And the Scythe Priest thing. 

Edit: just seen it in your list!

Edited by Still-young

MY GODS I want them even more!

The harvesting unit has a little face and arms on the ahem groin region and more small arms on it! Freakish and yet functional! It also appears to be able to replace and produce more warriors! 

Also the mounted guy in the scenic photo on the left hand side - that is a freaking awesome looking model! Looks very much like a dracoline type shape but with more tails and made of bone! 

In the background we can see what looks like more warriors on the battlements - hard to tell what they are. There's also what looks like a morghast along with Nagash (I'm guessing the winged thing to the left of Nagash is a morgahst). Then there's some priest or great warrior to the right on a chair with legs. Either a powerful mage like the Slaan are carried into battle or its some extreme ninja style warrior resting and waiting for one to challenge them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Great job with Bonereapers. Now just waiting for a larger box. I don't like starting an army outside of start collecting, battleforce or dual boxes. 

You might have a very long wait sadly. GW didn't release the start collecting for Idoneth for ages and Daughters of Khaine don't even have one - though they did get a Christmas Box.

If anything I'd be torn on a Bonereapers christmas box - its the kind of thing that might or might not appear (you can never be certain) but you can be certain I'd likely have caved and bought a good chunk before it appears anyway (knowing my luck GW will release a Slaanesh and a Bonereapers Christmas box this year just to torment me). 

But in general Christmas boxes are really hard to predict since not all armies get one and some are left out. It's also near impossible to guess what might be inside them.

Also interesting observation

In this photo the birds near the bottom appear to be free standing on their own bases not part of the models. Could be that they are simply a stylish bit of creativity; or perhaps a murder of crows/birds is part of the force. I also love the harvester having an argument with a bird on its back. 

Interesting that we see terrain but no Endless Spells yet, though there's still a chance that there's more in the book. There's at least one new model (The chair) on the photo that we didn't quite spot in the low res leaks; and the low res leaks did show us one more leader model that is upcoming that GW haven't shown here. Bonereapers are getting a REALLY good and diverse release! 

This could very, very easily be a multi-thousand dollar army purchase for me. Not exaggerating.

When the Tomb Kings* went up for preorder, I ordered 3 of each kit, minimum, sight unseen.

I can see myself getting 4+ of the bone dreadnought. 

Wow.

*I'm not in any way implying these are TK. I'm just referencing a previous large undead preorder.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

So many freakishly awesome bits for these kits. 

And also giving those new pics, I should think that the death fort/wall or whats not is confirmed by now. These wall pieces are way to similar to be custom made. I think it’s more like a single wall or gate piece that fits together with the next. Making a living wall of some sort.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

You might have a very long wait sadly. 

To be honest I'm ok with that. I'm the kind of prrson that buys a lot of in advance whenever I see something interesting and discounted. I still have more or less 2k points of unopened boxes of Kharadron Overlords, Idoneth Deepkin and Gloomspite Gitz each. It goes even worse with video games. Since I can only spend time on my hobbies between 8 pm and 10 pm few days a week it takes many months to finish painting an army. 

Bonereapers are too fresh for Battleforce imo. If I were to guess - Nurgle, Nighthaunt, Slaanesh and Gloomspite have the highest chances this year.