The Rumour Thread

But what about the hard work the boffins in the Leaks Department have been putting into providing us with those high quality blurry leaked photos!? 

A shame that others won't get to see them (I honestly still dont' get the no posting leak photos rule); however a visual description for those who have yet to see them:

1) There appears to be a massive bone construct monster. This is a it more mish-mash in overall appearance than some of the Reaper models we've seen thus far. It's still got that constructed appearance that is universal to the Reapers, but its far more ornate and there's a lot going on. It has a very "warmachine warjack" style to it as well; which means that its got a smaller leg base with a very large upper body. A huge tail and it has a large hook sythe blade on one arm. It also appears that much of its back is a storage space for bodies. So its likely a large harvesting based model - reaping in the bodies from the battlefield to be carried back to be rebuild.

2) There's a bit of a photo of the back end, hoof and three bone tails (looks to be the tendril bone bits we've got in the preview sneak photos from GW). That's likely the mounted lord noted above by another user.

3) The duel armed skeletons are shown holding a duel handed axe and a shield. They also have a single head in those pictures, not the 4 heads in one variation that we see on the sword previews. 

4) There is a really freaking cool looking model (hero/leader/mage) who looks like they are magically putting together a Reaper Warrior whilst standing on a huge fallen skull. Seriously its only a weak image of it but it looks really neat! I figure they don't build on the battlefield, but this is likely a support character designed to rebuild legions in the battlefield. Take that Stormcast - on the battlefield rebuilding! 

5) There's a blurry picture of something ghosty zoomed in on - hard to tell, but I think its a ghosty we've not seen before, but it could be. Note that on the back page shown of the book there appears to be one of the regular Mortarchs (people think its Arkhan) and the ghost could be off the base of that model. 

6) There is a panel bit of art on the side of a page showing a SUPER COOL HOPE WE GET IT bone dragon/air unit which has a long spike like snout. That said its 100% skeleton not a build construct so it might just be background designs for the realm of death - and if it did appear it might not be a Reaper model. It could also just be a creative artistic take on the zombie dragon. Whatever it is it just looks great and I really hope we get it as a model one day

7) The Bone Nexus is shown with much of its blurry page as the terrain feature. It appears to be much like the Fane of Slaanesh -  though in this case its an ornate pillar topped with skulls with offerings of the Tithe at the bottom. Chests and a lot of skulls piled up. 

😎 On a page showing troops and such we see the double handed sword warrior we've seen before from the warrior kit. Still no confirmation if its a leader/one off addition to the unit or another troop form.

And that's mostly what I can see in the pictures. 

Overall GW has held back a neat amount from the preview; way more and this firmly shows that it will at the very least be a 2 week release for the Reapers. That said what is very interesting is that the book isn't showing off alternate forms for some of the big models. I wonder if GW is turning a corner and going back to more models instead of combined kits. Then again I stress that we only get a blurry series of photos, many of which don't even show a full page. So there is much omitted from what we see. 
Note that there's nothing showing the bone fortress that people have been wondering if it would appear as a terrain product. I'm still of the mind that whilst it appears in the videos, its still a terrain feature made to display them rather than on the table terrain, but I'm very happy to be proven wrong. 

As for the leak pushing the release, that is VERY unlikely. The leak might push a few early articles from GW, but they are very unlikely to shift around a massive distribution of stock and products because of a few leaks. Remember the Fiends got leaked months before they ever appeared as models and all GW did was give us an amusing video showing off the new fiends. 

And yes this leak shows that stock is already heading out. If we expect an October release then that makes sense that GW is already shipping stock, likely into distributor hands which will then filter down to local stores and retailers over the coming weeks. Being such a large scale release that means more stock and more people involved which means far more chance of leaks.

Edited by Overread
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

And Done! Grabbed the hardback of the Transcript of the Gotrek Realmslayer Audiobook! Mostly because it also comes with loads of the behind the scenes stuff and 30 pages of art! I didn't grab Gotrek though, I've enough backlog and he's looking to be a long term model in plastic so I'm not as pressured to grab him right now (that said I've got a nice little army of Murder Aelves to put him in one day - I'm sure he'll be totally grumpy about that ;) ).  

Also annoyingly GW doesn't let you use physical vouchers on their store otherwise this would have cost me nothing!! Gah I'll have to get to a store sometime to spend that voucher.

Overall today is a good GOTREK DAY! 
And Bonereaper previews are great too! 

4 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

You can talk about it but no pictures. I just tidied up a couple of the comments around them which had links or became very disjointed. 

I’ll keep in mind some of the comments you are making and be more careful in the future around tidying some stuff up. We want you to talk about stuff, just no bad pictures 😉

My tantrum was met with well a well measured and resonable response. . . . .

Im not show how to respond 🙄

I think i see new ogor models as the opponents in one of the pics. I believe GW only puts released models in their books, which would suggest mawtribes will be out before ossiarchs! Which i also would interpret as ossiarchs probably going up for preorder in the back end of october, a bit likes the orks did last orktober 😁

At this pace, I wouldn't be surprised if Bonereapers came out before Cities and Warclans.

As for the leaks: here's what I've managed to make out (the leak is in spanish, of which I'm a native speaker, and the photos are pretty clear

Zandtos (a named hero): 

He has a weapon with 2 damage on the charge, and two command abilities:

The first one is used in the shooting or combat phase and gives a bonereaper unit wholly within 12" +1 to attack characteristic

The second one gives a "MORTIS PRAETORIAN" (I'm guessing a subfaction keyword) wholly within 24" reroll 1s to wound againt order or destruction or reroll all wounds against chaos

The scenery piece seems to have multiple prayer like abilities. part of the warscroll is obscured so we can't tell yet if it's choose one per turn or all of them:

Curse of Pain: Select a unit within 18", on 4+ -1 to hit with all attacks.

Curse of Death: Select a unit within 36", on 2+ 1 mortal wound.

Curse of Ignorance: Select Wizard within 36", on 2+ -1 to casting, unbinding and dispelling.

Curse of Lethargy: Select unit within 18", on 4+ unit cannot run and charges 1d6 instead of 2d6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

I think i see new ogor models as the opponents in one of the pics. I believe GW only puts released models in their books, which would suggest mawtribes will be out before ossiarchs! Which i also would interpret as ossiarchs probably going up for preorder in the back end of october, a bit likes the orks did last orktober 😁

Those are just old, regular Ogors I'm afraid.  The weapons and poses are exactly the same, 

47 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

At this pace, I wouldn't be surprised if Bonereapers came out before Cities and Warclans.

As for the leaks: here's what I've managed to make out (the leak is in spanish, of which I'm a native speaker, and the photos are pretty clear

Zandtos (a named hero): 

The first one is used in the shooting or combat phase and gives a bonereaper unit wholly within 12" +1 to attack characteristic

The second one gives a "MORTIS PRAETORIAN" (I'm guessing a subfaction keyword) wholly within 24" reroll 1s to wound againt order or destruction or reroll all wounds against chaos

The scenery piece seems to have multiple prayer like abilities. part of the warscroll is obscured so we can't tell yet if it's choose one per turn or all of them:

Curse of Ignorance: Select Wizard within 36", on 2+ -1 to casting, unbinding and dispelling.

Curse of Lethargy: Select unit within 18", on 4+ unit cannot run and charges 1d6 instead of 2d6.

The last one seems made to counter Gotrek

47 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Zandtos (a named hero): 

The last one seems made to counter Gotrek

"You’ll be able to order the first of the Ossiarch Bonereapers from October – Nagash waited for an aeon to unleash his creations, but you only have to wait a couple of months. Can’t wait for more goodness from the Mortal Realms? Don’t fret – before these guys arrive, both Order and Destruction aficionados will have a chance to bolster their defences with new battletomes coming in the next few weeks."

This quote is interesting for those waiting for CoS and the Orruks book. Pre-order next week perhaps?

• LOVE IT! 2

1 minute ago, CitizenX said:

"You’ll be able to order the first of the Ossiarch Bonereapers from October – Nagash waited for an aeon to unleash his creations, but you only have to wait a couple of months. Can’t wait for more goodness from the Mortal Realms? Don’t fret – before these guys arrive, both Order and Destruction aficionados will have a chance to bolster their defences with new battletomes coming in the next few weeks."

This quote is interesting for those waiting for CoS and the Orruks book. Pre-order next week perhaps?

Nah, I read it as "cos and orruks are NOT coming next week (gotta release that 40k psychic expansion first y'know) but maybe week or two after that". I hope I'm wrong though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, michu said:

Ok, we have full reveal now

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/07/a-bone-to-pickgw-homepage-post-2/

EDIT: ninja'd. But the article says that Cos And Orruk will come within next weeks before Ossiarch Bonereapers

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but can't the use of "battletomes" mean that Mawtribes are also coming soon?

1 minute ago, angrycontra said:

Nah, I read it as "cos and orruks are NOT coming next week (gotta release that 40k psychic expansion first y'know) but maybe week or two after that". I hope I'm wrong though.

Maybe, but I've gotten the impression that Psychic Awaken was further out (but then again I don't pay TOO much attention to 40k).  Releasing the Battletomes first would then let them alternate between major releases for mainline AoS and 40k. (Battletomes, Awakening, Ossiarch, Sisters).