The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Austin said:

No I didn't see an image except an extremely blurry one on the back of the book itself, which was either Arkhan or a mounted hero.  No way to tell which it was.

edit

But, I should add the leaks had a warscroll for him, so he IS included.

Let‘s just hope he is not that mounted model since that would be a wasted opportunity for a new generic hero (we really don‘t need Arkhan x2)

A Disciple of Arkhan would be cool though!

Edited by JackStreicher

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Well, "later this year" was within two weeks for the culling. So, it could be ratger soon.

I think they chose 'later this year' in order to not give it away, because they can't announce it via an after article comment so casually. It's deliberately ambiguous so that no matter when it's announced, they weren't lying. I expect it this Sunday.

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Comments about the leaked images aren’t allowed now even without quoted picture?

Im hoping the leaks don’t force Cities to be delayed any further..

Problem is that people are commenting on pictures which aren’t great quality. This is why some comments have been removed as you could be saying something around a picture that’s really bad and then when the official one appears, you change your mind. 

I would say if these leaks are happening the release will be soon, as it means stock is being shipped out ready to go to stores. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Problem is that people are commenting on pictures which aren’t great quality. This is why some comments have been removed as you could be saying something around a picture that’s really bad and then when the official one appears, you change your mind. 

I would say if these leaks are happening the release will be soon, as it means stock is being shipped out ready to go to stores. 

But if I’m saying I like it and it’s blurry or making a visual assessment that is clear despite the picture why that comment censored? I mean ones judgement of what’s considered bad is different form another's. As the dude would say, “that’s like your opinion, man”.

but the pictures really aren’t that bad, certainly not enough to remove comments because the images to you are below your standard worthy of comments. It’s simply, weird. Feels like I can’t have my own judgement or thoughts on something, even if it’s a picture of the lockness monster.

total buzz-killington on the excitement (removal of images and link I understand), due to censoring of comments about said “poor quality” pictures where within the next day or so said comments will still be valid about the images because personal taste and opinions are to each their own.

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Wait, this is bad? The kind of discussion which needs to be removed?

19 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Obviously you guys make the rules. But isent it kind weird that people cant post comments on rumors on a rumors thread. Surely its part of the excitment to speculate.

If we only go for what GW give us such as the "rumor" engine then perhaps the thread should.be named Tease/preview discussion.

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

But if I’m saying I like it and it’s blurry or making a visual assessment that is clear despite the picture why that comment censored? I mean ones judgement of what’s considered bad is different form another's. As the dude would say, “that’s like your opinion, man”.

but the pictures really aren’t that bad, certainly not enough to remove comments because the images to you are below your standard worthy of comments. It’s simply, weird. Feels like I can’t have my own judgement or thoughts on something, even if it’s a picture of the lockness monster.

Also if you were to say its bad and the picture quality isent great then someone will poi tout this fact.

Plus i was under the impression that sayi g that i dont like something isent frowned upon. Its those people that a needlessly argumentative and try and force their point that need censoring.

I finally got excited foe this threads first ACTUAL rumor in ages and we cant talk about it?

• Like 1

Well for those late to the party and want some bonereapers rumors i heard a "rumor" that a friend of a friend saw so e pictures of some other bonereapers units including:

Some new hero models

A stalker(four armed dudes) with shields

And a monster with a cage of bones on its back kinda like a undead khorgorath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KHHaunts said:

Well for those late to the party and want some bonereapers rumors i heard a "rumor" that a friend of a friend saw so e pictures of some other bonereapers units including:

Some new hero models

A stalker(four armed dudes) with shields

And a monster with a cage of bones on its back kinda like a undead khorgorath.

I’m afraid your thoughts and opinions of said “rumor” are not worthy and must wait until official GW news.

they sound great though, shame there aren’t any decent pictures floating around

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

total buzz-killington on the excitement (removal of images and link I understand), due to censoring of comments about said “poor quality” pictures where within the next day or so said comments will still be valid about the images because personal taste and opinions are to each their own.

And like I said- ironically I am way more hyped now about this release because of the potato pics than I was with the official GW announcement.

• LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

I finally got excited foe this threads first ACTUAL rumor in ages and we cant talk about it?

You can talk about it but no pictures. I just tidied up a couple of the comments around them which had links or became very disjointed. 

I’ll keep in mind some of the comments you are making and be more careful in the future around tidying some stuff up. We want you to talk about stuff, just no bad pictures 😉

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

You can talk about it but no pictures. I just tidied up a couple of the comments around them which had links or became very disjointed. 

I’ll keep in mind some of the comments you are making and be more careful in the future around tidying some stuff up. We want you to talk about stuff, just no bad pictures 😉

I guess I’ll take it as an apology as long as my future opinions on things aren’t considered disjointed regarding opinion on “questionable and clarity of pictures” 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kelsicle said:

So what do these kind of leaks generally mean in terms of release? Are we close looking at early October or is it still up in the air?

Did we have anything like this ahead of Idoneth/Gloomspite? I wasn’t around at the time 

Idoneth not that I recall.  That release was pretty well buttoned up.

Gloomspite was pretty quick preview to release.  But, there was a leak that led to a bunch of additional models being shown early.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Let‘s just hope he is not that mounted model since that would be a wasted opportunity for a new generic hero (we really don‘t need Arkhan x2)

A Disciple of Arkhan would be cool though!

I just looked at the pic of the back of the book again- I am 90 percent certain I see the old Arkhan model on the left side, meaning the mounted model on the right is a new hero.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Austin said:

I just looked at the pic of the back of the book again- I am 90 percent certain I see the old Arkhan model on the left side, meaning the mounted model on the right is a new hero.

One of the warscrolls is called „[...]ch-Kavalos Zandtos“. Assuming „[...]ch“ stems from „Arch“, the mounted hero inevitably is the commander of the Kavalos Deathriders.