The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, michu said:

Freeguild General is still available (two-handed wepaon one).

The Empire Captain is the poorest excuse of a General they could have chosen.

He's not doing anything a General should be doing. Not leading, strategizing, communicating with other divisions, or other sensible stuff.

He's attacking, with a melee weapon, without a shield.

Every Greatsworder is a better General than the Empire Captain. The sergeants of the guards are better Generals than the Empire captain if outfitted correctly. The Steam Tank captain is a better General, even the Sharpshooter has the sense not to want to be in melee.

Edited by zilberfrid

Hey people in the UK?! Who has seen or heard about the Mortal Realms subscription service they have started testing over the pond. Want to see what people are thinking of it, it'll be a long time before it's down in Australia but I wanted to find out what others knew.

logo-warhammer.png

3 minutes ago, Jipaah said:

Hey people in the UK?! Who has seen or heard about the Mortal Realms subscription service they have started testing over the pond. Want to see what people are thinking of it, it'll be a long time before it's down in Australia but I wanted to find out what others knew.

logo-warhammer.png

We discussed here few pages and many complains back. Depends on if you have those miniatures or need few more or not. The 40k service came out with around 40% discount that is a good service if you needed or were interested in those things.

I subscribed in the hope to get good new scenery and few more models for my Nighthaunt army, maybe some contrast paints. If I don’t like it I’ll stop but the first 7 releases are good (5th is free, 1st and 2nd discounted) and that covers 2 months (they start delivery within the next 28 days).

Edited by alghero81

I'm tempted by it but it works out at around £30 each month. Now granted you get 4 issues for that and a good chunk of models so its a good deal; but in the end I just feel like that's a bit too much disposable income for me at present to whisk away on two armies I don't "really" want. Esp since for just shy of 2 months subscription I can pick up a Warcry box of terrain features. 

I think for beginners, for those new to the hobby and for those who want stormcast and/or nighthaunt armies its a great deal and worth looking into! 

Edited by Overread

A load of shadpsire warbands just went off sale on the GW store en-mass. 

This bodes badly for Underworlds if GW isn't re-releasing them in some form since surely part of the attraction was getting the warband for "your army". It also bodes bad for Battletomes because it suggests that next weeks pre-order hint might well be the new Shadspire launch. 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

A load of shadpsire warbands just went off sale on the GW store en-mass. 

This bodes badly for Underworlds if GW isn't re-releasing them in some form since surely part of the attraction was getting the warband for "your army". It also bodes bad for Battletomes because it suggests that next weeks pre-order hint might well be the new Shadspire launch. 

I'd imagine Beastgrave went on preorder on the 21st, along with it's tie-in novel.

BLComingSoon-Beastgrave_HB-665x333.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, michu said:

@Overread You can still buy them, just without WHU content.

Aye but you can't use them in WHU without the cards for the units at least. 

It makes me think that GW might be launching a combined card pack; a single purchase that has all the cards in one box (including the character cards for the units). That would be a smart move as it also cleans up the whole "gotta get em all" issue because of how GW put universal cards into specific character packs. 

I can see them rotation the core cards but not the warbands. MTG can get away rotating a lot of its cards because in the end when you buy a card its ready to use. For Underworlds those models require prep and painting. Furthermore GW can expect a Skaven player to buy the Skaven Underworld models and possibly only those models. So it wouldn't make sense to retire whole races from the game. The only faction that could do that is stormcast becaue they've had several releases - all the others have only one (save I think Khorne got two? )

19 minutes ago, Aipaca said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/02/tales-of-forbidden-power-blood-tendergw-homepage-post-4/

New story on community website features a Firebelly, maybe their days aren't as numbered as was generally thought?

Edit: And maneaters!

See now the fact that it's just maneaters and firebelly is curious. I'd like to take it as reassurance that they're staying but then as part of Forbidden Power this feels more closely tied to the mercenary company in the GHB.

It is probably the longest and most consistent bit of fiction featuring ogres and especially ogre dialogue that AoS has seen so far.

Edited by sandlemad

8 minutes ago, michu said:

No, I thinks it's rather a rotation like in MtG. With Beastgrave we would have, like, 24 warbands? WHU got a little too big for beginner lately.

Yeah, I remember seeing a random rumor in the last few weeks that GW was getting ready to axe the first season warbands.

It makes a certain amount of sense, not just because of  bloat but also option/power creep and the constraints of trying to continually refresh and innovate the game while also trying to keep first iteration warbands competitive.

At a certain point the oldest warbands either need a complete refresh (which would require new cards at minimum) or retirement. I don't think it was a huge problem in season 2, but Beastgrave may be another big jump in mechanics.

Edited by madmac

This is clearly tied to the mercenaries in Forbidden Powers - which is shaky protection as the Dwarves saw with the loss of their Cannon. Although the idea of dwarven Cannon is something that I think we will see again released by GW one day we've no date not expectation of having them come back soon. That is unless GW was repackaging them into a multi-gun box

Quick email update on the Battlemage/Empire Wizard box. The the service rep specifically saying to stay tuned to the community site for rereleased models plus the fact the wizards weren't put on last chance to buy with the other kits axed ahead of Cities of Sigmar could suggest the wizards will be coming back in a new box with the book's release. :) 

nBq0q8l.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

List of confirmed "safe" Cities of Sigmar kits from the Open Day article and photos:

• General/Battlemage on Griffon
  • Freeguild Guard
  • Freeguild Handgunners/Crossbowmen
  • Demigryph Knights
  • Pistoliers/Outriders
  • Steam Tank
  • Lumminark/Hurricanum (components used as scenery)
  • Cogsmith
  • Ironbreakers/Irondrakes
  • Nomad Prince
  • Wild Riders/Sisters of the Thorn
  • Eternal Guard/Wildwood Rangers

Those are all probably safe, but the poisoned wind mortar team in the pictured in my Skaven battletome is telling me not to count on photos or any thing else until I have the book in my hand and see warscrolls and pitchbattle profiles for myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michu said:

@Overread You can still buy them, just without WHU content.

If this portends the removal of season one content from the game, my purchases for Underworlds are done. Full stop. I've purchased quite literally every single product in the line (and in many cases two copies so that my gf and I each had access to the cards for our basement games). To think that a third of it (once season 3 hits) will be dead only about a year after release is awful. I don't buy pricey GW product with the expectation of a 12 month shelf life. I expect many, many years, if not a decade or more, of life. 

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Quick email update on the Battlemage/Empire Wizard box. The the service rep specifically saying to stay tuned to the community site for rereleased models plus the fact the wizards weren't put on last chance to buy with the other kits axed ahead of Cities of Sigmar could suggest the wizards will be coming back in a new box with the book's release. :) 

nBq0q8l.jpg

Good to hear, though it shouldn't really be a surprise considering that unlike all the other kits that went on LCTB, they had already been repackaged for AoS.

My suspicion is that they're being repackaged (again) to remove the points cost from the back of the current box. Can't think of any other current kit  with the same issue. I can see the rationale for why they did this at the time, with that wave of allied detachment boxes, but it was always going to come back and bite them.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1