The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, CDM said:

It was hardly major. Not many units went. Lots of heroes though and a lot those should of stayed .

It was pretty major.  Order Draconis, Eldritch Council, Swifthawk Agents (except shadow warriors), Lion Rangers, Glade Guard, all but 1 wanderer hero, plus a bunch of Free Peoples and Disspossesed.

Pretty much lost 30+ models and A LOT of warscrolls.

• Like 4

Not to mention the Battle Mages suddenly disappearing this week.  A new surge of worry is not what anyone needed this week in the face of continual silence about CoS.

Weirdly, the only foot Wizard left for COS is the Dark Elf Sorceress, and the only other Wizards are the Freeguild Griffon/cart mounted ones, and the Sorceress on Dragon.

Edited by madmac

3 minutes ago, madmac said:

Not to mention the Battle Mages suddenly disappearing this week.  A new surge of worry is not what anyone needed this week in the face of continual silence about CoS.

Weirdly, the only foot Wizard left for COS is the Dark Elf Sorceress, and the only other Wizards are the Freeguild Griffon/cart mounted ones, and the Sorceress on Dragon.

Yep, mages are going the way of the dodo.

They could have kept the Archmage and Loremaster since there isnt a "Dark elf" equivalent and add it to Phoenix Temple (since probably it will get shadow warriors as well).

8 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Yep, mages are going the way of the dodo.

They could have kept the Archmage and Loremaster since there isnt a "Dark elf" equivalent and add it to Phoenix Temple (since probably it will get shadow warriors as well).

That’s sad I didn’t notice the human mages on foot were gone :/ wonder why they got nuked too

26 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

It was pretty major.  Order Draconis, Eldritch Council, Swifthawk Agents (except shadow warriors), Lion Rangers, Glade Guard, all but 1 wanderer hero, plus a bunch of Free Peoples and Disspossesed.

Pretty much lost 30+ models and A LOT of warscrolls.

I was expecting much worse.

Most of them were not plastic or not too scale. Others were not fitting in the setting and others were to streamline. 

This has streamlined the range, i feel wanderers could of had their own book but I understand why they don't, you had to expect this at some one point surely?  Its a real shame not too have these in the game anymore but something had to be done, they couldn't keep them all

Edited by CDM

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

How many kits would you say is major?

As much as the Fyreslayers, DoK and Idoneth together?

Because that is what was cut.

It's isn't the equivalent of getting rid of those new plastic, high selling and world fitting units is it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDM said:

It's isn't the equivalent of getting rid of those new plastic, high selling and world fitting units is it.

World fitting as a matter of perspective.

Newer lines do not have a single design language.

Low sales are easy to get if about 25% is out of stock at all times, and selling is GW webstore only.

Many of the lost kits were plastic, and resin and even metal kits from other factions persist (skaven, fec, chaos).

No matter differences of opinion, it is major, it was 27 sets 28 with the wizards. And the remaining general is worse than the two they cut.

6 minutes ago, CDM said:

I was expecting much worse.

Most of them were not plastic or not too scale. Others were not fitting in the setting and others were to streamline. 

This has streamlined the range, i feel wanderers could of had their own book but I understand why they don't, you had to expect this at some one point surely?  Its a real shame not too have these in the game anymore but something had to be done, they couldn't keep them all

Wanderers could still have their own book in the future related with whatever the Kurnothi guy coming for Beastgrave, 

these two soup BT coming out I feel are just stopgate battletomes for future release especially if they don't come out with Endless spells and terrain

• Like 1

Yeah, Monsters and Mercenaries has to be real cheap (like cheaper than GW books ever are) or I'll likely end up skipping it. I've still got a second box of Corvus Cabal, Iron Golems and Cypher lords on my list and after it'll likely be saving for Ossiarchs and the last two warbands. So that's about all my hobby budget for the forseeable future, so M&M is just to early for me to consider dropping something else out of my budget to get it.

And the entire CoS situation makes me dread what is coming for Slaves to Darkness. Those where some very nice and recent sculpts among those removed and it makes me fear for a lot of our kits (nevermind I already waved godbies to the Lord on Mount, even though it's my favorite conversion warscroll). If they take the warshrine I'll be seriously upset. I totally get the frustration, the long silence after the kit removal really adds insult to injury.

Just now, novakai said:

Wanderers could still have their own book in the future related with whatever the Kurnothi guy coming for Beastgrave, 

these two soup BT coming out I feel are just stopgate battletomes for future release especially if they don't come out with Endless spells and terrain

No new plastic means GW cuts it when they feel like it. I do not have confidence in the company to have any regard for its customers.

I don't understand the logic of the Warcry expansion. It's the spiritual successor to Mordheim, apparently- a game all about skirmishing. And now, what, a month after release, they're already letting you put a Terrorgheist in your warband? I don't remember the Reiklanders in Mordheim being able to tame a griffin.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

I don't understand the logic of the Warcry expansion. It's the spiritual successor to Mordheim, apparently- a game all about skirmishing. And now, what, a month after release, they're already letting you put a Terrorgheist in your warband? I don't remember the Reiklanders in Mordheim being able to tame a griffin.

I don't think the Terrorgheist is going to easily fit into your standard 1K warband very easily. It's more that they are adding epic monsters and beasts to fight and heck through the campaign system or open play you could take them. It's likely pushing the game up a notch to allowing a higher point value for some games. 

That said I'm sure at its core you're still going to focus warbands vs warbands - only now perhaps there's a dragon on the table or a chimera or a huge flight of harpies. 

I'm sure it will still scale well to the 1K value and bigger things will likely require more to take them down. 

I don't think its quite the same as Mordhiem as that game was closer to Necromunda in structure; whilst Warcry is simpler in that regard. 

21 minutes ago, CDM said:

I think a future release of the old worlders in CoS would go down a treat and show true support.

Maybe a hero and a new mppk for each of the subfactions?

@zilberfrid what should they have done with Cities then? What would of made you happy?

Communication about the cut factions and models.

Communication about the release date

New models for the general on foot, fleetmaster and sorceress, and all dwarf heroes, which rely on moulded squares to stand.

Faction terrain, new moulds preferably.

Pet peeve of mine: don't put four stormcast on the cover vs two for which the book is the first attention given by GW.

Another pet peeve: new models for the guard and crossbowmen sets.

They have made it possible for stores to buy sets that are described in the book, which is good, but apparently not by the same rules as other sets.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Communication about the cut factions and models.

Agreed. They should give a design or business reason as to why.

Communication about the release date

They have... it's soon. What difference does it really make if it comes 6 weeks later than you thought?

New models for the general on foot, fleetmaster and sorceress, and all dwarf heroes, which rely on moulded squares to stand.

Would be great but they have a busy release schedule and this is unlikely . In both main systems there has been a concerted effort to get all rules up to scratch with big new releases in the middle. We be just seen with the howling banshee and that could be a sign of old sets being replaced for the sake of it which they haven't done much of for 4 years now

Faction terrain, new moulds preferably.

That should of been a minimum and I feel for orruk players and the wider hobby, work terrain is o n so many wish lists 

Pet peeve of mine: don't put four stormcast on the cover vs two for which the book is the first attention given by GW.

I agree. Stormcasts will be in every city and that's fine but it's more of shoving fantasy space marines down our throat. Although I would prefer to see SE as real mercenaries rather than full armies, makes more sense to me

Another pet peeve: new models for the guard and crossbowmen sets.

See busy release schedule

They have made it possible for stores to buy sets that are described in the book, which is good, but apparently not by the same rules as other sets.

Minor problem as they'll have rules on the book 

On your last point though.  I'm waiting impatiently for free peoples of all the realms to be represented. 

A chamon faction of  humans  that represents the people of the realm of metal. Could make armies for cog cities, greywater fastness and ironweld.

Shyish humans who fighy alongside they're ancestors like we have seen in the setting now. The battletomes could represent forces loyal to sigmar or to Nagash!

A ghur untamed beasts/ darkoath battletome that can be in GA chaos , order or destuction!

Once they've wrapped up CoS , Orruk warclans, mawtribes and slaves to darkness then I'm really excited for they do they do next. Feels like there is endless scope and I hope humans play a central part to model releases from then 

Edited by CDM
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CDM said:

Once they've wrapped up CoS , Orruk warclans, mawtribes and slaves to darkness then I'm really excited for they do they do next. Feels like there is endless scope and I hope humans play a central part to model releases from then 

Theres a good chance that the kurnothi will be the next new force since there will be an underworld warband for them. Do we have speculation what that will entail?

3 minutes ago, Lenwe Seregon said:

Theres a good chance that the kurnothi will be the next new force since there will be an underworld warband for them. Do we have speculation what that will entail?

Nothing at all and there's not even any guarantee they will get anything beyond the Warband. Remember Dark Oath only got a warband and two leaders and are otherwise just another part of Slaves to Darkness. 

3 minutes ago, Forrix said:

My biggest fear for COS is that it's going to turn out to be effectively just a new Stormcast battletome.

I don't see how considering that Stormcast are not in the army. They will be allies like regular forces and there likely will be at least one or two battalions that let you take more stormcast beyond the allies limit. But otherwise it will be humans, dwarves and aelves. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

I don't see how considering that Stormcast are not in the army. They will be allies like regular forces and there likely will be at least one or two battalions that let you take more stormcast beyond the allies limit. But otherwise it will be humans, dwarves and aelves. 

Yeah exactly.  That's ask unfounded fear

• Like 1
  • Confused 2