The Rumour Thread

44 minutes ago, Athrawes said:

I really love the look of the models and the potential for the lore, but is anyone else disappointed by the name?

ossiarch has its roots in the word ossify and the Latin word  ‘os’ meaning bone. So their faction name is basically ‘Boney Bonereapers’

Would have been so much happier with Ossiarch legions, or simply the bone tithe instead.

From the people who brought you Ferrus Mannus, Lionel Johnson and Angry Ron.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Overread said:

That might be because you're the kind of person that wants to make their own rules for the game

Lol. Couldn't be further from the truth. I prefer strictly regimented rules, by far. 

I just happen to think that all the rules you needed were present in the 4-pager.

• Like 1

I understand the lack of news for CoS since it was a big reveal for the boney-boys, Skelecrons, not-tomb Kong’s.. but they really blew it on communication with how the new book works and what it means for those armies to generate some sort of hype. Especially since it seems there is no new terrain or spells for them. It was the right time to talk about it after the Tithe reveal (which wasn’t fully revealed despite them saying just the day before ALL would be).

i hope they take this time for blowing it, again, and reflect on it while they smoke lit cigars with hundred dollar queen money watching their stock ticker go up haha.

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Also it‘s pretty clear that the only other new models they‘ll reveal will be a bone-fortress of some sort which makes this army feel really small and lackluster?

I felt a little empty too, but to their credit they've got basic foot troops, elite foot, cav, a big hero, 2 flavors of little hero, and an artillery piece. I think that's about the same as Ironjawz? At least within one.  I think it's enough to sink into if you love the look.

Personally I let out a huge sigh of relief when I saw them and didn't like them. Finally a new kit I don't have to pine for.

• Like 2

At this stage I wouldn't pin too many hopes on a skeleton fortress. Not that GW couldn't make one, they certainly could, but just that they've not really done that before now save for generic castle and chaos fortifications. The GW team might just have put together that castle of bones.

It would be rather ironic if the first bit of AoS terrain in a long while that isn't a ruin is made up of ground up bones for a death faction! 

2 minutes ago, Lhurgoyf said:

I felt a little empty too, but to their credit they've got basic foot troops, elite foot, cav, a big hero, 2 flavors of little hero, and an artillery piece. I think that's about the same as Ironjawz? At least within one.  I think it's enough to sink into if you love the look.

Personally I let out a huge sigh of relief when I saw them and didn't like them. Finally a new kit I don't have to pine for.

Same, I like the main dude, as I think that kit has a load of potential for painting and conversions. Curious to see how large he is. Still hoping for a large colossus.

the army is supposed to be elite, despite them being shown in vast numbers.

side note, tombstone guy is probably the worst looking model I’ve seen from GW in awhile. His face and hair, his armor. The only good looking thing are the three severed heads

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I understand the lack of news for CoS since it was a big reveal for the boney-boys, Skelecrons, not-tomb Kong’s.. but they really blew it on communication with how the new book works and what it means for those armies to generate some sort of hype. Especially since it seems there is no new terrain or spells for them. It was the right time to talk about it after the Tithe reveal (which wasn’t fully revealed despite them saying just the day before ALL would be).

i hope they take this time for blowing it, again, and reflect on it while they smoke lit cigars with hundred dollar queen money watching their stock ticker go up haha.

It's obvious you haven't read many of the recent posts in this thread.

1 hour ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Compare Swifthawks representation to any other faction and it’s still considerably underrepresented. Scourge Privateers or freeguild, both minor factions in a roughly equivalent position, saw much more lore representation. 

Umm...swifthawks have been mentioned a lot in battletomes (stormcast), short stories, novels (the neave blacktalon one), etc.  I don't recall the scourge privateers ever being mentioned.  

39 minutes ago, chord said:

Umm...swifthawks have been mentioned a lot in battletomes (stormcast), short stories, novels (the neave blacktalon one), etc.  I don't recall the scourge privateers ever being mentioned.  

I’d still argue Scourge Privateers and freeguild are more well represented than swifthawk. 

On top of that, swifthawk already lost half their models before the big cuts, I’d say they were clearly at risk beforehand. 

59 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

I’d still argue Scourge Privateers and freeguild are more well represented than swifthawk. 

On top of that, swifthawk already lost half their models before the big cuts, I’d say they were clearly at risk beforehand. 

and 1/3 of their remainign models is still around, but I was expecting them to go, I was not expecting the skycutter to go tho

There is a least one more significant model coming for the bone reapers. This rumour image is definitely from the bonereapers but it is not on any of the models we have seen yet.274993392_2019-04-23(1).jpg.1c9aaa4188a931f009496d41eb0da2c3.jpg

It looks like it is a quite a big model. It could be an endless spell, but it might be a new monster. The range is also lacking in the hero department. We have only seen two so far. 

As for rules previews, gw almost never talks about rules at these events. Between preorder announcement and release the are two weeks to discuss rules on the community site. That is more than enough time to get across the information they need to. 

As for the future, I think it is highly likely that we will see news about cities of sigmar and orruk wartribes tomorrow. We will probably see beastgrave later in September after some more marines. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

There is a least one more significant model coming for the bone reapers. This rumour image is definitely from the bonereapers but it is not on any of the models we have seen yet.274993392_2019-04-23(1).jpg.1c9aaa4188a931f009496d41eb0da2c3.jpg

It looks like it is a quite a big model. It could be an endless spell, but it might be a new monster. The range is also lacking in the hero department. We have only seen two so far. 

People are saying that Katakros was the one freed from the underwater prison beneath Lethis. Now if that's true, then what is the gigantic demon creature we saw in the artwork? Nothing else we've seen from the Ossiarch looks like that creature. I find it hard to believe that pivotal narrative artwork was simply the artist taking liberties on something that looked completely different or didn't exist at all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Overread said:

At this stage I wouldn't pin too many hopes on a skeleton fortress. Not that GW couldn't make one, they certainly could, but just that they've not really done that before now save for generic castle and chaos fortifications. The GW team might just have put together that castle of bones.

It would be rather ironic if the first bit of AoS terrain in a long while that isn't a ruin is made up of ground up bones for a death faction! 

Rerelease of Deathknell watch as OB scenery?

Edited by zilberfrid

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

People are saying that Katakros was the one freed from the underwater prison beneath Lethis. Now if that's true, then what is the gigantic demon creature we saw in the artwork? Nothing else we've seen from the Ossiarch looks like that creature. I find it hard to believe that pivotal narrative artwork was simply the artist taking liberties on something that looked completely different or didn't exist at all.

Unless they keep it as a God that doesn't see the table (ala Sigmar) it pretty much has to be the Prometheus fellow. Nagash just boiled all that crazy cool stuff down into some soul goop and poured it into Katakros armor.

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

As for rules previews, gw almost never talks about rules at these events. Between preorder announcement and release the are two weeks to discuss rules on the community site. That is more than enough time to get across the information they need to. 

As for the future, I think it is highly likely that we will see news about cities of sigmar and orruk wartribes tomorrow. We will probably see beastgrave later in September after some more marines. 

3 heroes. Mortarch, Scythe and coffin. 

11 hours ago, Forrix said:

I think the Warcry expansion announcement was premature and if you didn't like the new death army that was it for Nova. I think a lot of people, myself included, were hoping for more information on Cities of Sigmar and Orruk Warclans. The squatting wave was never going to go over positively but failing to follow it up with an preview of COS and an idea of how the affected factions will work in the new battletome was a mistake. I think the Slyvaneth shipping issue really screwed up their schedule; I suspect COS was already supposed to be out by now.

I get that response and I have felt that at other previews. But this is, for me different, if they full on released the Dispossessed faction of my dreams that would still not excite me as much as it would have two years ago. 

It’s  simply the release rate. Say they did release that Dispossessed tome at nova. I’d still be toying around with the GH19 stuff, while Warcry is getting an expansion before I even got into that game even though I really want to, and on top of that a new model line I’d really want? I would still disconnect because I don’t have enough hobby time to get into anything past ghb19. 🤷‍♀️

Again not really a criticism because it clearly works for GW, just a response to the conversation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xking said:

Would you be more excited if there was new Dispossessed models? Maybe some Golems? 

Haha no, sorry perhaps I explained myself badly. The point was that even if they released my dream faction today. (Dispossessed reinmagined just for the record) That wouldn’t get me as excited as a release two years ago did. 

The release rate is so high that I’m not capable of spending time on everything I would want to and as a result I’m following everything that creates hype less and less.  

Case and point: we prefer 1 to 1,5K games in our group and have a fondness for Skirmish games. So ghb19 announces meeting engagements and I buy into that as it mixes things up for us. But between holidays and work we haven’t had much meeting engagements yet. So Warcry, which would be perfect for us, is on the back burner. So that an expansion is dropped is cool and eventually i reckon I’m going to get it so I can play the war queen (really like that model). 

But if something between now and when I get around to Warcry which grabs our attention more comes... we’ll sadly end up skipping it. And that knowledge means that I’m losing interest in new releases fast. Because what’s the point? I’m not doing anything with them until later and it’s probably outdated by then anyway. 

*again it works so it’s a valid strategy but I do wonder a bit how big the target audience is that can keep up or if it’s more shooting buckshot and seeing what sticks. 

15 hours ago, Overread said:

Finally, the time has come...

1434142997858.jpg

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Overread said:

I would say it's almost confirmed, as we can clearly see repetitive, painted-like walls (exact same motives and regularity, looks like modular panels like the Dreadhold Walls -  i.e. it's a molded thing, not a kit bash) in the back, also the Skull gate like in the artworks.

633c6159842b2e5929f90c397f2ca0f16abe2b520648e0aa0aca2457586e6e3c.png.8c12769f720b5ce1acff22fff2718bdb.png

• Like 1