The Rumour Thread

Hey guys! Can't really say I like the Ossiarch Bonereapers, but can say there is heavy conversion potential in each and every one of the kits. 
However, I am writing this because I feel that this faction is sort of re-imagining the Tomb Kings (the unit line-up and the aesthetic drive behind the models kinda points me in that direction). So if this is the case (someone can point out if it has been confirmed or disproved during the seminar) do you think that maybe one day we would get a re-imagining of Bretonnia into the AoS setting?

5 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

Hey guys! Can't really say I like the Ossiarch Bonereapers, but can say there is heavy conversion potential in each and every one of the kits. 
However, I am writing this because I feel that this faction is sort of re-imagining the Tomb Kings (the unit line-up and the aesthetic drive behind the models kinda points me in that direction). So if this is the case (someone can point out if it has been confirmed or disproved during the seminar) do you think that maybe one day we would get a re-imagining of Bretonnia into the AoS setting?

I dont really feel it as a TK reimagined to be honest. It feels like Undead Stormcast to me.

• Like 1

What is interesting is to understand which units will be available in Legions and which Legions units will be available to them.

Vince from WW confirmed the Morghasts are included so that’s at least one crossover but considering having 2 skeleton armies does not really fit would be interesting to see if Deathrattle can be used as cheaper infantry and cheaper cavalry. I know they aesthetically don’t fit but strategically they could fill some gaps. All depends on how the play of course.

On the other hand would be good to be able to use the catapults and some more elite units in LoN...

While i agree that it shares little resemblance to tomb ki gs in terms of design i do still feel the same vibe

Nagashs design was meant to incorporate his own creation with elements of Nehekara.

For me the main comparison to tomb ki gs is the sense of  a well organised well equipped.and proud martial force like tomb kings in comparison to the shambling mismatch hordes of.the "regular" undead.

In terms of them being undead version stormcast they certainly incopkrate that as well and this has been a long time coming as Nagash hints at them in the book Lord of Undeath.

But yeah i get why people get a tombking vibe of them.

• Like 1

I really hope the design team took some effort to figure out how they interact with LoN if they allow them on board because to make these guys a really strong stand alone army and then incorporate the best of that into LoN might be Grim Reapers x10.

I understand the LoN players wanting to have some of these new toys but at the same time, I kind of hope they cannot be included and that they are meant to always be an outlier on the far end of Nagash's reach.

• Like 2

I will surely pick up quite a few of the models, the cavalry just looks awesome. I also like the "smaller guys" (apart from the helmets, but that's beating a dead horse at this point), but I want to see just how big they are. 

A lot will depend on what battleline manipulations can be done. I like the smaller infantry, but after 80 skellies, 60 zombies, 40 chainrasps, 60 ghouls,... I don't feel like having to add a ton more weenie troops to a new army. I'm really hoping this can be one of the first undead armies that actually plays well as a highly elite force (sadly, the vampire heavy LoN lists are fun, but they aren't amazing on the battlefield). 

15 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

So... Now that we have a new army on the way WHEN are we supposed to get CoS and the Orruks book?

I know some of you have done some shamanistic-calendar-prevision of the upcoming stuffs.

I mean, it's all cool and fun but I got a cover art 30 days ago and dead signal...

They said that they were coming so soon that they weren't even going to talk about them because we'd know soon enough anyways.

3 minutes ago, Travis Baumann said:

I really hope the design team took some effort to figure out how they interact with LoN if they allow them on board because to make these guys a really strong stand alone army and then incorporate the best of that into LoN might be Grim Reapers x10.

I understand the LoN players wanting to have some of these new toys but at the same time, I kind of hope they cannot be included and that they are meant to always be an outlier on the far end of Nagash's reach.

I disagree... I like the cross pollination. GRR was just messy because GRR were undercosted for how good they are, and that's now fixed. I'd be mightily surprised if another Nagash + 2*30 GRR lists float to the top of tournaments now. 

17 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

While i agree that it shares little resemblance to tomb ki gs in terms of design i do still feel the same vibe

Nagashs design was meant to incorporate his own creation with elements of Nehekara.

For me the main comparison to tomb ki gs is the sense of  a well organised well equipped.and proud martial force like tomb kings in comparison to the shambling mismatch hordes of.the "regular" undead.

In terms of them being undead version stormcast they certainly incopkrate that as well and this has been a long time coming as Nagash hints at them in the book Lord of Undeath.

But yeah i get why people get a tombking vibe of them.

While i do agree about the organized martial army comparison, i dont see this Nehekara vibe into it.

Lorewise, i suspect it is a sort of mock up of Stormcasts using the soul fragments the SCE have been losing on the reforges.

About similarity to TKs... i just dont think the new models would really fit with TK like the morghasts for example, because all of this constructs are aparently made of bones, while TK have metals, stones and a egyptian desert vibes.

This army feel more like AoS Necron than Tks imo.

• Like 1

(Sorry if I'm repeating something, I skipped over about 8 pages since I wasn't able to be online between announcement time and about an hour ago)

To me the new Bonereapers seem like they are starting from the aesthetic of Morghasts (I had to go take a quick peek in the store, since I haven't actually looked at a Morghast in a while) and scaling down, rather than starting from the aesthetic of Tomb Kings and scaling up.

• Like 2

Was not the implementation I was expecting for the new Death faction, but I am definitely one of the people who is enthusiastic about them. SO much so that I stopped at the local GW on the way home from work today to see if they had any Morghasts in stock. Sadly they did not, but I will definitely be picking these up as my Death army when they drop in October. 

6 minutes ago, skeen77 said:

GW does delete negative comments on their posts remember.

Oh I didn’t know that. 

Either way I don’t really mind, a lot of people seem to be put out by others disagreeing and are hoping the models are/aren’t successful based on their own interests. 

I like them and think they’re dope, that’s enough for me. 

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

(Sorry if I'm repeating something, I skipped over about 8 pages since I wasn't able to be online between announcement time and about an hour ago)

To me the new Bonereapers seem like they are starting from the aesthetic of Morghasts (I had to go take a quick peek in the store, since I haven't actually looked at a Morghast in a while) and scaling down, rather than starting from the aesthetic of Tomb Kings and scaling up.

I think visually they take inspiration from the Morghasts and GW has confirmed in places that morghasts will appear in their army too. Army theme wise I think there's some TK elements in there here and there; but more as a casual association and concept (Eg a huge freaking catapult) rather than  them being a direct re-creation of TK. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 5:32 AM, Huanchi said:

2 Words:
Tomb Kings

Probably the reimagined ones..but thats totally TK

On 7/24/2019 at 8:01 AM, GeneralZero said:

One word: NO

On 7/24/2019 at 10:37 AM, Thomas Lyons said:

We'll see if you're still saying this in 3 months 😉

On 7/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, GeneralZero said:

I don't see new death army

On 7/24/2019 at 10:52 AM, Thomas Lyons said:

Well, it sounds like you're in for a pleasant surprise.

On 7/24/2019 at 10:55 AM, GeneralZero said:

May the Miniature Game God hear you my son!

On 7/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, Thomas Lyons said:

Correct. When I say TK is coming, in no way am I claiming that they will use a single old model. In fact, I would bet against them using any old models. But what is coming will be what TK reimagined in the mortal realms will look like.

Ahem. 

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

They're much more Tomb Kings than most people give credit for.

A big part of old Tomb Kings lore is that unlike the mindless minions of the Vampire Counts, even the lowliest skeleton soldier of the Tomb Kings had a soul, memories, at least a portion of the mortal prowess they had in life, ect. They had constructs animated with souls, they had an organized army with archers, artillery, and so on.

Even the new special character seems designed to capture a bit of ol Settra. No, not the "Settra does not serve" bit, but Settra in his time was often called the Alexander the Great of the Old World, the brilliant tactician and leader who conquered most of the ancient world before finally, reluctantly succumbing to death.

The details are different, but in broad strokes the new death army is absolutely calculated to fill the niche left behind by Tomb Kings.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1