The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

I hope so lol, but knowing GW they seem to hate ko for some reason. 

Hey least you have a book! Ogors are still waiting for our first ever allegiance abilities! Haha

27 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

Do you think a good KO book as been delayed because of new models in production?

Not impossible, but I'd gamble more on next year. We have a lot still coming for AoS. KO has good model options when you look big picture, so cant imagine they would get too much other then a proper rewrite.

Brand new death army dropping, orruks, cities, and mawtribes. Tzeentch is teased and would be my guess for a pickup chaos book for the year considering too much is needed to make STD a thing. Those armies still waiting will likely be next year, when is anyones guess. STD especially, since then they'll have all the factions of chaos properly fleshed out... and in swings Archeons force that can dabble in all the options.

Honestly it'll come. I've learned just to build up your army, and when the book comes it comes!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

Do you think a good KO book as been delayed because of new models in production?

There were rumors back when Kharadrons came out (around fall 2017) that GW was very happy with the sales numbers (as they exceeded expectations) and that they green lit more Kharadron kits. 

We know that new kits need around 2 years from design to the store, so the timeline would fit.

Edited by Gecktron

5 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

There were rumors back when Kharadrons came out (around fall 2017) that GW was very happy with the sales numbers (as they exceeded expectations) and that they green lit more Kharadron kits. 

We know that new kits need around 2 years from design to the store, so the timeline would fit.

That’s where I was getting my thought process. Only thing I could maybe think of is perhaps a new battleline unit maybe focused around combat. Something to act as a screener for other units. I have no idea what that would look like though.

4 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

If you already have all the unique models (like characters) then getting duplicates won't really help you all that much. If you need more line troops, like Chainrasps or Grimgasts, then it might be worth picking up those specific issues.

You can never go wrong with more Chainrasps, Grimghasts in odd number no thanks... I may give it a try and if end up with too many duplicates I’ll just stop. Scenery could be interesting and Stormcast exclusives would be good as well 

The new thing for KO is called: Cities of Sigmar. There is a city for them and some synergies there. So, the new miniatures are just "add some classic duardins dispossessed (or whatever in those cities) to your KO"!! lol.

This is the super cheap route from GW but immediate and short term.

Edited by GeneralZero

30 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

The new thing for KO is called: Cities of Sigmar. There is a city for them and some synergies there. So, the new miniatures are just "add some classic duardins dispossessed (or whatever in those cities) to your KO"!! lol.

Yeah I am not adding old models to my army that don't fit thematically. I say GW should fix the army I bought before I buy anything else.  GW took long enough to fix my Tau. Killed my deathwatch with priamris and its clear old marines are on the way out in lore. So now KO suck for a long time now and I'm expected to want to buy more models? Yeah right. 

Edited by Barkanaut

31 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

KO wont be in the book. You can take them in a Cities of Sigmar army but they (most likely) wont get any changes. Just like Stormcasts or Sylvaneth. 

2 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

I hope so lol, but knowing GW they seem to hate ko for some reason. 

There has been an anti-Dwarf bias at GW for decades.  I'm not even joking.  It might be accidental, but right up until the point that Fyreslayers became kind of good in the last few months, there has never been a good or powerful Dwarf faction.  Well, there very briefly was one when KO were accidentally too good, but they got nerfed into the Stone Age within weeks - no Elf or Vampire or Daemon that was too good ever got nerfed immediately like that, even back in the days when one OP army book could dominate the scene for years and years.

• Haha 1

Fyreslayers have been good before, Vulkite spam was a thing under GH17 and they were one of the top armies in the game at that time (probably second only to Vanguard Wing).

Fyreslayers are good right now, and KO were good in between (and are decent again now).  Dwarves have actually had an on-meta army for the majority of AOS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amysrevenge said:

There has been an anti-Dwarf bias at GW for decades.  I'm not even joking.  It might be accidental, but right up until the point that Fyreslayers became kind of good in the last few months, there has never been a good or powerful Dwarf faction.  Well, there very briefly was one when KO were accidentally too good, but they got nerfed into the Stone Age within weeks - no Elf or Vampire or Daemon that was too good ever got nerfed immediately like that, even back in the days when one OP army book could dominate the scene for years and years.

I have some friends who are involved with some of the external game balancing and they all say the same thing.  A few people at GW who are in charge of the balance and general direction of the game have their own favourite armies and will push them harder than any of the others and also typically make them more powerful than the rest.  I think the fact that dwarves went years without a book in old fantasy and have gotten absolutely nothing outside of KO and Fireslayers should be a pretty good indication that no one on the design team really cares for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mcprowlington said:

"absolutely nothing except two brand new complete factions, one of which just received their second battletome update"

What? 

Fair to pick that apart but as an old dwarf player I don't want to play an entire army of slayers and the KO aren't really my thing either.  My point was along the line of the classic dwarf army hasn't really been touched for years (I think maybe the last kits were early 8th ed?) and their rules are pretty lackluster.  I do hope the new cities book will do something for the army but I am not holding my breath.

Ok so I've had a moment to process the info

1) Warcry - so first up its an expansion book which adds more beasts and mercenary forces. This one seems to be more a case of "adding more models" to the game from what GW already produces. The photos show off the chimera monster whilst the book also mentions taking Dark Oath Queens and other models. So in general its going to be expanding the current core forces. No mention directly of adding any additional regular armies to the game nor if the "mercenaries" will include factions not currently added to the game. 

Bit of a disappointment that we didn't get news at least on the next wave of faction cards unless that info comes out further during the Nova - keep an eye on any news blogs incase anyone does get more info

2) Ossiarch Bonereapers - These are awesome! Bone and metal constructs, they are clearly Nagash's answer to Stormcast. Infantry, heavy infantry, cavalry and a massive walking crawling catapult. I really like the look of these - REALLY like the look. They've not shown it all but the video does show off the coffin-back-pack character too. 

The only model I dislike is the new Mortach and that's only because its clearly more a show-model than a battle model with the pose and style. It's awesome, just really kinda makes me also wonder how they heck you're even supposed to transport it (whole case to itself?). 

Otherwise there's a great"Skeleton Warriors" vibe coming from them without being so metallic infused that they shifted from fantasy to steampunk/sci fi. 

I greatly look forward to seeing more, though at this stage GW has said they've "not shown them all" BUT don't get too high hoped. Remember GW generally treats that as "we've not shown an individual photo" and they have shown 1 model in the video. What's also interesting is that, thus far, none of the new kits have been mentioned as duel kits.