The Rumour Thread

Legends is likely a week reprint of some models. They might do a one time re-run of the lost models from the recent removal; could be another army getting some old metals or perhaps GW is just highlighting it after removing a lot from the store all at once and also kinda removing several armies and mashing them together. 

That said its going to be one epic Nova! 

3 hours ago, elfhead said:

There is a small article about Nova on the community site. It shows a lot of logo’s from game systems (including warcry, AoS and underworlds) and it says there will be reveals for ALL of them😮

And Warhammer Legends?? Weird but looking forward!

20 minutes ago, Elmir said:

Is this streamed in any way? 

Typically GW puts up a summary at the end of the show on their community site. I don't think they bother streaming it and they typically discourage recording of the event - or at least recording and live-streaming by blogs etc...

Most of the time its a 30min or 1 hour event, but considering all the content it might go on for longer.

5 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Interesting that Warhammer Legends is on there along side actual "product lines". I don't recall them actually taking time to really announce new stuff moving to legends other than a Warhammer Community post around the time a new battletome that drops old units comes out. Probably going to have the Empire, Dwarfs, Wood Elves and High Elves going to legends, but maybe they'll finally give us a clean cut off of what's going to Legends and what should be safe to buy in the near future and fully do the rest of the legends armies, especially Ogres and Slaves to Darkness since they're the last factions that haven't gotten a full AoS treatment. I was finally going to buy some maneaters because I assumed that being in the GHB with the new mercenary rules made them safe(I'd stopped buying all non-battletome models, unless I plan to use them for other games) but the removal of Dwarf cannons kind of kills that theory. Points for Legends are probably too much to hope for, but battalions and spells lores and faction special rules would be neat, just something small the the GHB allegiance abilities would be neat.

My irrational hope is that they'll update the Empire and Bretonnia Compendiums to allow a whole lot more "counts as" stuff for the new Cities of Sigmar battletome, and move the old Empire and Bretonnia warscroll collections into Warhammer Legends.  And maybe do the same for Tomb Kings.  (Examples:  Men-at-Arms would formally count as Freeguild Guard; My newly departed Freeguild Archers could count as Crossbowmen or some other Mortal Archers; Tomb Guard would formally count as Whatever The New Death Faction's Infantry Are, etc.).  I suggested this to GW during the last Big Community Survey.

I know they won't do this.  Lore difficulties aside, I accept that GW wants me to buy new things.  They don't want me to avoid buying new things by playing the new game with my old things.  But at least for a few days I can dream :)

Edited by Iskander

6 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Hope they drop it all at once this time! 

They've never done it like that, and they never will. The live-blog is updated real time to coincide with what's being shown to the attendees, if it were all revealed at once there, then the people actually attending the event would have no reason to be around for the reveals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

They've never done it like that, and they never will. The live-blog is updated real time to coincide with what's being shown to the attendees, if it were all revealed at once there, then the people actually attending the event would have no reason to be around for the reveals.

Nah, ones like this, everything is done in one go after the seminar is finished. This isn’t a whole day/weekend event like Warhammerfest, it’s just one preview seminar. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Last time I tried to stay up for a preview I'm sure that the event only started at the advertised time but lasted for hours. 

Hope they drop it all at once this time! 

They’re generally an hour, and the stuff is uploaded straight after on the community site. 

51 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I don't remember what it was like last NOVA, how soon after are we talking?

Straight after I think, the seminar is usually an hour and the article goes up after that hour. I’m generally asleep for the Nova ones, but that’s how it usually goes. There’ll probably be a banner on the community site with a time, they seem to do that for previews lately. 

12 hours ago, bsharitt said:

Interesting that Warhammer Legends is on there along side actual "product lines". I don't recall them actually taking time to really announce new stuff moving to legends other than a Warhammer Community post around the time a new battletome that drops old units comes out. Probably going to have the Empire, Dwarfs, Wood Elves and High Elves going to legends, but maybe they'll finally give us a clean cut off of what's going to Legends and what should be safe to buy in the near future and fully do the rest of the legends armies, especially Ogres and Slaves to Darkness since they're the last factions that haven't gotten a full AoS treatment. I was finally going to buy some maneaters because I assumed that being in the GHB with the new mercenary rules made them safe(I'd stopped buying all non-battletome models, unless I plan to use them for other games) but the removal of Dwarf cannons kind of kills that theory. Points for Legends are probably too much to hope for, but battalions and spells lores and faction special rules would be neat, just something small the the GHB allegiance abilities would be neat.

Warhammer Community was there alongside the product lines as well.

Probably means nothing more than another round of made-to-order discontinued minis.

13 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

You mean a character that would ruin the whole narrative of its faction?

@offtopic

You are talking about "New Blizzard"destroying C.Metzen work. Btw, the new meme:  "In the world of Peacecraft, there can't be war".

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

Some sort of future Kurnothi thing? A ponytail or... literal tail

Could be, but it would have to be something new from the range. It doesn't look like the tails on the beastgrave kurnothi which have little spikes at the end. Their fire-hair all transitions from red to orange, I know its greyscale but I'd imagine there would be a bit more of a dark to light transition. Also I really need to procrastinate less...……..