The Rumour Thread

I can see them re-using a lot of the Death Rattle models - with the exception of the small group of skeletons. The Wight on horse might also get removed/replaced. 

Guard and deathhorses will likely remain, but could be superseded. 

As for internal strife, I figure we could easily see that happen one day for Death, however it will take a major story event to knock Nagash down a few dozen pegs. 

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

As for internal strife, I figure we could easily see that happen one day for Death, however it will take a major story event to knock Nagash down a few dozen pegs. 

Given that he's currently acting as the main antagonist, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens sooner rather than later. 

Well Gotrek is apparently going to visit him in one of the new books/audio stories coming out soon. The early work on him suggests that he's nearing a demi-god status. Tthough he's feeling a touch Mary Sue at present so I'd welcome Nagash perhaps knocking Gotrek down some just to even the score and make him more "dwarf" and less "god" in feeling. Either way that would be an interesting meeting .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankster said:

I'm really disappointed that the leader is another mortarch. I really wanted a Death faction that actually challenged Nagash in some way. Without any internal conflict Death will remain boring to me. ..

Granted, they can do whatever they want, by GW has pretty firmly established that defiance against him by any undead is utterly impossible. Even the Mortarchs bend to his will. 

The idea of an undead faction that can resist him is really sort of a fantasy I don't expect to become reality.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Overread said:

I can see them re-using a lot of the Death Rattle models - with the exception of the small group of skeletons. The Wight on horse might also get removed/replaced. 

Guard and deathhorses will likely remain, but could be superseded. 

If they ever flesh out Soulblight, they have either Mannfred or Neferata(or both) asserting themselves more solidifying their own power bases while Nagash is busy fighting Sigmar and friends.

10 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Granted, they can do whatever they want, by GW has pretty firmly established that defiance against him by any undead is utterly impossible. Even the Mortarchs bend to his will. 

The idea of an undead faction that can resist him is really sort of a fantasy I don't expect to become reality.

Right, 'cuz GW has never written themselves into a corner and then made a significant change to the narrative before...

Edited by Hankster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Flesh Eaters are in a very odd position - they have  very curious lore that isn't really reflected in the models at all. Their lore and visual display is almost fully "head cannon". We don't even have any with poses or sculpts that play to their idea of being a knight on a horse or a king being served - even the new arch regent is purely the beast that it is. 

That said its an interesting take, but I still feel like they've got a trump card waiting. I think that GW will revisit them one day and give them a few new models and units as well as perhaps some greater focus as a faction. Some great King that will rise up to lead them; who perhaps will focus them around a unified story or at least a central core faction story. 

As for Nagash, right now he rules all of the Undead and has done so for a long time; however the Age of Sigmar is clearly a major age of change. We've already had Chaos thrust back; Stormcast are everywhere; The Necroquake has happened; etc... There's a lot of potential for events to unfold that could result in Nagash losing power. Lets not forget that whilst all Death bows to him, its not exactly voluntary. There's ample reason to consider that the various forces of Death could even rise up and, with some outside help, try to overthrow or at least push him to the side. Sigmar would certainly welcome Nagash being dealt a powerful blow to his ego and power; if that meant joining forces with other death forces to raise them up in their power whilst at the same time lowering Nagash then I'm sure Sigmar would go for it. 

It doesn't have to retcon anything; its purely an evolution of the lore. A fitting chagne considering all the vast realm shattering going on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Which is why Sigmar has been searching for one of the old Death Gods that have so far evaded Nagash to offer them his support to challenge Nagash's supremacy.  Perhaps, Sigmar has also found an undead army to oppose Nagash within the city of Shadespire - He's been poking around there long enough.

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Flesh Eaters are in a very odd position - they have  very curious lore that isn't really reflected in the models at all. Their lore and visual display is almost fully "head cannon". We don't even have any with poses or sculpts that play to their idea of being a knight on a horse or a king being served - even the new arch regent is purely the beast that it is. 

This is honestly my biggest issue with them. I love the idea for their background, but the models are just so disconnected and bland.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Panzer said:

This is honestly my biggest issue with them. I love the idea for their background, but the models are just so disconnected and bland.

I think the range does need some more models and variety. Zombie dragons are great; but they do need some additional stuff. Then again if you look at armies like Daughters of Khaine they are pretty simple too. The "shattering" of many armies has left quite a few quite worn downin choice. Orks have lost a LOT of visual variety; esp since the goblins broke away into their own force. 

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

As for Nagash, right now he rules all of the Undead and has done so for a long time; however the Age of Sigmar is clearly a major age of change. We've already had Chaos thrust back; Stormcast are everywhere; The Necroquake has happened; etc... There's a lot of potential for events to unfold that could result in Nagash losing power. Lets not forget that whilst all Death bows to him, its not exactly voluntary. There's ample reason to consider that the various forces of Death could even rise up and, with some outside help, try to overthrow or at least push him to the side. Sigmar would certainly welcome Nagash being dealt a powerful blow to his ego and power; if that meant joining forces with other death forces to raise them up in their power whilst at the same time lowering Nagash then I'm sure Sigmar would go for it. 

It doesn't have to retcon anything; its purely an evolution of the lore. A fitting chagne considering all the vast realm shattering going on

Ah! Ninja'd!  Must learn to type faster.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Let’s also remember that when Archaeon defeated him he learned/realized that the Gods of each realm were tied to the power of their realm and seeks a way to usurp their source of power. Without that they cannot truly be destroyed, and if they were their realm would dissolve without them. Sooo... which moronic deity was it who decided to royally F up his OWN realm and now has his entire source of power being slowly sucked into an inexplicable black hole... anyone?  Sorry, trying to remember where I read it but as of writing this it escapes me...

Nagash is a senile old ******, he could end up with one of his aspects becoming more prominent and leading  parts of his own forces against himself.

Ignoring the joke, there's plenty of conflict within Death, lots of lesser servants vie against one another in schemes Nagash doesn't care/isn't aware about, it's just that none of them are really against him (directly). You won't catch any orcs trying to cop a jab on Gorkamorka, and none of the Stormcast are going to try to throw hands with Sigmar. I'd like an anti-Nagash Death faction, but I don't think it's as narratively necessary as people make it out to be.

For a topic a bit more on-topic, what kind of roster can we expect for the Tithe army? DoK got one animated trailer and around half-a-dozen units, I don't even remember what the build up to GG was, but they got a fuckload of stuff, the Skeleton IRS has had 3 trailers, can we expect a Nighthaunt/GG level of units?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

Nagash is a senile old ******, he could end up with one of his aspects becoming more prominent and leading  parts of his own forces against himself.

Ignoring the joke, there's plenty of conflict within Death, lots of lesser servants vie against one another in schemes Nagash doesn't care/isn't aware about, it's just that none of them are really against him (directly). You won't catch any orcs trying to cop a jab on Gorkamorka, and none of the Stormcast are going to try to throw hands with Sigmar. I'd like an anti-Nagash Death faction, but I don't think it's as narratively necessary as people make it out to be.

For a topic a bit more on-topic, what kind of roster can we expect for the Tithe army? DoK got one animated trailer and around half-a-dozen units, I don't even remember what the build up to GG was, but they got a fuckload of stuff, the Skeleton IRS has had 3 trailers, can we expect a Nighthaunt/GG level of units?

I think we're looking at, bare minimum, a unique character kit (possibly as a dual kit), a second hero kit, scenery and spells, a new monster kit, a new cavalry kit, and a siege weapon kit. That already puts it on the level of Slaanesh. If we get new skeleton models or additional heroes, monsters and war machines, that's putting us into or even potentially past Gloomspite territory.

50 minutes ago, xking said:

The Necroquake has increased  Nagash's  power several fold, giving him vast armies of undead to use.   Also it is not a black hole, but a Nadir with Nagashizzar at the center.

For now... his realm is still being eaten/sucked in and it will eventually dissolve all of his power and effectively destroy him ... I refuse to believe different. It’s all lies! LIES I say!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

I think it will be GG level at least. I don't think they'll use the old TK skeleton kit, nor the generic one. They're going for a definite theme here, I think they'll be more ornamental. We're going to have several new kits I believe, maybe 3 weeks of releases. Could bring back a construct or two from TK, maybe use the morghasts from LoN.

I'm expecting NOVA to show off the book and a few models. They said that the next 2 battletomes we were getting were Cities and Orruks, so I think we're just going to get a taste of the new one.

Any guesses on what the new faction will be called? 😄

21 minutes ago, skeen77 said:

-Tomb Taxers

-The Tithe Takers

-IRS (Inter-realm Revenue Skeletons)

-PBC (Private Bone Collection)

-H&R Bones

-Al Cabone's Boys

-The Black Pyramid Scheme

Edited by KriticalKhan
added slight change to list
  • Like 4
  • Haha 19

47 minutes ago, skeen77 said:

I think it will be GG level at least. I don't think they'll use the old TK skeleton kit, nor the generic one. They're going for a definite theme here, I think they'll be more ornamental. We're going to have several new kits I believe, maybe 3 weeks of releases. Could bring back a construct or two from TK, maybe use the morghasts from LoN.

I'm expecting NOVA to show off the book and a few models. They said that the next 2 battletomes we were getting were Cities and Orruks, so I think we're just going to get a taste of the new one.

At least gloomspite level would be going some. They have had the biggest release of the year; more kits than 40k chaos or Marines. 

So far we have seen infantry, cavalry, artillery, at least 3 heroes, maybe heavy infantry. We can probably expect endless spells and scenery, so something close to gloomspite is possible (for reference they got 15 kits if you count the two warbands and the looncurse hero). I expect about 10 kits which would be about the same as IDK and KO.

• Like 1

I think we’re looking at a pretty substantial release. I’m going to guess, based on the videos alone: 

4-5 heroes (including the Mortarch) 

2 Infantry 

1 Mounted (potentially dual kit) 

Catapault

Behemoth 

plus more. Throw in the Morghasts and the Warsphinx and that’s a big release.

Potential Hero Units 

40254046-C145-407F-A6A9-507024AC92ED.jpeg.df71860e6db0a4f0643ee31b0c238190.jpeg

C0ED699A-01F6-46E0-8D59-A4EC4E9E6984.jpeg.5f42d5073e8a188c1cfa94335fbfb53e.jpeg

6FB5E18D-2929-4870-9A21-1A0CEACD6041.jpeg.b1321a6c185b668fa07c19f600f67eae.jpeg

4D96A255D-1401-4402-BF64-5E0ACDE24274.jpeg.2651452f4165117e6ff402520fd2dda9.jpeg

C7A963D3-9D58-4D05-8BEE-B506021055D8.jpeg

19DD9104-FA68-4E2D-B8AD-70C77E32C507.jpeg

4CF391B8-F5AE-4FD6-AAA2-E85D6B789C2B.jpeg

Edited by AthlorianStoners
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Overread said:

There's ample reason to consider that the various forces of Death could even rise up and, with some outside help, try to overthrow or at least push him to the side.

I suppose my point is that, within the lore, all Nagash would have to do to stop an undead uprising is say "stop."

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1