The Rumour Thread

Would it come as a surprise if Cities of Sigmar go on pre-sale along with Gotrek on the 7th?

It would come a week after NOVA, where they possibly might show more of CoS and the Orruk Warclans battletome. 

Plus, Gotrek could easily fit into  CoS as a named character that could lead all the duardin (and other manlings and aelflings) on the battlefield. 

And don't forget we still have to get through the rest of the space marines vanguard releases. So it's possible Orruks gets pushed back to O(rru)ktober. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorks Pokin' Finger said:

Would it come as a surprise if Cities of Sigmar go on pre-sale along with Gotrek on the 7th?

It would come a week after NOVA, where they possibly might show more of CoS and the Orruk Warclans battletome. 

Plus, Gotrek could easily fit into  CoS as a named character that could lead all the duardin (and other manlings and aelflings) on the battlefield. 

And don't forget we still have to get through the rest of the space marines vanguard releases. So it's possible Orruks gets pushed back to O(rru)ktober. 

It would also invalidate the rumour that no new models would be coming out for CoS. I would like that to be untrue, so I'm all for it.

• Like 1

Both Cities and Orruks I'm not expecting models, if they were going to release new models they'd have been shown alongside the new Ogre, or GW would have HEAVILY hinted at it. In fact its a little worrying that they didn't show of spells or terrain at that event either. That said I would expect that they are going to be 1 week releases. Just a Tome and basic accessories from China (terrain, spells, dice, warscroll cards) and some reboxings with round bases here and there. 

14 minutes ago, Overread said:

Both Cities and Orruks I'm not expecting models, if they were going to release new models they'd have been shown alongside the new Ogre, or GW would have HEAVILY hinted at it. In fact its a little worrying that they didn't show of spells or terrain at that event either. That said I would expect that they are going to be 1 week releases. Just a Tome and basic accessories from China (terrain, spells, dice, warscroll cards) and some reboxings with round bases here and there. 

I'm interested to see whether they'll put CoS models in shops.

Just now, zilberfrid said:

I'm interested to see whether they'll put CoS models in shops.

I'm sure they will, I've seen Firestorm games put a load of once "webstore exclusive" on general sale and even on the GW website they've changed it form "website exclusive" to "order ready". I think that their general plan is to move more of their stock back into general circulation. Even though they know stores won't stock it all, at the very least each store should be capable of ordering from GW to supply more to their area directly. This likely reflects GW's production capacity is starting to meet demand more so than not and that he new factory and power supply issues might be resolving in a "short" span of time (which could still be months)

1 minute ago, Overread said:

I'm sure they will, I've seen Firestorm games put a load of once "webstore exclusive" on general sale and even on the GW website they've changed it form "website exclusive" to "order ready". I think that their general plan is to move more of their stock back into general circulation. Even though they know stores won't stock it all, at the very least each store should be capable of ordering from GW to supply more to their area directly. This likely reflects GW's production capacity is starting to meet demand more so than not and that he new factory and power supply issues might be resolving in a "short" span of time (which could still be months)

That is really good news. Webstore exclusives don't sell as many models as things you can otherwise get. Giving shops the option to shelve them gets more sales, which gives better chances of having to line retained.

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

That is really good news. Webstore exclusives don't sell as many models as things you can otherwise get. Giving shops the option to shelve them gets more sales, which gives better chances of having to line retained.

Yep though from what I've seen stores can't order them at the normal discount so their prices are basically only a tiny bit cheaper than the GW store. This might change in the future; or it might not. Either way even if its the same price; spreading out the distribution potential means more market appeal potential and more chance for local stores to directly support their gamer community. 

6 hours ago, Gorks Pokin' Finger said:

With the new blackstone fortress expansion coming out we've now got everything release from the UK games expo preview in May. 

Gotrek was the next mini revealed after that so it makes sense that he is coming out soon with the book. Not sure that means anything for CoS though. The Gotrek model was part of its own Black Library thing. 

Also we've got the new hammerhal herald which is Beastgrave -amber bones are the new shadeglass apparently (looks like we're getting all bones all the time until Christmas this year). I am probably totally incorrect but I kind of expect a 'freeguild needs you!' hammerhal herald poster before the CoS release. So I think this is a hint we will see the beastgrave release very soon and before CoS.  

14-08-BeastgraveHype.png

7 hours ago, silverstu said:

The model isn't mentioned in that link [unless I missed it]. Interesting Kharadron novella coming- with a female lead character- I'd love a female kharadron character my fleet..

Female dwarf models would be really cool

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xking said:

I wonder what will be reveled at nova.

I'm expecting a full reveal of the new death faction. If cities of sigmar and orruk warclans get spells or scenery we will see it then. We might see another warcry or underworlds warband. For AOS that is the most we will see.  I expect them to do more marines stuff for 40k and another tease for the awakening.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I'm expecting a full reveal of the new death faction. If cities of sigmar and orruk warclans get spells or scenery we will see it then. We might see another warcry or underworlds warband. For AOS that is the most we will see.  I expect them to do more marines stuff for 40k and another tease for the awakening.

The full reveal of the new death faction + a warcry and / or underworld warband would be a great and huge preview.

I don't think there will be Endless spells or scenery for CoS. That battletome is imo a "wrap it up book" and be done with it.

• Confused 1

On 8/24/2019 at 3:38 PM, Tonhel said:

I don't think there will be Endless spells or scenery for CoS. That battletome is imo a "wrap it up book" and be done with it.

wouldn't a lack of faction terrain be unbalanced? its basically an additional allegiance ability and it can be used for area control. plus it wouldn't be that hard to make, and allows them to sell more stuff to people who already have full collections aswell as encourages new players and unless i am mistake all 2.0 tomes have had it. and while you may potentially be correct you also have no real evidence to base this idea off of other then the tome is only old range stuff (but so were a number of other factions) and that its a combination tome. If it wasn't squatted it is here to stay for a long while, or should be. and if so there so no reason not to have terrain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 8:38 AM, Tonhel said:

By the same logic they're no more or less of a "wrap it up" than Beasts of Chaos, who are made entirely out of pre End Times WFB models drawn from multiple armies and units borrowed from other factions, and were the first book released with both endless spells and scenery; or Flesh-Eater Courts, who've got a access to a very limited selection of WFB kits plus a single post AoS hero (we've still got the Excelsior Warpriest).

I wish people would stop dismissing Cities of Sigmar as "fantasy soup for axed armies that don't fit the setting", they've been a huge part of the background since 2016, have more novels centered around them than any army bar Stormcast, and if Games Workshop felt they didn't fit would have probably axed the entire line. They're not a load of old Empire, dwarf and elf models smooshed together to keep the grognards happy in the same way that Legions of Nagash aren't the same involving Vampire Counts and End Times undead units, they're an entirely new army,  just as valid as anything else with a 2.0 battletome.

(I'm still not sure they'll get endless spells or scenery though, their composite mini factions just seem so diverse!) 😬

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

(I'm still not sure they'll get endless spells or scenery though, their composite mini factions just seem so diverse!) 😬

Also, they have unrestricted access to Stormcast spells, so it's not like they're stuck with generic only. We might not like stormcast and prefer something unique, but still, we're getting them without need to ally anything and without compromising allegiance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

By the same logic they're no more or less of a "wrap it up" than Beasts of Chaos, who are made entirely out of pre End Times WFB models drawn from multiple armies and units borrowed from other factions, and were the first book released with both endless spells and scenery; or Flesh-Eater Courts, who've got a access to a very limited selection of WFB kits plus a single post AoS hero (we've still got the Excelsior Warpriest).

I wish people would stop dismissing Cities of Sigmar as "fantasy soup for axed armies that don't fit the setting", they've been a huge part of the background since 2016, have more novels centered around them than any army bar Stormcast, and if Games Workshop felt they didn't fit would have probably axed the entire line. They're not a load of old Empire, dwarf and elf models smooshed together to keep the grognards happy in the same way that Legions of Nagash aren't the same involving Vampire Counts and End Times undead units, they're an entirely new army,  just as valid as anything else with a 2.0 battletome.

I am not saying they don't fit the setting. What I am saying is that the battle tome feels like a wrap it up book and nothing will happen with it miniature wise for a long time (ignoring new Stormcast). 

In a couple of days it's NOVA. If nothing is shown for CoS, than it's pretty clear that it will be only a battletome. Which says enough. As all other previous released battletomes had something new in the form of mini's, scenery or spells.

46 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

wouldn't a lack of faction terrain be unbalanced? its basically an additional allegiance ability and it can be used for area control. plus it wouldn't be that hard to make, and allows them to sell more stuff to people who already have full collections aswell as encourages new players and unless i am mistake all 2.0 tomes have had it. and while you may potentially be correct you also have no real evidence to base this idea off of other then the tome is only old range stuff (but so were a number of other factions) and that its a combination tome. If it wasn't squatted it is here to stay for a long while, or should be. and if so there so no reason not to have terrain. 

It seems that the old Watch tower will come back as the faction terrain piece. Alteast that is what I read somewhere. 

12 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I am not saying they don't fit the setting. What I am saying is that the battle tome feels like a wrap it up book and nothing will happen with it miniature wise for a long time (ignoring new Stormcast). 

Blah, sorry if I seemed like I was being short. 😞

Still holding out for a Beastgrave warband! 😀😀😀😀