The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I'd bet the underworlds destro faction will be Ogor based and maybe a Bonesplitterz warband. 

I'd wager a BCR hunter and some kitties. 

Also, personally, I'd rather see yhetees become some kind of frost Troggoth just to unify the setting a bit. 

The way they handled the BoC warband is brilliant. Make a new warband for Underworlds and at the same offer a new plastic hero for the AoS range in one swoop, to replace the somewhat aged resin model.

I certainly hope they'll repeat that with a Bonesplitterz warband, making a new wardok or wurrgog prophet (or even both) appear in that plastic kit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DinoTitanedition said:

The woods theme sems to fit in Underworlds and if I remember right, there was a speartip teasered quite some time ago.

spear rumor confirmed as the beastmen warband in Beastgrave starter box

2 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I'd bet the underworlds destro faction will be Ogor based

How would that work do you think? There couldn't be more than 2 ogors, if that, since even stormcast are only at 3 models for a warband..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Overread said:

2) The marauders kits are very old and outdated.

4 hours ago, Overread said:

4) Chaos warriors and knights are old

I keep seeing bundling marauders/horsemen and warriors/knights kits together and I don't get it, really.  Warriors and marauders are 5-6 years older than the other two, and that's in the time period where plastics quality jumped way forward. To compare - knights and horsemen are contemporary to kits such as stegadon and drakespawn knights, while warriors and marauders are from the same era as  brettonia and original tomb kings release. Or skaven night runners. I think they should be regarded separately and no one should be surprised if foot versions go and mounted ones stay.

• Like 4

I can see cutting the Slaves to Darkness heroes in finecast because its multiple models GW has to stock and cast up all in finecast (a material no one likes and has a much higher error rating than any other material); and in the game rules they are all the same model. Why keep three or four "exalted heroes" around when they can cut them from the range. 

Finecast is most certianly on the way out; unlike resin, finecast has an insanely high rate of failed castings and when those failures happen they are often quite big areas of detail with bubble bursts causing issues. It's a material that never worked for them and which is on its last legs. Any chance the ycan get to remove it is a good chance. 

14 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

spear rumor confirmed as the beastmen warband in Beastgrave starter box

How would that work do you think? There couldn't be more than 2 ogors, if that, since even stormcast are only at 3 models for a warband..

That one is easy. Butcher+Grots, or Hunter+cats.

50 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

I don't think there was necessarily anything to "drop".  They added a handful of models with the StD keyword.  That could be the end of the story. 

A plausible outline of events is this:  they planned to make a handful of StD models, then they made a handful of StD models, then they were finished with StD. 

The only reason we expected a Darkoath/StD/Everchosen combined battletome is because to many in the community it makes sense that they would do it.  That's literally as far as the rumour goes - it makes sense to some people in the community for them to do it.  They didn't say they were going to do it, nobody (as far as I know) credibly overheard they were going to do it, nothing.  It just makes sense to some people that they would do it, and hence "they were going to do it, and since it hasn't happened yet they must have delayed it", and not "hey that thing we made up never happened - maybe it's something wrong with us and not with them".  Haha.

Darkoath have always been in Slaves tab whilst Everchosen is also in the store tab and has been since the store revamp around Christmas. 

In addition Darkoath and Everchosen basically have nothing to their name. Everchosen has 2 kits unique to itself whilst Darkoath only has 2 leader models and a warband from Underworld (which doesn't really influence the main game as the warband rules are ok but not outstanding for AoS regular - the Underworld bands are clearly not designed to be core game units unlike the Warcry Warbands which are clearly better suited in design to slot into an army). 

Honestly the only surprise is that GW didn't do a Dark Oath warband. It might also be that GW is going to change Slaves to Darkness into Darkoath or somesuch. Even when DarkOath were appearing everyone was all "but these are just slaves to darkness".

I mean I can still hope that we see Warqueen with a chariot pulled by warhounds but I don't think so. 

6 hours ago, Hankster said:

Hey Hivemind, I just heard a rumor over on FB that Tzeentch is getting a new battletome this fall and Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen has been pushed to next year. 

Does that match up with anything anyone else has heard?

GW let us peek on some new battleplans like they did for the Sylvaneth. All those Battleplans are Tzeench vs someone else.

At this point Tzeench is all but confirmed i would say.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/13/forbidden-power-ritual-carnagegw-homepage-post-3/

1 hour ago, tom_gore said:

The way they handled the BoC warband is brilliant. Make a new warband for Underworlds and at the same offer a new plastic hero for the AoS range in one swoop, to replace the somewhat aged resin model.

I certainly hope they'll repeat that with a Bonesplitterz warband, making a new wardok or wurrgog prophet (or even both) appear in that plastic kit.

And Freeguild! And Disposessed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Overread said:

I mean I can still hope that we see Warqueen with a chariot pulled by warhounds but I don't think so. 

That would be so dope 😍

I don’t have a picture near me but I converted my chariots to be pulled by cold ones but I just remember I have to more to build! You can be dang sure my ‘champion’ one is going to be pulled by a warqueen! I’ve been eyeing that model since release and haven’t found a reason to buy it until now! 

Edited by Kramer

7 minutes ago, Kramer said:

That would be so dope 😍

I don’t have a picture near me but I converted my chariots to be pulled by cold ones but I just remember I have to more to build! You can be dang sure my ‘champion’ one is going to be pulled by a warqueen! I’ve been eyeing that model since release and haven’t found a reason to buy it until now! 

Warqueens pulling a chariot would be more of a Slaanesh thing, wouldn't it?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Warqueens pulling a chariot would be more of a Slaanesh thing, wouldn't it?

I was going to say surely the warqueen should be riding the chariot - those pulling should be some large hound models! 

Either chaos Warhounds https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Monsters-Of-Chaos-Warhounds-Of-Chaos-2018

Or perhaps fenrisian wolves https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Wolves-Fenrisian-Wolf-Pack-2017

I'm not sure how they compare size wise against each other. I've got some Fenrisian and two of the sculpt have a good forward running pose that would work on a chariot and they are not too much smaller than standard GW horses, though still a bit shorter. 

• Like 1

Not a rumor per say but last night I stopped by my local non-GW store to see about the few Warcry warband card sets I am missing.  I picked up the Legions of Nagash but they too are out of Iron Jaws.

He told me that if I don't see the ones I am looking for to try online as the only way he car restock them is to buy the entire box of mixed offerings.  Apparently no one locally is interested in FEC.  I am not sure what to make of them selling these cards as packages to the stores instead of on individual interest but now I am only missing FEC (which is readily available here and at the GW ) and Iron Jaws (which is currently not available around here).

One other thing I noticed about Warcry while I was going through the non-Chaos warbands is that the fighter cards themselves have no names on them, just pictures of the miniature.  This could be confusing at points if you are not using the exact miniature that they are showing I suppose but I found it odd that they don't reference the fighter name on these cards only on the overall warband card.

Surprised they didn't use the Underworlds Grave Guard miniatures for the skeletons in the LoN warband, they are so much cooler than the ones they did choose to depict.  Also interesting that this warband uses a Necromancer.  Magic users are in the warbands but not used in a hero phase/wizardly process that we are currently used to.  Makes them so much more simplified which is both good and bad.

11 minutes ago, Overread said:

I was going to say surely the warqueen should be riding the chariot - those pulling should be some large hound models! 

Either chaos Warhounds https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Monsters-Of-Chaos-Warhounds-Of-Chaos-2018

Or perhaps fenrisian wolves https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Space-Wolves-Fenrisian-Wolf-Pack-2017

I'm not sure how they compare size wise against each other. I've got some Fenrisian and two of the sculpt have a good forward running pose that would work on a chariot and they are not too much smaller than standard GW horses, though still a bit shorter. 

That is useful information. I often want ways to make more interesting mounts.

I'm not sure if the fenrisian hounds would work as mounts, like I said they are shorter than GW horses, but they've a stock build that would suit them as pulling a chariot. So chances are whilst they can pull something, they'd likely be a touch short for most current rider sculpts. - they'd have their legs on the ground. You'd need them riding in a kneeling position (like the old Demonettes rode on seekers when they were a single metal sculpt)

As an aside @zilberfrid if you're always looking for more mounts have you ever put seeker riders onto another mount? I've got spare ones from the chariot kits and it would be neat to put them onto a mount other than more seekers. I've wondered if they'd fit marauder horses or chaos knight horses (from what I gather they are a bit thin/need a bit of thigh cutting off to fit chaos knight horses)

What is everyone's thoughts on Warcry warbands getting more models?

I was noticing that most of the Chaos Warbands have only 1 Leader model while each of the other factions have at least three (minus Legions of Nagash at 1 and Nighthaunt at 2). Maybe they each get a new leader and StD/EC get six new models.

48 minutes ago, Overread said:

Nope they are already cold ones to match the realm a bit more. ;) 

Edited by Kramer

21 minutes ago, Fairbanks said:

What is everyone's thoughts on Warcry warbands getting more models?

I was noticing that most of the Chaos Warbands have only 1 Leader model while each of the other factions have at least three (minus Legions of Nagash at 1 and Nighthaunt at 2). Maybe they each get a new leader and StD/EC get six new models.

It's really hard to say what GW is going to do with the Warbands for Warcry. Right now they fit into a nice troop slot for AoS and lets not forget GW's overall plan is clearly to have people start with Warcry and blend into full AoS just like they did with Killteam. What surprised me more was that they didn't use this as an excuse to make a Dark Oath warband and then also bring the two leader models from the core game into Warcry that way.

The other risk is that they bloat the warbands with too many unique models, which means that they could end up top-loading Slaves to Darkness with too many models. Already many of the warbands have quite similar stats. 

That said I'd be surprised if they didn't give the warbands something else; though what that something might be is hard to say. They could go for cavalry or mages or heroes or leaders and such. 

For anyone who hasn't watched it yet, on last night's Warhammer Weekly Tom says he got the scoop on the rest of the year for AoS

In a nutshell, everything has gotten pushed back at least a month due to the Sylvaneth delay.

Looks like Underworlds is getting moved up potentially to next month to fill a release hole caused by this.

Cities and Orruks Tomes would be coming after or around this time as well.  No mention about spells or terrain at this point.

October is going to be Ogre tribes and the new Death faction.

Toms says all finecast from Ogres is getting the axe and that a new Butcher model will be replacing.  The cauldron will not be attached but a big ole meat feast will be the terrain feature with spells being a maw in the ground, an ever-winter thing, and a giant piece of meat (this one sounds kind of dumb to me).

The new death faction will be Mongolian-esque and feature Ogre Skeletons (!!!).  Apparently the Tithe of bones was that the Ogres offered up the skeletons of their dead once they ate them clean and it held the peace but this pact has been broken.  Archer heavy Mongolian foot and mounted skeletons.  This will be a dual/duel box it sounds like and dual Battle Tome at the same time.

Last book of the year will be Tzeentch pushing Slaves/Everchosen into the new year along with the handful of hold-outs waiting on v2.0 tomes (Seraphon and K.O. anybody else left?)

Tom has been right a lot in the past but somethings might need to be taken with a grain or two.  All sounds pretty solid to me though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Overread said:

That said I'd be surprised if they didn't give the warbands something else; though what that something might be is hard to say. They could go for cavalry or mages or heroes or leaders and such. 

LoN has a Necromancer as their leader so a mage of sorts.  Heroes and Mages can quickly tip the balance point.  One of the things they have achieved with the controlled and "low profile" nature of the members of the warbands is to keep it in a state of easy balance.  Abilities are tied to the warband itself and luck via doubles/triples etc instead of warscroll power creep.

I hope they planned properly to scale up Warcry but if not I have lots of new models and scenery for AoS which is my primary interest anyways.  And yeah, they are using this as a gateway drug to AoS and you can tell by the full page ad for the AoS Core Book on page 4 of the Warcry rule book (which I am not knocking in anyway).