The Rumour Thread

I would absolutely love a Fyreslayers box.  Not sure what they'd put in the Beastclaws box but I'd probably buy it... as long as it's soon!

Otherwise I'll have bought the extra stuff I needed.  I'd assume they won't put resin in the SC boxes so it'd probably just be a Stonehorn and a Mournfang Pack.  Which would be fine by me as I need another of each.  And that's be around the right price point/savings for such a box.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dez said:

I'm surprised we haven't heard rumor of Fyreslayers or Bonesplittaz Start Collecting boxes...Beastclaw Raiders either 8p

I guess it probably depends on stock and sales of the overall line. The Start Collecting box with the newest models is the Deathwatch one that came out after christmas and there was talk that this was down to Deathwatch being a big seller in 2016. It may be that they don't have a huge stock of fyreslayers, bonesplitters or beastclaw to offload, and their sales don't justify pushing an SC box. Yet.

Maybe it's down to having a sufficient range of plastic models to pack a £50 out? I would love a Beastclaw SC box with 4 mournfang riders and a stonehorn - fits with the others in terms  of price and savings - but not sure if it would happen.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Carnelian said:

I wasn't such a fan of the fyreslayers until I saw them in person. Took this pic at gw tottenham court road earlier today as it reminded me how bad ass the naked little dudes look

20170129_151230.jpg

Not the fyreslayers in general. i actually really like them.

Just thought their beards wearnt all that.

Not sure if it's rumour related or I want to steal the Stormcasts' thunder with it, but this is truly amazing and I didn't want to waste a new thread on it:
https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1653
http://www.peta.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Games-Workshop-Ban-Fur-Letter.pdf

I know this is a publicity measure. I know it's nothing serious.
Still just had an apoplectic fit over it.
And at least in theory, I'm in PETA's corner.

Next up, "Is it okay if my Stareagles aren't free-range?" [emoji37]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

With the models that came out for Tzeentch and now this release, I can say with some certainty that the name of the next Campaign is obvious now:

Brace for the Realmbird Wars!

I would wager there will be four books called:

-Quest for Gull-Magpie

-The Balance of Fowl

-Godbirds

-All-Birds-All-The-Time

Further, I think I can reveal all upcoming Battletome releases:

-Swifthawk Agents

-Phoenix Temple

-Spiderfang Grots are replaced with Birdbeak Grots

-Battletome Carrion for Death

I for one welcome our new Avian overlords.

Brace for next year though, when the Piscine Revenge sees more Tzeentch released, along with Nurgle, Scourge Privateers and finally the release of Fishmen!

Edited by Rogue Explorator
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

I know this is a publicity measure. I know it's nothing serious.
Still just had an apoplectic fit over it.
And at least in theory, I'm in PETA's corner.

Next up, "Is it okay if my Stareagles aren't free-range?" emoji37.png

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I dont think theyve done their research. There's a real fur trade associated that theyve missed.

But who is ever giving up kolinsky sable brushes at this point?

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chord said:

Damn!  I really really was hoping they wouldn't do stupid paint scheme rules.  Dumbest thing ever! 

It's not going to be tied to the paint schemes, they'll have the 'main' colour scheme of each chamber but there's nothing stopping you choosing a specific chamber and do your own paint scheme for it.

2 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

It's not going to be tied to the paint schemes, they'll have the 'main' colour scheme of each chamber but there's nothing stopping you choosing a specific chamber and do your own paint scheme for it.

Unless I've already painted a lot of stormcast.  This bothers me because the army has been out for so long. Had they released this when they released the stormcast, then it would have been no big deal.