The Rumour Thread

Maybe we have an indirect release date for Beastgrave.

In the List "Coming Soon to Black Library" there is a "Beastgrave" Novel written by C L Werner announced for Preorder for the September 21, 2019.

Maybe this is also the Pre-Order date for the Warhammer Underworlds Beastgrave box (after the Warcry Book came out the same day as the Warcry Box)

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Maybe we have an indirect release date for Beastgrave.

In the List "Coming Soon to Black Library" there is a "Beastgrave" Novel written by C L Werner announced for Preorder for the September 21, 2019.

Maybe this is also the Pre-Order date for the Warhammer Underworlds Beastgrave box (after the Warcry Book came out the same day as the Warcry Box)

Yep we discussed it few days back before the “squatted models” took over the thread. So almost 2 months before we will know who these Kurnothi really are, but also means there’s few more open windows for AoS release before then. Can this wave of Space Marines be only a week long? Is there hope for Cities of Sigmar in pre-order this month?

To turn these complaints back into rumours...   we know:

1. Teclis is currently martialing forces

2. Tyrion may have his own separate forces from Teclis (as only Teclis is mentioned and yet Tyrion is the god)

3. GW just basically squatted all High Elves apart from Phoenix Temple

So basically new Hyshian Aelves confirmed (Tyrion for sure, maybe Teclis) and a potential Phoenix Temple expansion (Teclis, Cities of Sigmar)

Edited by Aelven supremacy
  • Like 1

I've been trawling through the Azyr app and trying to work out what's left after Legacy factions are taken out, and those units which don't have a book that are still on sale in some form, that could/are likely to move into the Cities of Sigmar book. It's still quite a long list - those with an asterisk are very likely to find a home in a different book.

• Mistweaver Saih*
  • Tenebrael Shard*
  • Battlemage on Griffon
  • Celestial Hurricanum (& with Battlemage)
  • Luminark of Hysh (& with Celestial Mage)
  • Black Guard
  • Bleakswords
  • Darkshards
  • Dreadspears
  • Executioners
  • Sorceress
  • Sorceress on Black Dragon
  • Excelsior Warpriest
  • Flagellants
  • Hammerers
  • Ironbreakers
  • Irondrakes
  • Longbeards
  • Warden King
  • Demigryph Knights
  • Freeguild General (one version still available)
  • Freeguild General on Griffon (two versions available)
  • Freeguild Greatswords
  • Freeguild Guard
  • Freeguild Handgunners
  • Freeguild Outriders
  • Freeguild Pistoliers
  • Cogsmith
  • Gyrobombers
  • Gyrocopters
  • Helblaster Volley Gun
  • Helstorm Rocket Battery
  • Steam Tank
  • Drakespawn Chariots
  • Drakespawn Knights
  • Dreadlord on Black Dragon
  • War Hydra
  • Anointed
  • Flamespyre Phoenix (& with Anointed)
  • Frostheart Phoenix (& with Anointed)
  • Phoenix Guard
  • Assassin
  • Dark Riders
  • Shadow Warriors
  • Eternal Guard
  • Nomad Prince
  • Sisters of the Thorn
  • Sisters of the Watch
  • Wild Riders
  • Wildwood Rangers

I think all of the human and duardin units will make it into the CoS book; I'd suspect that some of the aelf units might be merged into a different book alongside new units (similar to Daughters of Khaine).

I think the book will go per keyword, so not all warscrolls will be included with the new keywords.

Plus we will have a reshuffle of those factions. A little like Deathrattle and Deadwalkers stopped to be viable options  after Legions of Nagash and you could only use GA Death or one of the Legions.

1 hour ago, Tankman said:

So as much as this frustrates me as a wanderers players, can we please keep squatting discussions in the squatting thread or respective army threads.  I came to Rumors thread to escape all the negativity and disappointment of the other threads.  Let's get back to rumors.

It is not a rumor it is also a news thread. I was told so a couple of times.

And those are real bad news for a huge chunk of people. So please let them coll down a little. In some cases people lost 15+ years of their life.

The question now must be what happens to the StD.

Archaon and his friends were the main bad guys for as long as the hobby exists. But we are in an odd place now. It's like Star Wars without Sith Lords

but fully developed Sand People and Junkers. At some point GW will have to make an announcement what the future will be. Kicking the Elves and Free People into the teeth followed right after chopping the main bad guys would be a disaster of epic proportions.

80% of the people leaving would be a huge blow to all of us and we might not recover from this one.

So let's talk about it and figure out what happens to make any transition as easy for all of us as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, SlyRebirth said:

I think all of the human and duardin units will make it into the CoS book; I'd suspect that some of the aelf units might be merged into a different book alongside new units (similar to Daughters of Khaine).

They explicitly called out "Grundstock Gunhauler" and we know of course Stormcast will be eligible. Based on Firestorm and the free cities there, I think it's safe to say that Fyreslayers, KO, Stormcast, potentially all order factions minus Seraphon and maybe Idoneth, will be able to be played with this book. 

So I don't think it's worthwhile to speculate who will "make it into the book", either you're in or your legends, basically.  
I suspect anyone belonging to an army with an existing battletome will not have their warscroll printed in this book (they are free anyway, or just buy the other books) despite being able to be a part of some city. 

I think we all know cities of sigmar is just a plot to get players with old WHFB armies to play stormcast. 

Week 1: "oh... Sure I'll take a box of longstrikes for my city army, they'll go with my freeguild". 

Month 3:"oh well... I can take as many stormcast units as I want with the city I like and still use my old guys. Might as well get a few more boxes". 

Month 12: "I used to play freeguild but then I got into stormcast and they just so so much better! Plus you the new battletome you can also buy super cool battletome supplements for each stormhost!" 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 3

37 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Archaon and his friends were the main bad guys for as long as the hobby exists.

I hate to be that guy, but while his spikey mates have always been a constant, Archaon only debuted in 1998 🤓

33 minutes ago, darkspear said:

I would like to point out that based on the Slannesh book, Tyrion is still some sort of cavalry commander leading his cavalry to battle.  

Isn't Tyrion blind now? I can see strong arguments on both sides for him leading a cavalry charge...

4 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Where do you read that?

Probably the new Slaanesh book.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

It is not a rumor it is also a news thread. I was told so a couple of times.

And those are real bad news for a huge chunk of people. So please let them coll down a little. In some cases people lost 15+ years of their life.

Archaon and his friends were the main bad guys for as long as the hobby exists. But we are in an odd place now. It's like Star Wars without Sith Lords

but fully developed Sand People and Junkers. At some point GW will have to make an announcement what the future will be. Kicking the Elves and Free People into the teeth followed right after chopping the main bad guys would be a disaster of epic proportions.

80% of the people leaving would be a huge blow to all of us and we might not recover from this one.

So let's talk about it and figure out what happens to make any transition as easy for all of us as possible.

As much as we have disagreed in the last few days, I find myself agreeing to you.

Just now, Double Misfire said:

Probably the new Slaanesh book

I know but throughout the book I didn't find clue of Tyrion leading armies

There is indeed a event in which Tyrion 'mobilises' aelven cavalries, to me it's more like a god sends his minions, rather than leading in person. Besides, isn't Tyrion blind now?

40 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Hey Kurrilino, it is okay to be eager for a StD Release, and it is okay to be a frustrated about the bad rules we have in each single GHB. I would love to see a soon StD Release as much as you would, but yet we have to keep some things low profile here as StD are only one of several factions around. Also calling Archaon the main bad guy and telling people that GW chopped the antagonist is just wrong. The current narrative focuses on Nagash as Villain. The first big Story Arc, including the Gatewars, the War against Chaos, the Quest for Ghal Maraz etc., in which  Archaon was the main Antagonist, is simply over and Archaon is not a big player in the current arc so far. Which is totaly okay, as people who love Death Factions also have the right to get Spotlight Time.

We really have several hints that GW works on StD/Darkoath and I really belive that the odds are high that GW wants this release to be good. It is just not our time yet. It will be. One Day we will be back and we will bring the Glory of Chaos back.

Also, NArratively, Warcry is the first active mention of Chaos in the big narrative Arc. Archaon is Calling, Tribes are answering. Armies will gather.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Charleston said:

We really have several hints that GW works on StD/Darkoath and I really belive that the odds are high that GW wants this release to be good. It is just not our time yet. It will be. One Day we will be back and we will bring the Glory of Chaos back

I saw an picture in the Sylvaneth Battletome that seems to be a fight between Dryads and some Warriors of Chaos. What caught my interest is that the WoC armor design is close to the Varanguard  (baroque patterns, more details, etc...) than old Warriors of Chaos design.
Maybe it's nothing, but it reminds me about War40k Chaos Space Marines update.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Isn't Tyrion blind now? I can see strong arguments on both sides for him leading a cavalry charge...

He's "Fantasy blind." Which means he can see BETTER THAN EVER.

Edited by Mutton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

51 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I saw an picture in the Sylvaneth Battletome that seems to be a fight between Dryads and some Warriors of Chaos. What caught my interest is that the WoC armor design is close to the Varanguard  (baroque patterns, more details, etc...) than old Warriors of Chaos design.
Maybe it's nothing, but it reminds me about War40k Chaos Space Marines update.

The two pictures in the new Sylvaneth Battletome that depict Sylvaneth fighting chaos troops on foot, are actually Chaos Chosen, but i would be very happy to see new sculpts indeed.