The Rumour Thread

Personally, I'm not judging miniatures anymore until I see them in real life.

Iron Golems were my least favorite Warcry band, until I actually saw them in a store. They look pretty damn good actually especially the duardin.

We'll see about those Kunorthi. Not 100% sold so far, but it gives pretty cool opportunities in terms of miniature design ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Saiken said:

Personally, I'm not judging miniatures anymore until I see them in real life.

Iron Golems were my least favorite Warcry band, until I actually saw them in a store. They look pretty damn good actually especially the duardin.

We'll see about those Kunorthi. Not 100% sold so far, but it gives pretty cool opportunities in terms of miniature design ! 

Yep same here, I was not fun of Sylvaneth Arch-Revenant model till I built it myself then I just saw how amazing it is. Those Kurnothi look better from some other angles.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Greyshadow said:

Firstly, those older dwarf models such as the old rangers and slayers are gorgeous. They have that wonderful hand made feel that oozes charm and character.

I was trying to encourage people to stop implying that old equals bad in my last post. For example, I’ve read posts here saying Freeguild Guard models are bad because they are old. People then almost assume they are rubbish. I’ve painted forty of those bad boys and they are really very nice.

Also apologies, I didn’t express myself very well in my last post.

Haha, I thought you were arguing the opposite. My bad! 
But in truth both is of course true. Old doesn't equal good, nor does it equal bad. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, xking said:

GW really need to work on how they name animals in AoS.  "Gryhp-hound" is fine, But "rocktusk prowler" is absolutely terrible.  

To me it sounds exactly what an uncivilized tribe would call the beast--it has a powerful bite with sharp teeth, and it stalks. Seems reasonable--and world-consistent--to me.

• Like 7

Perhaps Rocktusk is the name of the sub-species, and Prowler is the primary name. 

So there could be Rocktusk Prowlers, Waterfur Prowlers, Sandstone Prowlers, etc.

Or Rocktusk Prowlers, Rocktusk Sneakers, Rocktusk Jumpers. ---- Somehow I don't think this would be the way to go. 

We also have stonetusks. thunderhorns and mournfangs. Not everything must adhere to real life naming convention. Prowler is just named after his main features - rockhard tusks and it's way of hunting, it's not weird - we have animals named after their sounds (macaw, hoopoe...)

Edited by michu

1 hour ago, xking said:

How did we get the name "penguin"?  If they had called it a  "rocktusk  lion" then you would have had a point.  But what is a "rocktusk prowler"? the name is just bad.  

Let me introduce you to adorable Grey go-away-bird , a name possibly too in-your-face to exist in any sane fictional universe, and yet functioning happily in real world. I have no problem with rocktusk prowler, we really have weirder names in reality.

*Edit for additional thought:

Many of the 'proper' names like penguin are just descriptive names in different language. Penguin [pen gwyn] means white head in welsh. And then there's armadillo, possibly sounding very rocktusk'y to a native spanish speaker.

Edited by dekay
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Lots of general animal names are pretty self descriptive, esp when you deal with a species block.  Consider that  wolves have the same with timber, grey, black, manned etc....

So the Rocktusk Prowler is likely one of several subspecies of prowler cat, of which the Rocktusk is likely named for its hard-as-rock tusk teeth in its jaw. If GW were smart they could release more prowler models in the future form different subspecies, however its likely something we might only see mentioned in the lore. 

Many Latin names, for all their advanced sounding, are often just descriptive in another language. As noted above names of many beasties are often descriptive in one language or another or are sometimes linked to the person who discovers them. So we might well have Gotrek's Kraken somewhere in the world, a Kracken named after the famed hero who discovered and then likely killed it. Much like how we have species in the real world like the Temminck's Tragopan, named after Coenraad Jacob Temminck

This is simply incredible. So many recent minis in plastic gone for ever. RIP Cities of Sigmar, RIP Dispossed, RIP Wanderers. 

List of models disappearing and on last chance to buy. 

Spellweaver
Gunmaster
Waywatcher
Loremaster
Wayfinder
Unforged
Warrior Priest
Freeguild Archers
White Lion Chariot
Archmage
Dragon Noble
Dragon Blades
Thunderers 
Quarrellers 
Glade Guard
Dispossessed Warriors
Swordmasters
White Lions 
Dragonlord
Arch Lector on War Altar Of Sigmar
Skycutter
Waystrider
Witch Hunter
Organ Gun
Cannon
Freeguild General

Edited by CommodoreCass
  • Sad 8

I'm shocked about the Cannon and Organ Gun. Everything else I kind of expected; but we just had a whole mercenary company dedicated to the ironweld arsenal.

Hopefully people will find equivalencies to use in the new Cities book, like using Thunderers as Gunners, etc.

43 minutes ago, CommodoreCass said:

This is simply incredible. So many recent minis in plastic gone for ever. RIP Cities of Sigmar, RIP Dispossed, RIP Wanderers. 

List of models disappearing and on last chance to buy. 

Spellweaver
Gunmaster
Waywatcher
Loremaster
Wayfinder
Unforged
Warrior Priest
Freeguild Archers
White Lion Chariot
Archmage
Dragon Noble
Dragon Blades
Thunderers 
Quarrellers 
Glade Guard
Dispossessed Warriors
Swordmasters
White Lions 
Dragonlord
Arch Lector on War Altar Of Sigmar
Skycutter
Waystrider
Witch Hunter
Organ Gun
Cannon
Freeguild General

Don't quote them as gone until gw let's fly the list. Things could be getting reboxed

Based on this, I think we can attempt to make some conclusions: 

• Wanderers and Dispossessed are now in prime spots for expansion in the future. All their older models are going, leaving a core of solid plastic kits. 
  • Phoenix Temple remaining is a possible sign they’re in for an expansion or will form the basis of one of the high aelf factions 
  • High Aelves getting nuked probably means they’re in for a total range rework. 

Warriors and thunderers are a bit off the current scale of duardins (even compared to Longbeards, Irondrakes etc) same with the chaps in cannon and organ gun. Unforged I hope to be reboxed, renamed and reworked from the ground up.

I love those minis and I own a bouch of them BUT things have to go forward, for the health of the game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Warriors and thunderers are a bit off the current scale of duardins (even compared to Longbeards, Irondrakes etc) same with the chaps in cannon and organ gun. Unforged I hope to be reboxed, renamed and reworked from the ground up.

I love those minis and I own a bouch of them BUT things have to go forward, for the health of the game.

In the dwarf line only the unforged is a surprise, everything else was to be expected right? 

Only I don’t think he’ll come back. I reckon the Mohawk will be a fyreslayer exclusive from now in 

Just now, Kramer said:

In the dwarf line only the unforged is a surprise, everything else was to be expected right? 

Only I don’t think he’ll come back. I reckon the Mohawk will be a fyreslayer exclusive from now in 

Exactly. I would be sad if he's gone, such a beautiful model. 

Useless on the battlefield but really a stand out between all the other "rank and file" style models.

Anyhow, as I said, no looking back.🍻

• Like 4

I'm sad: most aelves: gone. Free people: volkmar (why?????????), archers, and most important: CANON (why? but why? I don't understand this one! why?????????????), gone. Several nice looking  human heros gone.

This is brutal. I'm not optimistic with my actual free people army. Several (many) entries are gone. Same for elves.