The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, buffalozap said:

I count 4 in the picture with at least another two on the way.  My dark elves have exactly two, darkshards and repeater bolt throwers. Stormcast is already spoiled for choices in the ranged department.

The guy with the 'cannon' is a judicator.  

Stormcast are a very slow army.  Judicators are very soft ranged.  Prosecutors are costly and short ranged.  Adding options that bring fast units and a ranged threat that forces opponents to move gets SC off the teleporting rock.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Nope, because that isn't what I said.  You quoted me incorrectly.

I think I get what you're saying.

Stormcast need new units that are simultaneously: fast, long ranged, high armor, multi wound, high damage, high rend, mortal wound dealing, low points cost. Right?

You say that if they get that they will stop needing to teleport in order to dominate all the tournaments?

I tend to agree with you.

• Like 1

Really cool stuff! The gryph chargers look ok'ish, but difficult to tell from the picture. Their axes seem very light compared to the stormcast.

The balistas look awesome. Must be awesome in gameplay as well(?) 36" range(?)

The general is cool although I still like the battlecat better so far.

3 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

The guy with the 'cannon' is a judicator.  

Stormcast are a very slow army.  Judicators are very soft ranged.  Prosecutors are costly and short ranged.  Adding options that bring fast units and a ranged threat that forces opponents to move gets SC off the teleporting rock.

Judicators are by no means soft. W2 4+ with half their damage output coming from the last two wounds in the unit is nails hard. They also tend to be able to reach pretty much whatever they want, at M5 24". Prosecutors with Javelins are also quite cost efficient with perfectly presentable range. Maybe the new units are really good and do change the SC meta, but it won't be because Judicators and Prosecutors aren't cutting it.

I would like to comment on the range options of the current stormcast units.

The example of the Tempestors and the Crossbow Judicators is a moot point as a 12inch range is no ranged threat and with the stats it has they actually can't do any notable damage. Specifically the Tempestors crossbows are for their -1 to hit debuff rather than actually killing anything...

The Judicators with the longbows are a very decent unit, but their main saving grace is that they are battleline. Other-wise I don't see them at 160pts being that mauch of a threat as they do an average of 3 wounds on a 4+ save unit. For these points there are better shooting units out there.

The Prosecutors with javelins are nice but if your shooting unit must enter 18 inches in order to shoot you very much risk them getting charged, arcane bolted etc...

That said I do not feel the need for more shooting units for stormcasts, but as daedalus81 has said some speed and some long range shooting will help get the Stormcasts away from the need to do Warrior Brotherhood all the time...

• Like 1

The Dwarf Giants

New Bloodbowl figures released today. I know they have been seen before and its not necessarily new, however I love the models and wonder if this is a direction the new Duardin will follow. I really love these sculpts, they look beefier and more heroic which really is kind of AoS's whole direction. Any thoughts if these could pave the way for the new models?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Siegfried VII said:

I would like to comment on the range options of the current stormcast units.

The example of the Tempestors and the Crossbow Judicators is a moot point as a 12inch range is no ranged threat and with the stats it has they actually can't do any notable damage. Specifically the Tempestors crossbows are for their -1 to hit debuff rather than actually killing anything...

The Judicators with the longbows are a very decent unit, but their main saving grace is that they are battleline. Other-wise I don't see them at 160pts being that mauch of a threat as they do an average of 3 wounds on a 4+ save unit. For these points there are better shooting units out there.

The Prosecutors with javelins are nice but if your shooting unit must enter 18 inches in order to shoot you very much risk them getting charged, arcane bolted etc...

That said I do not feel the need for more shooting units for stormcasts, but as daedalus81 has said some speed and some long range shooting will help get the Stormcasts away from the need to do Warrior Brotherhood all the time...

I would just ignore the growing stench of sour grapes from some users. It's not reflective of anything other than a 'look at me, satisfy me' attitude. I don't think it should be allowed in a rumour thread for any release really. Same as repeated comments about how awesome the unit is. Or debates over how to use or not use them in game.

I am working on Stormcast and Beastclaws and I have a few factions I want to see and some factions I don't like at all and if any of these get releases I'll think the releases are cool. Some will be better than others for me for personal reasons, but each release represents more options for more people.

I get that people can be frustrated that something they want isn't yet released but unless they're 10 years old they can restrain their twitching fingers from incessant complaints on a rumour thread.

Go make posts in the discussion area where it can be discussed at length, if it's a lengthy discussion you're after.

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Nico said:

Generally agree with your post, but within reason, I don't see this as being too bad.

Hmm I am thinking of spam in that sense I think, on reflection. Like 7 people posting the screenshot of the super cool chicken commander like "I know this has been posted already but look again!" So I guess yeah, more spam than just a comment about awesomeness.

Basically, less negativity!

6 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

WOOOW! those dward sculpts are amazing. Look at all the movement those stumpy bodies have. I may just have been dragged into blood bowl by this post...

I know right!? 

Trying to work out how to get them into my dispossessed warband!

• Like 1

Honestly, that another Stormcast update just discourages me from buying them and a bit dispirits me from AoS as a game. I will repeat it once again - I don't like the concept of one super faction and other minor. Some factins are screaming for an update. Many of us still wait for new Aelves and Duardin. They want more Stormcasts? OK, do them. 2020 will be about ok.

Edited by Aryann
  • Like 1

Guys relax think about it they get a update now with a new updated version of the current tomes like sylvaneth, tzeentch etc. After this they most likely won't get another update this year or the next. To me this seems like GW just wants to get them out of the way and hopefully this may cause more variance in storm cast armies which I feel is a plus. 

Hell I am mainly a death player, so honestly people chill. 

• Like 4

As a new player the reason I don't find Stormcast getting a bump a huge problem is that the factions in need of a real boost seem to need a lot of work putting into them. I'd rather that the designers at GW had a team hard at work on getting Duardin and Aelves fixed up as a new big army, and some other folks here and there putting out a Stormcast there, a Khorne here, a new Sylvaneth there - etc

I only started collecting again around December and since then we've had a whole new army in Disciples of Tzeentch, and a new faction for the Stormcast. Just looking at last years rumour schedule, Bonesplittaz and Sylvaneth came in summer, before that there was Silver Tower, and I think Ironjawz? (don't quote me on the exact timings, I am just trawling through Bell of Souls here) That would seem to match up quite well with our current releases? Army, Boxed Game, 2x army? I am probably over simplifying things here, but I would expect GW to know that the Post Christmas slump is not the best time to release a two entirely revamped factions... but updating two factions that have prior models available due to large core releases like Silver Tower and the original game... seems much more economically sensible for the company, and those who have been waiting 6 weeks for a pay check (ahem).

I don't think the release of a few new models for the faction that the most players new to AoS likely own is a bad thing, and I don't think it takes away from the work being done on the other factions. I can't claim to know how GW's internal design teams work, but I would be very surprised if everyone ends up working on the new armies flat out. Creatives need breaks, they need to flex their artistic muscles, work out certain design kinks or styles on other things so they can keep a clarity of vision on the longer project. 

Now, if the Duardin and Aelves come out, and are bad... by all means, fire away and blame GW for being awful people who spend too long focusing on the poster boy army... but in reality I really don't see the issue with them getting Lore related releases that fit alongside Tzeentch really nicely. And as many have said... those gryphounds are prime Tzeentch Knight conversion material. I don't think that is a coincidence.

That said, if we're complaining; I would like a new Great Unclean One and a Nurgle Battletome too. All this Mortal/Daemon Nurgle stuff is bullshit also they are too slow, plz remove speed nerf ty

Edited by DynamicCalories
  • Like 3

Seems entirely sensible to get a popular faction that sells complete. It'll keep the money coming while they do the other stuff. It seems Stormcast are the perfect candidates. There's still plenty of stuff to be getting along with in the other factions and grand Alliances, I think Death is the smallest and has 50+ units.  

24 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Seems entirely sensible to get a popular faction that sells complete. It'll keep the money coming while they do the other stuff. It seems Stormcast are the perfect candidates. There's still plenty of stuff to be getting along with in the other factions and grand Alliances, I think Death is the smallest and has 50+ units.  

43 ;)

• Like 1