The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, michu said:

Ok, we now officially now that there will be some reveals on GenCon. I think some more teasers of BT, next video but mainly it will be focused on Beastgrave.

Previews-Jul29-SlimDesktop-A3fes.jpg

A word of warning about GenCon. Last year the big reveal was Munchkin. Don't expect too much. The Saturday reveal is 40k only.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

GW trade division has apparently run out of Warcry Starter sets - this is according to Dark Sphere store and news from dakka. They also said they were not expecting restocking "in the near future".

That said this is not in any way a commitment to them never getting stock nor in getting stock so its unknown if the core set will ever be re-issued. 

Also note its not made clear at what stage the stock has run out. It might be the distribution network has loads of sets in holding for sale; or on the other hand it might be that pre-orders are fighting for the last stock. It's impossible to tell and will likely very both regionally and nationally. 

• Thanks 2

No warcry for me. I just hesitated about it because I liked the decors (resell all but decors). But finally, no. Just no. I watched some reviews, tried to  read between lines (you know, those youtubers can't say to GW  "this product is bad" or they'll loose the preview with them) and the conclusion is that the system doesn't please to me. Too random. (especially with the critic damages on 6). I'll pass. 

I'm not surprised that the box is out of stock. Same story all the time.  The box is well loaded. But what will I do with it?  Plays the game? (for me, it is just NO). Reuse the units in other games? (for me NO, they are not good and don't give  much and you don't know the plan of GW selling them alone to make full units AoS). Reuse the decors? That was my main question: for AoS: maybe, but most of decors fits weird with actual ones. Finaly, I prefer investing in full decors like the recents ones dominions of sigmar (that are really versatile)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

No warcry for me. I just hesitated about it because I liked the decors (resell all but decors). But finally, no. Just no. I watched some reviews, tried to  read between lines (you know, those youtubers can't say to GW  "this product is bad" or they'll loose the preview with them) and the conclusion is that the system doesn't please to me. Too random. (especially with the critic damages on 6). I'll pass. 

I'm not surprised that the box is out of stock. Same story all the time.  The box is well loaded. But what will I do with it?  Plays the game? (for me, it is just NO). Reuse the units in other games? (for me NO, they are not good and don't give  much and you don't know the plan of GW selling them alone to make full units AoS). Reuse the decors? That was my main question: for AoS: maybe, but most of decors fits weird with actual ones. Finaly, I prefer investing in full decors like the recents ones dominions of sigmar (that are really versatile)

This is the rumor thread tho 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Overread said:

GW trade division has apparently run out of Warcry Starter sets - this is according to Dark Sphere store and news from dakka. They also said they were not expecting restocking "in the near future".

Makes sense, Killteam starter was also pretty much a one run release. We'll probably see both warbands released stand-alone, but all of these big value bundles are usually limited.

20 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Makes sense, Killteam starter was also pretty much a one run release. We'll probably see both warbands released stand-alone, but all of these big value bundles are usually limited.

They said during one of the previews that the Warcry starter set will remain in production for some time, unlike the Killteam original starter.

Edited by PaniuBraniu

2 hours ago, Kelsicle said:

RumourEngine-Jul30-Image2hhcef.jpg

I think it’s a boot! 

And a nice boot it is. Could fit with the mongolian theme the new ogre tyrant has. Allthough I don’t think this would fit an ogre... also resembles the Style of Ssyl’eske, so might be Slaaneshi. Cool pic whatever it is

17 minutes ago, elfhead said:

And a nice boot it is. Could fit with the mongolian theme the new ogre tyrant has. Allthough I don’t think this would fit an ogre... also resembles the Style of Ssyl’eske, so might be Slaaneshi. Cool pic whatever it is

I think Kemmler when I see that boot...

Or Dark Eldar (not Aelves)

As much as I would like a new Orion for wanderers (I own wood elf army with Orion and both dragons waiting) I think will not happen. Wanderers are confirmed to be at cities of sigmar book so I dont see they getting a new mini and the others dont. And when an old faction have a new mini it's a "simple" hero and Orion is not that, is an iconic Hero Lord of the wood elves (and sadly I think he died).

But said all that there is Gotrek... it could be so cool to have an iconic hero for humans, elfs and dwarfs... But dark and high elfs would cry to need to join wanderers... meh

5 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

As much as I would like a new Orion for wanderers (I own wood elf army with Orion and both dragons waiting) I think will not happen. Wanderers are confirmed to be at cities of sigmar book so I dont see they getting a new mini and the others dont. And when an old faction have a new mini it's a "simple" hero and Orion is not that, is an iconic Hero Lord of the wood elves (and sadly I think he died).

But said all that there is Gotrek... it could be so cool to have an iconic hero for humans, elfs and dwarfs... But dark and high elfs would cry to need to join wanderers... meh

I don't see what all the gloom is about. Wanderers are part of Cities yes, but so are Stormcast, KO, and Sylvaneth, it's more LON Order than the ghetto for unsupported factions some people see it as, IMO.

Just looking at Beastgrave, we have what looks like a Wild Rider/Centaur hybrid, a lion with wanderer armor and a similar tail as the Centaur, and a Wardancer looking archer that may also be a satyr. That screams DoK style release to me, and so I don't think it's unreasonable at all to see Wanderers fleshed out with new models including a new centerpiece model, and they already have an association with Kurnos.

It wouldn't literally be Orion (most likely) because he did die, but dying and coming back was always Orion's thing anyway, and if the new direction is Centaurs with stag horns and satyrs, a new version of Kurnous very similar to Orion would be perfect for that, especially since Wanderers need a God to be associated with.  In any event, it would be a re-imagning of Wanderers and so more of a large army release as opposed to factions like FEC or Sylvaneth that just got a hero and some endless spells.

The one sticking point is when something like that might fit into the schedule, since at the very least we have what looks like a large death release and a handful of other tomes coming first.

• Thanks 3