The Rumour Thread

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Agree, seems like a one week double battletome release to me. 

I do really hope this wanderers rumours come true, but I don't see another major release in 2019 after this new death faction.

Given that Wanderers are basically in the same place as StD (updated designs but no solid rumours of a wide release), I'd expect them to be a ways off, especially as CoS is looking to consolidate some of them. 

I think they announced one more chaos tome this year and neither Skaven nor Slaanesh was it. With Warcry almost available, I would guess Slaves to Darkness. It is also stange that Slaanesh had basically no mortals in their book discounting hellstriders.

Hoping  the upcoming book brings more mortal choices to our favorite Chaos gods

Edited by azdimy

8 hours ago, mikethefish said:

No, there is pretty much zero chance of that.  The terrain and endless spells are cheap little projects for their Chinese manufacturing  arm.  No way are they going to spend that much time and energy making all those variants for one single army like Cities.

They will just come up with one single model/concept that matches best with the most amount of Free Cities aesthetic, and call it a day.

I think they meant that, in the set of 3 endless spells, there could be a human one, and elf one and a duardin one or something like that. Not 3 different sets. 

4 hours ago, CommodoreCass said:

I read that they announced one more Chaos Battletome  in 2019 after the Skaven one. Isn't it supposed to be the Hedonites and leaving us with no more Chaos release this year?

No, they said at Warhammer Fest that there was still at least 1 battletome for each grand alliance to come, and that was after Slaanesh was released. 

39 minutes ago, Still-young said:

No, they said at Warhammer Fest that there was still at least 1 battletome for each grand alliance to come, and that was after Slaanesh was released. 

Well I’ve heard it so many times.

they after the skaven csm put they’ve announced that every grand allegiance will be getting a book in some way, and after khorne and Slaanesh csm our there was chitter-chatter about basically every armie getting a book till the end of this year or even the next.

so yeah I guess anything is possible 

I think we can say with almost 100% certainty that CoS will not be getting Endless spells/Terrain, i say this for a few reasons.

1. When the tomes were revealed they weren't shown. This is rarely the case, typically when we get a new tome officially announced we also see the endless spells and terrain along with it that same day. 
2. The data cards and a few models in the scheme of each city were displayed along with it. they clearly tried to make an exciting display, but had little to work with. Having the cards printed and ready with the display also makes me feel as though we're very close to the tomes release.  
3.  Games workshop had to make the recent decision of whether or not freeguild/old empire models are still worth printing. We know factories are limited, GW knows that the outrage of removing these models and the faction would not be worth it and the freeguild fanbase is somewhat substantial. They had to make changes to justify factories dedicated to printing these models when they could be printing newer, more expensive molds. This is why every freeguild box set was hit with the price increase, and the battletome made to ensure demand stays consistent. Making new kits that need more space to produce would be counter-intuitive to what they originally set out to do here.
4. I'm not sure GW really wants every faction to have their own endless spells. They want box sets like Malign Sorcery and Forbidden Power to be exciting for some factions out there, and are becoming aware that endless spell design is somewhat finite. and while yes, you can have your factions endless spells and still benefit from purchasing future endless spell boxes, it is much less exciting and less likely that someone will throw down the 60-90$ for 1 or 2 niche situational spells. 
5. As some people have said about Terrain being difficult to pick and design for every city, there's no way they could pick and choose spells. I mean collegiate arcane alone means they're supposed to have access to a diverse set of spell lores, then you'd have to think of spells for wanderers, dispossessed and etc. It's much easier to just have a later endless spell box with a few spells from generic lores that are available to every faction and keep CoS in mind while creating it.

This is all conjecture, but it makes a lot of sense to me.  Still, i do hope i'm wrong and will gladly eat my words if I am. 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:26 AM, Austin said:

I’m so confused that there is a legit, honest to goodness, highly credible rumor of a Tomb Kings-esque army IN THE NEXT THREE MONTHS.  And people aren’t freaking out.

LIKE I AM. 

I hope it for you, but I am not seeing it. What we know is that there is something coming for Death and that's it.

Edit: I also think COS will only get a battletome and warscroll cards. I see this battletome as more of a clean up with minimal investment. 

Edited by Tonhel

20 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

I hope it for you, but I am not seeing it. What we know is that there is something coming for Death and that's it.

Edit: I also think COS will only get a battletome and warscroll cards. I see this battletome as more of a clean up with minimal investment. 

Maybe this is the problem.  If you go back and read this thread...the rumor isn't what you just said.  I am not saying you are 100 percent wrong, but the rumor is a new Death faction that is very similar to the TK or an AoS-ified TK.

-edit

Start on page 1201 of this thread.  If you want the most direct version of the rumor its on page 1203.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:53 AM, SigvaldtheMagnificent said:

They should do a neoTK versus neoBrets box

tk.jpg

I love that bretonnian art. masterful photoshop sir.

On 7/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, Thomas Lyons said:

Correct. When I say TK is coming, in no way am I claiming that they will use a single old model. In fact, I would bet against them using any old models. But what is coming will be what TK reimagined in the mortal realms will look like.

I'm 90% certain they will recycle tomb guard, the sphinxs, and the snakes.

13 minutes ago, Austin said:

Maybe this is the problem.  If you go back and read this thread...the rumor isn't what you just said.  I am not saying you are 100 percent wrong, but the rumor is a new Death faction that is very similar to the TK or an AoS-ified TK.

-edit

Start on page 1201 of this thread.  If you want the most direct version of the rumor its on page 1203.

Don't get me wrong, After plastic Vampires I would be very happy with a re-use of the newer (removed) TK kits + new kits for a TK-esque army. But solong GW hasn't posted a pic of a new miniature. Imo the new Death Army could be anything.

GW has released Endless Spells and Terrain for every single Battletome for 2.0 since they started the pattern of those two releases. The only reason I can see them stopping is if the Sylvanath issue was with the terrain and spells and as a result GW is having to look for an alternative means of production. Otherwise I fully expect to see Cities and Orruks get both. Cities can easily have a few generic endless spells and then some kind of structure that units them as a theme (probably something with stormcast on it ;)). 

Orruks are even easier. 

GW didn't preview them, which is a bit surprising, but at the same time they've held things back before from launches. Remember these are the days where GW has  a lot of media output so they have to hold back info so that they've something to tease in the weeks leading up to a launch event. Holding back terrain and spells is an ideal way for them to tease it to us later. They don't need to spoil everything now because that would leave them nothing to say later and also kills the buzz too early.

As for TK Rumours remember they are only rumours and the rumours we get today are VERY weak in general compared to the past. In the past there was more pressure on GW staff to leak stuff; today with the heavy marketing and insane release rate GW has there's just far less pressure on them to risk their jobs leaking info out early when its going to come out anyway and when GW is bending over backwards to market and communicate to gamers through podcasts, blog posts, facebook, youtube videos, white dwarf etc...

1 hour ago, Mcprowlington said:

I think we can say with almost 100% certainty that CoS will not be getting Endless spells/Terrain, i say this for a few reasons.

1. When the tomes were revealed they weren't shown. This is rarely the case, typically when we get a new tome officially announced we also see the endless spells and terrain along with it that same day. 
2. The data cards and a few models in the scheme of each city were displayed along with it. they clearly tried to make an exciting display, but had little to work with. Having the cards printed and ready with the display also makes me feel as though we're very close to the tomes release.  
3.  Games workshop had to make the recent decision of whether or not freeguild/old empire models are still worth printing. We know factories are limited, GW knows that the outrage of removing these models and the faction would not be worth it and the freeguild fanbase is somewhat substantial. They had to make changes to justify factories dedicated to printing these models when they could be printing newer, more expensive molds. This is why every freeguild box set was hit with the price increase, and the battletome made to ensure demand stays consistent. Making new kits that need more space to produce would be counter-intuitive to what they originally set out to do here.
4. I'm not sure GW really wants every faction to have their own endless spells. They want box sets like Malign Sorcery and Forbidden Power to be exciting for some factions out there, and are becoming aware that endless spell design is somewhat finite. and while yes, you can have your factions endless spells and still benefit from purchasing future endless spell boxes, it is much less exciting and less likely that someone will throw down the 60-90$ for 1 or 2 niche situational spells. 
5. As some people have said about Terrain being difficult to pick and design for every city, there's no way they could pick and choose spells. I mean collegiate arcane alone means they're supposed to have access to a diverse set of spell lores, then you'd have to think of spells for wanderers, dispossessed and etc. It's much easier to just have a later endless spell box with a few spells from generic lores that are available to every faction and keep CoS in mind while creating it.

This is all conjecture, but it makes a lot of sense to me.  Still, i do hope i'm wrong and will gladly eat my words if I am. 

To be honest, as a Wanderers player, I'm really not that bothered if there are no endless spells or faction terrain.  There are plenty of endless spells already available anyway.  I'm just glad there's a book coming that we can use.  Not only that, but I can mix in other Aelves, or even free peoples and Duardin.  No more worrying about becoming legendary.  We have a future and that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Overread said:

GW has released Endless Spells and Terrain for every single Battletome for 2.0 since they started the pattern of those two releases. The only reason I can see them stopping is if the Sylvanath issue was with the terrain and spells and as a result GW is having to look for an alternative means of production. Otherwise I fully expect to see Cities and Orruks get both. Cities can easily have a few generic endless spells and then some kind of structure that units them as a theme (probably something with stormcast on it ;)). 

Orruks are even easier.

I agree 100%.

Especially as there are different Motifs in CoS, there could be a Spell for Wanderers, Collegiate Arcanum and one for Ordo Draconis f.e. Also the Terrain could be something that involves all, like a waypoint or a waytower, or something.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I can't accept a situation where every faction since some time gets its terrain and spells and two next factions don't without a reason. I believe that we are yet to see previews of those after WarCry. 

Yeah I think it's pretty clear that Cities and Orruks are getting terrain and spells.  It's been what, 7 or 8 armies in a row at this point?  I think we can safely say that this is a development strategy, rather than just a trend or fad

I strongly doubt GW would have a release of just two battletomes and nothing else... We also don’t know if they are going to be released the same week or in separate weeks as more probable since there’s no box coming with them.

If they are different weeks a release of just a tome would be super weak and I don’t think they would just mix it with other games like WU or Warcry...

On the other hand the spells could just be generic order spells usable by all Order GA wizards so that they don’t have to tie them up with a specific city or subfaction

• Like 1

I would expect the new battletome for Cities of Sigmar to come alongside the re-release for the old Firestorm boxes and the reboxing of old units in the newer boxes as new releases (any that arent the right unit size may have contents varied to match new unit sizes) and that would take up a full release week on its own.

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Aryann said:

I can't accept a situation where every faction since some time gets its terrain and spells and two next factions don't without a reason. I believe that we are yet to see previews of those after WarCry. 

To be honnest, ES specific to faction are really randomly efficient. Some are ok, but there is rarely more than one out of 3 that really shines. 1 in FEC, 1 in Skaven, 0 in NH, 0 to 1 in SCE (because now too expensive) etc...

The Decor: there is 2 parts: the miniature and the rules. Some are amazing (ex: FEC) but honestly, I can play without in some other armies (ex: SCE ). They are not really mandatory. I can see that strong design armies like orruck are easy to add a decor because they are typed visually and fluffily (is such a word exists). But not really in rules like a FEC rule was so damn fluffy. 

But for a super soup like CoS, I don't see something fits to every factions insite the tome. It'd be better to not have a decor. And probably same for ES. We have already so many ES for everyone that most of new ones are just a paraphrase to generic ones.

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mcprowlington said:

Would you like some kind of side dish with those words ;) I think they absolutely will. 

1. That reasoning would also mean no orc endless spell and no way they will miss that opportunity. I think it’s more likely they are saving that reveal as both release will contain no (besides maybe a special hero) model releases. 

2. I agree that it means it’s likely that it’s close. But just because it’s in the picture doesn’t mean it’s gone to print yet. 

3. As I understand it the endless spells are produced in China and as such wouldn’t take extra production space in their own factory. 

4. I expected the same but they all but said it various live streams that all factions would be getting some ‘because they’re cool’. So sadly all factions will get some in time. (I say sadly because some of the terrain feels forced)

5. I agree that a set for every city in the book would be to much. But designing some for the tome shouldn’t be too hard. There have been plenty of cool ideas in this thread already.  

Of course most, of not all, is conjecture on my part as well. I just don’t see them dropping this concept that they are applying across the board. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aryann said:

Well, you better ask the StD people, they don't even have a book.

If we talk unacceptable we start here.

6 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

To be fair all of the factions but Ironjaws receiving books now also didnt have a tome to begon with. Even Skaven and grotts that are very iconic only got BTs this year.

It sucks not having a tome, but i think StDs are gona receive their pretty soon.

24 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

My friend has an army of them. He doesn't play them anymore. I understand your point. He is waiting for a battletome. I'm pretty sure one day you will get that. 

7 minutes ago, Aryann said:

My friend has an army of them. He doesn't play them anymore. I understand your point. He is waiting for a battletome. I'm pretty sure one day you will get that. 

Welcome to the Cities of Sigmar/Empire/Dwarf/(non witch) Elf club. I can't wait for the new book and to actually start playing games of AoS again. My heart goes out to you StD player, I'm praying to Sigmar for your souls.. :) 

• Like 3