The Rumour Thread

16 minutes ago, Austin said:

Not referring to the picture at all. Talking about where @Thomas Lyons says TK are coming. 

14 minutes ago, Forrix said:

No evidence just a feeling that we're over due for an army consisting of either entirely new models or mostly new models. I think that will be the "Tomb Kings" release though I don't think we'll see any of the old Tomb Kings models besides the old Sphinx kit (just because it was plastic and awesome).  

Ahh okay my bad. If TK do come back let's hope the lore reason is sound then

I think the assessment of the former marketing guy on Honest Wargamer was dead on. Multi-stage marketing campaign with animated videos? That's a major release. You don't put that kind of effort/money into a small book release with a few updated models.

Basically, lets put all the marketing for Open Day in perspective:

Orruks/Free Cities, we got Book Covers and descriptions, so coming very soon, probably no new models or at least nothing worth showing off.

New Ogor Tyrant: Video with models and voiceovers, new Battlebox, battletome coming later, maybe some other models but nothing huge.

The Tithe: Animated video with voice over, part one of at least a two part series, new army inbound.

Skipping Beastgrave because it's it's own thing, but that's also a big release, and marketed in a way to fuel speculation.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, madmac said:

I think the assessment of the former marketing guy on Honest Wargamer was dead on. Multi-stage marketing campaign with animated videos? That's a major release. You don't put that kind of effort/money into a small book release with a few updated models.

Basically, lets put all the marketing for Open Day in perspective:

Orruks/Free Cities, we got Book Covers and descriptions, so coming very soon, probably no new models or at least nothing worth showing off.

New Ogor Tyrant: Video with models and voiceovers, new Battlebox, battletome coming later, maybe some other models but nothing huge.

The Tithe: Animated video with voice over, part one of at least a two part series, new army inbound.

Skipping Beastgrave because it's it's own thing, but that's also a big release, and marketed in a way to fuel speculation.

Would that be three big releases for AOS then? Ogors getting their due, new Death army/faction, and Wanderers getting a Battletome? Because Beastgrave is heavily implying Wanderers will be a Ghur faction.

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

Would that be three big releases for AOS then? Ogors getting their due, new Death army/faction, and Wanderers getting a Battletome? Because Beastgrave is heavily implying Wanderers will be a Ghur faction.

Yes and No.

Ogors I don't think will be a major release, what we've gotten so far in terms of marketing is pretty in-line with other Battle Boxes.  I just have my fingers crossed for a plastic butcher, but we'll see.

Beastgrave is heavy on implications, but I think Wanderers getting a release is quite likely further out than Ogors and the new Death Faction.  At the very least, we'll get Beastgrave and the Ogor/Death releases first. I don't think there would be room in the schedule for Wanderers sooner than Christmas/New Years, and maybe not even then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Haven't they said we get more news about all the things at AOS Open Day in the next days? Or more info on the new battletomes? So far it is only Warcry news and I have to say that I am a little bit bored of Warcry news. 

If they don't drop Part 2 for The Tithe I will be sorely disappointed...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Overread said:

Until GW shows us whole models I won't believe TK is returning in model form. Or at least I will temper my expectations and not expect it to be so. Otherwise you set yourself up for massive disappointment. 

I kinda think both sides are right.  

I believe you and the skeptics who doubt that Tomb Kings will return.  Too much of the model line looks like absolute garbage, and there's been too much other nonsense surroui the army.

That being said, we know (more or less) there will be another Death army coming out - possibly simultaneous with the Ogres.  I think there is quite a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing in the direction of a brand new army that is the spiritual successor for Tomb Kings.  By that, I mean an army that uses none of the old models, but does include Egyptian themed undead models that fit in better with AoS

1 minute ago, mikethefish said:

That being said, we know (more or less) there will be another Death army coming out - possibly simultaneous with the Ogres.  I think there is quite a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing in the direction of a brand new army that is the spiritual successor for Tomb Kings.  By that, I mean an army that uses none of the old models, but does include Egyptian themed undead models that fit in better with AoS

Correct. When I say TK is coming, in no way am I claiming that they will use a single old model. In fact, I would bet against them using any old models. But what is coming will be what TK reimagined in the mortal realms will look like.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Idk about TK returning. I‘d love it but I don‘t think it‘s likely they‘ll just return as they used to be. I guess we‘ll see something more in line with Arkhan+Ghostly Elements IF TK are to return.

I think it will hearken back to Tomb Kings, but it won't be 1:1 Egyptian Skellingtons. Close enough that if you used the old TK models they'd not look terribly out of place, but unique enough that they stand as their own thing.

A bit like the new Necrons really. It's obvious where they plucked influences from, but it's not a total 1:1 of Tomb Kings but in metal.

Or hell, even Arkhan.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

17 minutes ago, Aryann said:

GW doesn't hurry with previews of two new battletomes... 

Warcry 1st week is a 2 week window, and I believe there will be a second wave for the other 3 warbands (though it could be released alongside something. 

Warcry is released Aug 3, so it's possible that they could announce preorder date for the battletomes this Sunday, and start previewing after, but it could be an additional week. 

15 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Warcry 1st week is a 2 week window, and I believe there will be a second wave for the other 3 warbands (though it could be released alongside something. 

Warcry is released Aug 3, so it's possible that they could announce preorder date for the battletomes this Sunday, and start previewing after, but it could be an additional week. 

On 7/21/2019 at 5:53 PM, Walrustaco said:

Warcry go away. Give battletomes instead 😖

It's called warcry because I cry when I have to hear about it

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Walrustaco said:

It's called warcry because I cry when I have to hear about it

Don't worry it will be hear soon and you can get your fix of chaos cultist warriors of the dark gods. You too can join the seething masses in crying out wild worship of your patron gods as you slaughter those lesser than you in proof of your fidelity to your chosen god

• Like 1

So GenCon is next week, any idea what might be revealed there? I know it's not necessarily the most exciting reveal for most of us because it's mostly boardgames, but we did get Adeptus Mechanicus last year and a full release of LotR.

• I guess we'll hear more about the games they showed at ToyFair in February.
  • They might reveal the models for the last two Warcry warbands and/or give us release dates for the other 3 warbands.
  • Probably more details about the upcoming Underworld Season.
  • A Scrabble game where "Sigmar" is accepted and "Emperor" scores extra points.
  • A boardgame with no minis about StD vs Tomb Kings, for maximum salt!
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

So GenCon is next week, any idea what might be revealed there? I know it's not necessarily the most exciting reveal for most of us because it's mostly boardgames,

Ironically GenCon was originally a wargaming convention, before the advent of D&D changed things up a bit. Although since Warhammer is very much a post D&D wargame that doesn't mean much...

19 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Correct. When I say TK is coming, in no way am I claiming that they will use a single old model. In fact, I would bet against them using any old models. But what is coming will be what TK reimagined in the mortal realms will look like.

I hear ya.  At first I didn't think much of your prediction at all, but especially after that dissertation about the latest rumor engine (stela was it?), I am more convinced you are right.

10 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

I hear ya.  At first I didn't think much of your prediction at all, but especially after that dissertation about the latest rumor engine (stela was it?), I am more convinced you are right.

While I am tempted and no problem in believing Tom, it could also be another scenery piece matching the current Dominions of Sigmar set or and endless spell...

My out there theory is zombie/deathrattle ogres will be the new death faction.  The pact of bones that was broken was an agreement not reanimate dead ogres.  This could give death a purely elite focused faction which they currently lack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

33 minutes ago, Tankman said:

My out there theory is zombie/deathrattle ogres will be the new death faction.  The pact of bones that was broken was an agreement not reanimate dead ogres.  This could give death a purely elite focused faction which they currently lack.

This would be the most amazing guess if it turns out to be true! 

• Like 1