The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

So,  back on topic.  How long do you think it is going to take for someone to kit bash/sculpt halflings for our new CockCavalrytm ?

Edit: Cockchargerstm  maybe? Cockrid...nm.

12735737_1654289311499346_862476548_n.jpg

Are you trying to bait me into getting into trouble with the Mods? :)

Aqshy Chicken Grots could be deciphered as hot...something...Goblins....dammit my inappropriate meter is going off the scales now!

25 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

So,  back on topic.  How long do you think it is going to take for someone to kit bash/sculpt halflings for our new CockCavalrytm ?

Edit: Cockchargerstm  maybe? Cockrid...nm.

12735737_1654289311499346_862476548_n.jpg

They're riding a Cockerell into battle ;)

Hope they oiled up as a lot of physical activity such as..fighting.. can cause chaffing, and they'd feel sore after. :o

17 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I actually really like the new mounts. Looks gun to paint. If only there wasn't a stormcast on top of it. Allthough I even like the sleeker look of these scouts. 

I wonder though, will we ever see a horse again, or only fantasy beasts? The pelts these new stormcasts are wearing don't really look like they come from weird fantasy beasts...

Agree with you on all fronts.

I'd of like to of seen some roided out lightning stallions for SE but these are just as cool I suppose.

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

These standard chargers should be easier than the Dracothian Guard to paint imo. Fewer scales and less armour on the mount. Big flat skin areas.

Interestingly, I find the opposite to be true for me. Large flat areas require much more careful blending than areas broken up into sections, like scales.

Give me a saurus to paint over a marine any day!  ☺

• Like 4

Seriously they are releasing another Stormcast force? Why can't they focus on  any of the other races who haven't been touched since fantasy was still around instead of the stormcast who have so many different variations it's not funny give us a mortal human force for a change I want to see the forces who occupy the human cities which always get mentioned but never get a full fluff rundown 

Edited by Harbinger-of-Nurgle
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harbinger-of-Nurgle said:

another Stormcast force

Come on now, the stormcast eternals need a third type of crossbow infantry WAY more than elves need a proper release of any kind.

And clearly it is much better that stormcast receive more mounted troop options than dwarves or undead getting a battletome.

Right?

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

We know Duardin are coming.  Patience is a virtue.

There's a misplaced belief that the release of one thing has stopped work on another. In reality everything sits in its place in a long chain of releases in varying degrees of progress.

• Like 2

A bit like, "Why are stormcast getting another release? Instead of more stormcast why not release nothing, put these stormcast on a shelf, and still release the thing I want when it was due to be released in the first place! Seems like a no brainer to me!"

:P

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Interestingly, I find the opposite to be true for me. Large flat areas require much more careful blending than areas broken up into sections, like scales.

Give me a saurus to paint over a marine any day!  ☺

See I paint each scale like it's a small flat area. So fewer large flat areas work!

I can only be happy drybrushing fur on mounts, not the scales really.

Edited by Turragor

6 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Looks like that art from the new WHQ was indeed the box art.  In other news, apparently it already has a box.  Rob said it was coming "soon" on Warhammer Weekly this week; maybe he wasn't joking ...

igor-sid-d5uoxkw93q42.jpg

From https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/1646

Wow, that suprise me. I guess the antagonists could be tzeentch this time too.  

As it's set in Hammerhal, I guess one side of the dungeon tiles is set in the Ghyran side and you fight Nurgle and the other is in the Aqshy side and you fight Khorne, and then you fight Tzeentch everywhere because of general tzeentch shenanigans. I CAN'T WAIT! :D 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CJPT said:

"YOU! YES, YOU! Do you wish to ride... THIS MAJESTIC CHICKEN?????????"

Living around Stormcast has to be a bit much, sometimes.

I want to ride the majestic chicken! That is the life for me. I'm super excited bout my Stormcast getting a whole lot weirder!

1 hour ago, bottle said:

As it's set in Hammerhal, I guess one side of the dungeon tiles is set in the Ghyran side and you fight Nurgle and the other is in the Aqshy side and you fight Khorne, and then you fight Tzeentch everywhere because of general tzeentch shenanigans. I CAN'T WAIT! :D 

Didn't think of that. Makes sense! 

Also means at least two tile themes hopefully.

Looks like someone removed the feathers from Karl Franz' Deathclaw ride.

But honestly, did we need even more Stormcasts? I get that they are the poster boys, but the releases are literally 50% SCE by now. It makes for a boring game. Do something from neglected factions. Pretty please?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Immersturm said:

Looks like someone removed the feathers from Karl Franz' Deathclaw ride.

But honestly, did we need even more Stormcasts? I get that they are the poster boys, but the releases are literally 50% SCE by now. It makes for a boring game. Do something from neglected factions. Pretty please?

Stormcast are starting to feel like Sw MUAHAHHAHAHA ;)