The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

the Head on the right. Did I miss this? This could be the Wild Beast Warband or be connected to Shadespire (judging from the Artstyle)

I guess it will be the logo for season 3, since it is similar to the previous ones ;)

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

the Head on the right. Did I miss this? This could be the Wild Beast Warband or be connected to Shadespire (judging from the Artstyle: the way the Head is presented, hexagons in the back) looks like Amber-Aekfes to me :D a more primal form of Wanderers.

Yeah, it looks clearly like the new head banner for Underworlds Beastgrave. I think it will be a "savage" new season with traps, guérilla warfare and pets. Wanderers, Beastmen and Boneplitterz would fit very well in this Xpac.

Whoa ok, this image from the community site is new.

New bad guy: definitely has a nose.  And a lot of mouths if you want to interpret it that way. Deither Helsnicht had a lot of mouths when we last saw him in the End Times so my money's still on him.

AGUWe2N.jpg

Edit: whoops @JackStreicher I didn't see your post there! Sorry :( 

Edited by Double Misfire
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Whoa ok, this image from the community site is new.

New bad guy: definitely has a nose.  And a lot of mouths if you want to interpret it that way. Deither Helsnicht had a lot of mouths when we last saw him in the End Times so my money's still on him.

AGUWe2N.jpg

I say it represents the mawtribes, what with the bones and the ogoresque face. Plus the tithe video made it clear that it was a character for death, seeing as how there was no mention of the world that was.

1 minute ago, TheR00zle said:

I say it represents the mawtribes, what with the bones and the ogoresque face. Plus the tithe video made it clear that it was a character for death, seeing as how there was no mention of the world that was.

I don't see anything ogoresque on his face. The face is to thin to be an Ogor face. However this would be a cool aesthetic for Ogors. But I don't think it looks like an Ogor in any way.

12 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

The speaker in the video's the great and terrible force, awakened at the end of Forbidden Power, who's stated to be and old ally/servant of Nagash's from the Age of Myth, and is heavily implied, if not outright stated to be from the old setting. :) 

If that's an ogre face then the picture on the far left is of a High Elf. 😜 

Edited by Double Misfire

I hope they change the whole aesthetic with the announcement of Season 3 being in Ghur. Two seasons in Shadespire was nice and all, but "Beastgrave" really should not be in blue/purple/teal undead/glass tombs.

Overgrown temples, dried needle woods, boneyards, heavy brown/orange/olive colourpalette would be awesome!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

The speaker in the video's the great and terrible force, awakened at the end of Forbidden Power, who's stated to be and old ally/servant of Nagash's from the Age of Myth, and is heavily implied, if not outright stated to be from the old setting. :) 

If that's and ogre face then the picture on the far left is of a High Elf. 😜 

As others have said, I’m pretty sure that art is from Underworlds series 3. It matches previous art style for Underworlds and fits the bestial/wild theme. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DerZauberer said:

I hope they change the whole aesthetic with the announcement of Season 3 being in Ghur. Two seasons in Shadespire was nice and all, but "Beastgrave" really should not be in blue/purple/teal undead/glass tombs.

Overgrown temples, dried needle woods, boneyards, heavy brown/orange/olive colourpalette would be awesome!

Chances are good that it will have a completely different aesthetic for it's boards and card art since it's supposed to take place in Ghur, I would guess you can probably use you're old Shadespire/Nightvault boards still though since I believe the narrative is that there is a  rift or multiple rifts connecting the Beastgrave to Shadespire. I reckon we'll definitely see a more brown,green and amber colour pallet for it that's for sure.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DerZauberer said:

I would also like more Ghur-themed AoS terrain in general. More mountains, caves and bone-structures.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 5:56 AM, Overread said:

Aye but then again teh lore has had them working together for a long while though its a bit of a surprise to put all the aelves into a tome along with humans and dwarves. WE might see it fragment later but right now it commercially makes sense to get AoS up to speed faster

Have they ever said the World That Was animosity kept up in the Mortal Realms? afaik there's no War of the Beard here... it would be kind of stupid to continue that grudgin' without a serious fracture in the Order Alliance storyline.

1 hour ago, obaobaboss said:

Don't know if it was already discussed here, but someone pointed out to me that on this picture: 

GLZQp4IW7n_752VAMHswUkPqML8IYluaM2K9JKg4

it could be, that this silouette on the left could be a lion thing like the one from the preview in front of a satyr-aelf. 

ya3vwoswdlx21.jpg

It is not quite the same, the hair on the feet, the tail and the mane don't fit exactly. So it had to be a another lion-miniature. Not sure about it, could be a centaur, could be a combined silouette of a lion and an aelf. 

Edit: looking at the video again at 0:23 it seems to be the same centaur-creature from a different angle.

I was about to say, that's definitely a hoofed lower body. Wanderers seem weird to start with rather than Hysh or Ulgu aelves, but maybe there's more truth to that Wanderer x Ogor box rumor (which would also mean new ogor tome) that people have been throwing around.

23 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Have they ever said the World That Was animosity kept up in the Mortal Realms? afaik there's no War of the Beard here... it would be kind of stupid to continue that grudgin' without a serious fracture in the Order Alliance storyline.

Nope! Iirc Gotrek even comments on it in Realmslayer (though obviously everything made by and aelf is obviously of vastly inferior craftmanship, their wine tastes like watered down mud, and their inability to grow facial hair marks an obvious untrustworthyness) 

There's no greenskin grudge either, I've even got a couple of gnoblar spotters parked on my artillery bases.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

34 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I was about to say, that's definitely a hoofed lower body. Wanderers seem weird to start with rather than Hysh or Ulgu aelves, but maybe there's more truth to that Wanderer x Ogor box rumor (which would also mean new ogor tome) that people have been throwing around.

It's surprising given the greater lore prominence given to Teclis/Tyrion/Malerion, but in retrospect, it makes a certain amount of sense.

Wanderers are at least a coherent faction with decent lore, a unit line that's already almost fully reboxed, and GHB abilities. Fixing them is a lot easier to do than the old High Elves/Dark Elves and they've proven decently popular already for a non-battletome army. Not in a competitive sense, but they definitely seem like the sell better than the other left-over elves.

The Free Cities book is going to be very interesting because it's pretty much the first big culling/rework for old order models, and will probably give a decent idea what GW plans are for Hysh/Ulgu Aelves and Dispossessed in the long run.

Was just looking through some of the info released and was drawing some threads, that may be tenuous but might paint a picture as to what we're seeing in the last two videos of the reveal; the mentioned underworlds army and the final tithe of bone video. Now you may have to bare with me here but i think some of this lines up so we begin here: 

<iframe src='https://players.brightcove.net/5778310444001/tEqh4qwjNN_default/index.html?videoId=6061545295001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

so the warband has bows and melee weapons
It mentions directly that the curse of the Katophrane followed them, guessing Stormcast narrator, out of Shadespire

which brings us here:
https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Katophrane
read the society section for ticking the box here on the weapons.

Next we have old ugly:
04DE2536-7434-43E1-A9A9-4CD428268E09.jpe

looks pretty similar to:
s-l300.jpg

In design at least this seems too close to not be the same headdress even if it is now a gruesome morph by comparison.

So by now i'm pretty confident that the new warband is the Katophranes, as for how this lines up with the tithe of bones video we have this character:
https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Makesh

could this be our main contender as who is being portrayed here? 
Katophrane: yep
Wanabe necromancer: yep
Potentially twisted by Nagash and brought back to undeath: I can't see why not
Smashed by sigmar: ? jury is out on that but i certainly see a big old whole in his narrative that could be exploited and filled as such
Escaped from a prison: ? Maybe depends on what you class as a prison, shadeglass? stormvault? death itself? Temple he died in before his soul flew off?

<iframe src='https://players.brightcove.net/5778310444001/tEqh4qwjNN_default/index.html?videoId=6061538769001' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe>

So in conclusion new army/extension to nagash: Battleome Katophranes + a warband to go with them?

Even if the battletome part might be a miss, which for sure i can accept, seems close enough that the warband will be the Katophranes possibly lead by Makesh. But hey it's all speculation here right...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

Nope! Iirc Gotrek even comments on it in Realmslayer (though obviously everything made by and aelf is obviously of vastly inferior craftmanship, their wine tastes like watered down mud, and their inability to grow facial hair marks an obvious untrustworthyness) 

There's no greenskin grudge either, I've even got a couple of gnoblar spotters parked on my artillery bases.

Well thank the gods then... been waiting far too long to see dwarves and elves actually team up, with none of the overdone "allies by necessity" trope.

52 minutes ago, madmac said:

Wanderers are at least a coherent faction with decent lore, a unit line that's already almost fully reboxed, and GHB abilities. Fixing them is a lot easier to do than the old High Elves/Dark Elves and they've proven decently popular already for a non-battletome army. Not in a competitive sense, but they definitely seem like the sell better than the other left-over elves.

That part does make sense; the new models they are adding are obviously cavalry, and it does flesh out that big question of "what happened to the elves that didn't become Sylvaneth?" -- it looks like the answer is that they melded/transformed with their beasts in the same way the sylv revenants melded with dryads/Athel Loren(?)

The similarity in style certainly isn't an indicator that it's one of the katophranes, just that it's exactly the same kind of icon/visual element as was used for both Shadespire and Nightvault. I would be very surprised if this isn't what we'll see on the cover of the Beastgrave rulebook or on the generic Beastgrave cards. It's not an ogre and it's probably not a new army.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Spotted this on the Death Grand Alliance Facebook page...

6A31A587-3E47-4313-B9F0-8C495E00B420.jpeg.f0ce7efea22d9c56219b7ea976ea0e58.jpeg

Wonder what it could be?

Bottom right is probably Kemmler.. it was discussed a lot iirc

even though i am a tomb king fanboy and still play them.. new death army is probably raised by Kemmler and lead by Krell.. and my guess is that there will be chariots and stuff..so people can use their old Tomb King miniatures or buy the new "true" chariots and whatever GW releases

Kemmler.JPG

Edited by Huanchi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Redwall army!!! I could die happy if I could put armored badgers, otters, and hedgehogs on the table...

Have you heard of Burrows and Badgers?

http://burrowsandbadgers.com

They've done a few Kickstarters and I got into the last one, models are really well cast and sculpted and full of character. Whilst its not full armies its a neat skirmishing game 

• LOVE IT! 1