The Rumour Thread

On the topic of where does the music from The Tithe Part 1 Necropolis, come from, I think at the end you can hear Mongolian style throat singing doing the bass drone. To me that suggests a more Asian and less Celtic origin.

Not sure about the accent though. Could be chinese/mongolian/Eastern european/Indian filtered through a British actor

Edited by Carnelian

I think it's a mistake to try to use real world references to get a feel for what Tithe of Bones is. The music has an Asian steppes feel yes; there's potentially throat singing or synthesized throat singing yes; the architecture could be considered Khmer in style yes; there's a "northern lights" feel to what's over the building yes - but because true originality is almost non-existent, all these relationships you guys are just spotting are just the brainstorming seeds that lead the studio to develop whatever is coming.

So I think you're all mostly right but in the end it doesn't matter too much. I mean, it WILL be like something ppl are guessing but it's not a code with 1 right answer to be cracked.

The only thing I know is that I like the feel I get which is a good sign - it should be something new as it is different from all death (if it IS death) so far (death is trite and boring in AoS and needs new blood like steppe style mounted vampire archers).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Turragor said:

I think it's a mistake to try to use real world references to get a feel for what Tithe of Bones is. The music has an Asian steppes feel yes; there's potentially throat singing or synthesized throat singing yes; the architecture could be considered Khmer in style yes; there's a "northern lights" feel to what's over the building yes - but because true originality is almost non-existent, all these relationships you guys are just spotting are just the brainstorming seeds that lead the studio to develop whatever is coming.

100% this. This sounds like a release which will have some real world elements in it but it’s been jumbled up and turned to AOS. Don’t forget that Kharadron Overlords and Idoneth Deepkin are jumbled up from what some players were used to. Why would this release be no different? 

8 hours ago, Walrustaco said:

what if - get this - the Ogors vs X battlebox was Ogors vs ... More Ogors?

ᵀʰᶦˢ ᵖᵒˢᵗ ʷᵃˢ ᵐᵃᵈᵉ ᵇʸ ᵗʰᵉ ᴼ ᴳ ᴼ ᴿ ᵍᵃⁿᵍ

I would love this but I don’t think it will happen 😭

It could be Ogors vs orruks. The pact of bones that has been broken being an alliance between the two. That way we would see a new plastic sculpt to support the battletome release for those two factions as well. 

I don't think they would do a box with an all new faction as one side and then an older WHFB faction as the other. 

29 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Spotted this on the Death Grand Alliance Facebook page...

6A31A587-3E47-4313-B9F0-8C495E00B420.jpeg.f0ce7efea22d9c56219b7ea976ea0e58.jpeg

Wonder what it could be?

My guess is it's probably a new Mortarch/whatever was released from the Stormvault in Lethis but whatever it is though I'm really excited for it.

5 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

It could be Ogors vs orruks. The pact of bones that has been broken being an alliance between the two. That way we would see a new plastic sculpt to support the battletome release for those two factions as well. 

I don't think they would do a box with an all new faction as one side and then an older WHFB faction as the other. 

Looncurse was entirely new sculpts on one side and older sculpts on the other minus a new hero.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eldarain said:

Looncurse was entirely new sculpts on one side and older sculpts on the other minus a new hero.

Only the two heroes were new models, Looncurse released a few months after the Gloomspite Gitz dropped, so all the squigs were available long before already.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Neffelo said:

This feels pretty accurate to me.

I imagine the other half is going to  be a "Deathrattle"ish army. The Skeleton models are really old, and the Skeleton warband points to some pretty good looking models.

As much as I would love them to bring back half the tomb king lineup, since I have an entire tub bubblewrapped and stored away, I don't think it's ever going to happen. 

I like the idea that the pact of bones/feast of bones and the tithe of bones are unrelated.

Skeletons can't be particular taste, but man flesh...

It makes more sense to me that the Mawtribes had an alliance with the Darkoath during the events of the Malign Portents "Pact of Bones".  Something has broken that alliance and now the Mawtribes plan to feast on the tribes of man.  So I'm guessing new army for death, box set for Mawtribes and Darkoath.

57 minutes ago, Khron said:

The Skeleton models are really old, and the Skeleton warband points to some pretty good looking models.

They are old. They are a pain to assemble. But man, they look pretty damn cute on the table, especially in horde of spear models. Love them. 

Skeleton warband looks pretty good to and you can mix match them with skellys for more variety. TBH, no need of new skeletons footmen. But a skeleton machine (catapult, charriot, etc...) or big monster (giant bone?), it is an insta buy for me.😍

22 minutes ago, Aryann said:

New Skelletons are a must. 

A little part of me would die if they did this. I don't think I could face painting another horde of skellies. Saying that, the new contrast would speed things up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Skaven metals aren't that bad though - and at least they avoid the terrible mould bubbles that fine cast suffers with. I'd far rather see GW update and fully remove all the finecast from their system!

laughs in old night runner monkey-rats

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don't know if it was already discussed here, but someone pointed out to me that on this picture: 

GLZQp4IW7n_752VAMHswUkPqML8IYluaM2K9JKg4

it could be, that this silouette on the left could be a lion thing like the one from the preview in front of a satyr-aelf. 

ya3vwoswdlx21.jpg

It is not quite the same, the hair on the feet, the tail and the mane don't fit exactly. So it had to be a another lion-miniature. Not sure about it, could be a centaur, could be a combined silouette of a lion and an aelf. 

Edit: looking at the video again at 0:23 it seems to be the same centaur-creature from a different angle.

Edited by obaobaboss
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, CommodoreCass said:

I don't think skeletons will be update, they are already in a AoS box with round bases.

My whole hype for Deathrattle (and it was huge) is now gone. Old models are like from ancient times, different game for me. Can't accept them keeping in mind they will be backbone of that army. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Aryann said:

My whole hype for Deathrattle (and it was huge) is now gone. Old models are like from ancient times, different game for me. Can't accept them keeping in mind they will be backbone of that army. 

The skeletons are still great. I don‘t see any reason for an update?

• Like 3

04DE2536-7434-43E1-A9A9-4CD428268E09.jpeg.58e08d506cfbae56cd2dd2e93df7666c.jpeg

the Head on the right. Did I miss this? This could be the Wild Beast Warband or be connected to Shadespire (judging from the Artstyle: the way the Head is presented, hexagons in the back) looks like Amber-Aekfes to me :D a more primal form of Wanderers.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1