The Rumour Thread

On the BCR side of things, just adding an underworld warband that was a Hunter+kitties would almost solve their finecast problems in one go, and be a cool Warband to boot! I think there's actually a rumor about something like that this season...

Right, that was it:

I did hear some time back there were maybe 10 warbands this season (although I think 2 are from dreadfane as they were SE & NH), the others were (IIRC) DoK, Ogrurrrs (specifically 1 hunter and 1 or 2 animals), Wanderers, FeC (or might have been free peoples I can't remember), Seraphon, Slaanesh, Nurgle and another skaven. I myself would have liked Idoneth but this is a pretty nice mix of stuff, and at least no more Khorne or excessive SE.

It's +1/-1 so far, Wanderers looks correct, but Beastmen not mentioned, but still it's something.

54 minutes ago, madmac said:

On the BCR side of things, just adding an underworld warband that was a Hunter+kitties would almost solve their finecast problems in one go, and be a cool Warband to boot! I think there's actually a rumor about something like that this season...

Right, that was it:

It's +1/-1 so far, Wanderers looks correct, but Beastmen not mentioned, but still it's something.

The beastmen could be a part of a themed chaos warband... there is one in the Tzeentch one after all. 

13 minutes ago, Infeston said:

Im currently constantly refreshing the Warhammer Community page. Do you think we might get new infos on the reveals today?

I’m expecting stuff for preorder next week. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the Cities or Orruks as a quick drop

EDIT - didn’t realise all the warbands for Warcry weren’t out. Might be another warband! 😉😁

I can't imagine BCR and Gutbusters will remain separate given orruks are being combined into a single tome. I would have put money on those two being flavorful enough to get their own books, but the three sets of allegiance abilities is honestly a much cleaner way to update imo. 

I think we can almost guarantee that Ogres will be in the same book, with BCR retaining their monster mash playstyle and lore as a type of ogor tribe. Two birds with one stone, and both armies will benefit by having each others tools from a list perspective. 

Will see though. I was totally wrong about orruks, but I'd be SHOCKED if I had to ally in mournfang or beasts as caverly for my gutbusters army. Would do heaps for the army silhouette.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Overread said:

If Ogors lost finecast/metal from their range they'd lose most of their range. Almost every single model that isn't a large war engine or a team of 5 or so units (ergo troops) is metal/finecast. Ergo all the characterful ogors that make the faction popular. 

Um the only resin for gutbusters left now is butcher.  I don't think many people play gorgers, and I think they'll be squatted instead of replaced. Beastclaw has the hunter and cats. Most of the Ogor range is plastic. 

Edited by sorokyl

The current previews seem to follow the same pattern as the last one:

-We have actual tomes spoiled. This time Warclans and Cities of Sigmar. Last time Fyreslayers.

-We have an hint on a two faction box. Last time Sylvaneth. This time it seems we get Gutbusters, at least the focus on one new hero and plastic models seem like a hint.

Therefore we can maybe assume that the Gutbusters may come last, the same as Sylvaneth did with Gloomspite. Interesting here is that while GW gave us last time a clear hint on both Factions to be teased, this time one is clearly in Focus. The other remains a suprise. We only know the narrative of the Bonepact that is broken. It could be possibly a Box paired with one of the new two Battletomes armies. Again, the Wanderer vs Gutbuster Box Rumour seems pretty interesting here

• Like 2

I for one am (almost) sure the Tithe of Bones and the Pact-then-Feast of Bones won't have anything in common (apart the use of the term "bone", that is :P).

- The first one is the next chapter in the Soul Wars narrative, probably a new Death army themed around Skeletons and Bones Constructs (so a reaimagination of a few Deathrattle and Tomb Kings tropes, hence the ziggurat and eastern music from the trailer, and the earlier "TK" rumors from Thomas Lyon). It will be teased by a few videos in the same style as Malign Portents (IMO it's the same graphic artist), Part I : Necropolis being the first one. It will be lead by a huge Skeleton, the Death Entity from Lake Lethis (the one from the Forbidden Power artwork posted here many times, not a character from WFB). It will match a few Rumor Engines we got recently. 

- The second one will be a boxed set with two armies like Looncurse, Carrion Empire, etc. with the Ogor Tyrant. It will herald the release of the Destruction Battletome : Ogor Mawtribes (soup between Gutbusters and Beastclaw Raiders). It's very probable we should get another "new" army in this set, or at least a new character / kit for an existing AOS 2nd Ed. army.

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 1

I got so excited when I saw the Tyrant and the Bonesplitterz book on the same page- for a split second I thought my pipedream of combined Splitterz, Gutbusters, Maneaters, Firebellies, and Aleguzzlers into "The Hordes of Hunger" had somehow happened. 

I just want a giant cauldron of broth that changes allegiance abilities around based on what you put in it. And maybe an Aleguzzler Brewmaster that throws huge casks of booze at his enemies.

Edited by TheNotebookGM
More words

40 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Um the only resin for gutbusters left now is butcher.  I don't think many people play gorgers, and I think they'll be squatted instead of replaced. Beastclaw has the hunter and cats. Most of the Ogor range is plastic. 

Current resins:

Gorger
Maneater - of which there's quite a few
Firebelly
Butcher - of which there's a couple.

So its a lot of the very iconic and characterful models in the range. You've got the "bearded lady" the ogor pulling a cauldron etc... That's a lot of the factions unique character in those resin models. Now GW could put out a maneater plastic kit with lots of optional parts like the Troll unit for Gloomspite which would start solving things. Or add new unit types to the army etc...., but regardless I'm guessing that as they've sneaked the Tyrant and a feast of bones its going to be like Skaven - a duel army pack with 1 new sculpt to tide them over. I don't think it will be Gloomspite levels of new models. Not that Ogors don't need nor deserve them, just that GW hasn't got a production gap. 

Whilst they are producing a lot more week to week the number of big army releases they do is still about the same as it ever was (maybe a little more). 

38 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

That's, uh... not a lot* going up for pre-order next week. 

*Not a lot = three Made-To-Order Chaos Space Marine Sorcerers.

Warcry has a 2 week preorder. They don’t usually have anything in the week between when they do 2 week preorders. 

Yeah probably not any other models than the Tyrant. That's fine by me. It was a book I wanted the most anyway! 

I do wonder what kind of spells or terrain we'll get. Big Maw endless spell is a freebie, I'm looking forward to being surprised by what else is in store. 

If the 'Tithe of Bones' is in any way related to the 'Feast/Pact of Bones' then GW mentioned "Just what is this “tithe of bones”? Watch this space for more news in the coming weeks…"

5 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Why does everyone seem to think there is a two faction box set on the way? Did I miss something or is it just speculation?

GW has revealed 1 new model for the Ogors and at teh same time announced that the Tithe of Bones is coming. It's basically half of a new box tease like we got for Skaven and Flesheaters etc... Only GW is being all cagey about the other half of the box and, with the new Death army video (we assume) that could hint at the other half of the box's contents.

So there's nothing confirmed, just some educated guesswork based on what GW has released in the past and what they've shown this time around. 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

GW has revealed 1 new model for the Ogors and at teh same time announced that the Tithe of Bones is coming. It's basically half of a new box tease like we got for Skaven and Flesheaters etc... Only GW is being all cagey about the other half of the box and, with the new Death army video (we assume) that could hint at the other half of the box's contents.

So there's nothing confirmed, just some educated guesswork based on what GW has released in the past and what they've shown this time around. 

This feels pretty accurate to me.

I imagine the other half is going to  be a "Deathrattle"ish army. The Skeleton models are really old, and the Skeleton warband points to some pretty good looking models.

As much as I would love them to bring back half the tomb king lineup, since I have an entire tub bubblewrapped and stored away, I don't think it's ever going to happen. 

Yeah, ok. I figured the Tithe could be a new Death faction but I see no reason to believe it’s a dual box set. If GW release another new faction I would have guessed it will be more along the lines of the Gloomspite/Idoneth/Daughters of Khaine and we’ll see a series of videos leading up to the release.

Honestly though, that video could be anything so who knows.

I feel like the Tithe of Bones is definitely worded to be a Global Campaign like Vgilus ablaze. Think about it this way - the Tithe of Bones could be the central factor of the campaign where all models slain in the campaign are basically being tallied into the ranks of the dead.

Whether or not this implies a new army is probably to be seen, but I wouldn't expect a brand spanking new army while we just got three new tomes announced

27 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

This feels pretty accurate to me.

I imagine the other half is going to  be a "Deathrattle"ish army. The Skeleton models are really old, and the Skeleton warband points to some pretty good looking models.

As much as I would love them to bring back half the tomb king lineup, since I have an entire tub bubblewrapped and stored away, I don't think it's ever going to happen. 

Yeah Tomb kings Skeletons are really old and would have needed a update.

sure the Skeleton’s from the legion of Nagash have a few years on their buckle, but they have aged very very well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Yeah, ok. I figured the Tithe could be a new Death faction but I see no reason to believe it’s a dual box set. If GW release another new faction I would have guessed it will be more along the lines of the Gloomspite/Idoneth/Daughters of Khaine and we’ll see a series of videos leading up to the release.

Honestly though, that video could be anything so who knows.

I agree. At the moment it could be anything. GW changed their strategies very often. 

They sold Start Collecting Boxes, Battleboxes, Faction 1 vs. Faction 2 Boxes with one new model each, Faction 1 vs. Faction 2 Boxes with more than one new model each etc.

It could also be an entire new set concept. Maybe we don't get a set with faction 1 vs. faction 2 again, who knows.  Maybe we might get an entire new Ogor range with all the resin Ogor models updated. Im kidding, but this would be very cool. 

I guess the faction 1 vs. faction 2 makes the most sense, but it could also be totally different.

20 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

what if - get this - the Ogors vs X battlebox was Ogors vs ... More Ogors?

Won't happen.

No way.

Dual army box is...2 different armies, just to be more pappealing for more people. Otherwise, it is just GW shooting his own foot.

There is a patern already here: the tease is done, then presentation of the new character, the one or 2 army(ies) are presented. But, NEVER a new army.

More of this, each time we see an army in such a video, only minis in the box are in the video AND ALLL mini in the video ARE in the box.

Last but not least, the content presented is consistent in value to one half of the box (one army side) : ogors, leadbelchers and an ironblaster plus the brand new Ogor tyrant (all in platic and full options kits).I bet this box will come VERY soon (I won't be surprised to see it in august or beginning of september)