The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The show was an A+ is terms of news, but C in terms of miniature reveals. 

The cities of sigmar book is exactly what order needed to clean it up. Destruction will essentially be fully up to date by the end of the year. The new Death battletome    is very exciting. The new season of underworlds looks like it is heading in a great direction.

We still have a chaos battletome to be revealed which would make a total of 12 battletomes this year. In terms of rules this is the most productive year AOS has ever had. 

As for minis, after the utterly amazing Gloomspite release, the year has been a touch disappointing. I have a feeling that the Tyrant will be the only Ogor release we get.  It also looks like there won’t be any new Ironjawz minis. 

I have a feeling that the new death faction will be a complete range but gw are probably saving the full reveal for Nova at the end of August. 

Well, I mean, they could technically fill the missing plastic miniature of each armies later in the year.

For example the skaven battletome army habe probably the biggest range of 6th and 7th edition models than any other army, but updating them technically isn’t really hard since you could easily bring just the models out sometimes afterwards.

I am actually much more happier playing an army of that I know will stay for a bit longer than a year before it gets discontinued, and an army that at least got a rules update is easier and much more enjoyable to use then having to face defeat most or almost every time you play a game of aos.

12 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

If you got 20K points, it took you a lot of time. Knowing this: Only ONE group of miniature will remains without a tome: StD. Pretty sure now that the chaos remaining battletome is StD/Everchosen/whateverChaosFromWarcry  battletome. You are not in such a hurry so close to the goal, about max 3 month from now...

I hear this since over 4 years

Edited by Kurrilino

12 hours ago, Overread said:

Any particular reason why? Esp considering we've not actually had any chaos related releases for AoS in this round save for the Warcry Warbands. The stage is set for Destruction getting the lions share of attention for a bit and I'm surprised that (thus far) we've not had anything for Slaves to Darkness; but at the same time we pretty much know they've a Battletome coming at some point likely within the next 6 months or so (very likely now that we've got 2 battletomes confirmed which will take a big chunk of armies up and an ogors one almost as good as confirmed)

Yes there is a particular reason why.

I hear that the Battletome is coming since over 4 years. And despite you claim we know that one is coming, the actual truth is that we know ******.

And i am extremely pissed that the main bad guys even have a single book or remotely useful stuff while everyone else is now on their 2nd edition.

At this pace i could also join the church. They promised Jesus will return very soon and he is now over 2000 years late. Despite people testifying the end is nigh since 1000's of years.

If you claim that we know a Battletome is imminent, please demonstrate that.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

I hear that the Battletome is coming since over 4 years. And despite you claim we know that one is coming, the actual truth is that we know ******.

And i am extremely pissed that the main bad guys even have a single book or remotely useful stuff while everyone else is now on their 2nd edition.

At this pace i could also join the church. They promised Jesus will return very soon and he is now over 2000 years late. Despite people testifying the end is nigh since 1000's of years.

Let me just say this:

new Chaos lord on horse and new Chaos knights

are coming

6 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Yeas, it's alright. I suppose you have evidence for that and when?

The website called Da waaagh was called down by GW as a result of someone leaking pictures of new Chaos stuff. 

Evidence erased, but you can still find the remain of that dead website.

54 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

If I recall correctly GW stated that they were on track to be completely caught up with modernizing all factions by mid 2020 or thereabouts. Even if we extend that to by the end of 2020, that means that you are likely looking at a maximum wait of 16 or so months given that GW doesn't really do new armies at holiday time. That certainly isn't imminent, but it's not that far off either.

Some mostly baseless speculation:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Feast of Bones box will not be Ogors vs. Death, but Ogors vs. StD/Everchosen. 

If we are in fact getting a new Death faction, they aren't going to be released as part of a battle box. All of the battle boxes have had one new model per side, which doesn't fit well with an entirely new faction.

The chaos half of the box could even be something like a unit of Varanguard, a unit of Chaos Knights and a new hero. That'd be right in line with the MSRP of either half of Carrion Empire or the Sylvaneth half of Looncurse.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Yea, it's low hanging fruit for a "new" faction if the centrepiece model is already out there.

Why does it have to be a new model necessarily? 

Because it is someone that Nagash just broke out of a stormvault so it wouldn't be someone that was already being fielded in armies.

18 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

If I recall correctly GW stated that they were on track to be completely caught up with modernizing all factions by mid 2020 or thereabouts. Even if we extend that to by the end of 2020, that means that you are likely looking at a maximum wait of 16 or so months given that GW doesn't really do new armies at holiday time. That certainly isn't imminent, but it's not that far off either.

Some mostly baseless speculation:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Feast of Bones box will not be Ogors vs. Death, but Ogors vs. StD/Everchosen. 

If we are in fact getting a new Death faction, they aren't going to be released as part of a battle box. All of the battle boxes have had one new model per side, which doesn't fit well with an entirely new faction.

The chaos half of the box could even be something like a unit of Varanguard, a unit of Chaos Knights and a new hero. That'd be right in line with the MSRP of either half of Carrion Empire or the Sylvaneth half of Looncurse.

2 things.

1: You would have been right about the battle box argument if it wasn't for the precedent setting Looncurse (The only battle box I can remember that had full new kits from a faction only several months old at the time)

2: It could still be a "new" Death faction in the vein of Daughters of Khaine (new models added to existing kits to create a new stand alone book) so could have all older kits with a new character.

The use of Feast of Bones and Tithe of Bones in the two teasers also seems rather intentional. 

I'd love to be wrong and get some more Chaos stuff sooner but it's looking like Death vs Ogors to me.

42 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

The website called Da waaagh was called down by GW as a result of someone leaking pictures of new Chaos stuff. 

I have a hard time believe that crucial informations like that didn't reach anyone in here but you.

I assume nobody made any pictures or any noted at all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kurrilino said:

Could it be that slaves to darkness are not the primary bad guys?

Think about it.

Aos was first released and khorne was the major focus, Archaon got some love with the realm gate wars.

Tzeentch got some love with warhammer quest, then it was the season of war stuff with nurgle.

Beasts, Skaven and now slaanesh have gotten their times in the sun, with games workshop actively removing chaos undivided in 40k, why have a undivided focus chaos army in aos as a primary narrative force?

All four gods have battletomes, archeaon can plug into any army, expand out the dark oath stuff in a couple of months and let the midget chaos warrior models fade away being replaced by, blood reavers, blood warriors, mighty skull crushers, kiaroc accolites, tzaangors, hellstriders, blightkings and pusgoyal blightlords

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Uhmmm.... this is 1.5 years from now on and even this is pure speculations. I really don't want to wait 6 years for a battletome while other people are already at vers.2 or 3.  Sorry

1 minute ago, adreal said:

Could it be that slaves to darkness are not the primary bad guys?

Think about it.

Aos was first released and khorne was the major focus, Archaon got some love with the realm gate wars.

Tzeentch got some love with warhammer quest, then it was the season of war stuff with nurgle.

Beasts, Skaven and now slaanesh have gotten their times in the sun, with games workshop actively removing chaos undivided in 40k, why have a undivided focus chaos army in aos as a primary narrative force?

All four gods have battletomes, archeaon can plug into any army, expand out the dark oath stuff in a couple of months and let the midget chaos warrior models fade away being replaced by, blood reavers, blood warriors, mighty skull crushers, kiaroc accolites, tzaangors, hellstriders, blightkings and pusgoyal blightlords

Archaon the most powerfull mortal being in the Realms, the destroyer of the old world is not the primary bad guy for chaos ?

And let the most powerful baseline units from 8th edition just fade away. Way to motivate a 10+years Warriors of Chaos player.

You really should write letters to the Avengers Endgame movie makers. Thanos is a joke. There was a Hot Dog Salesman in the background in Los Angeles. He should be the main villain instead

59 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

This is super hard to believe.  Nobody took a screen shot of those pictures or even has heard of that website before?  I want it to be true, but that is a hard sell based on just this info.

edit

I do feel very bad for StD players.  The Warqueen gave what has turned out to be false hope, which really is even worse than hearing nothing at all.

Edited by Austin

23 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

I have a hard time believe that crucial informations like that didn't reach anyone in here but you.

I assume nobody made any pictures or any noted at all?

Believe it or not, it's up to you. Just don't be too regret when get all your chaos stuff sold and new models announced. Besides, what good can I get from lying to you?

24 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Uhmmm.... this is 1.5 years from now on and even this is pure speculations. I really don't want to wait 6 years for a battletome while other people are already at vers.2 or 3.  Sorry

It's not pure speculation. It's based on a clear and unambiguous statement made by GW.

26 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Believe it or not, it's up to you. Just don't be too regret when get all your chaos stuff sold and new models announced. Besides, what good can I get from lying to you?

I don't even  say someone lying. It's just that the StD are such a sore topic that someone would have heard something.

Just now, AthlorianStoners said:

Can we take complaining about our factions not getting stuff out of the rumor thread? We’ve finally got rumors and teases to discuss. 

With that in mind, is there a summary of that rumor about the new death faction being constructs?

It's in this thread somewhere, IIRC the gist of it was reworked "Tomb Kings" with constructs, heavy ranged focus, ect.

I didn't put much stuck in the rumor by itself but I remember that same week both of the Warhammer Weekly guys saying the rumor was legit, Tomb Kings are coming back in some form, ect.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, madmac said:

It's in this thread somewhere, IIRC the gist of it was reworked "Tomb Kings" with constructs, heavy ranged focus, ect.

I didn't put much stuck in the rumor by itself but I remember that same week both of the Warhammer Weekly guys saying the rumor was legit, Tomb Kings are coming back in some form, ect.

Yeah that’s similar to my response iirc. 

I’m hoping they’re more tomb king in theme than in practice, though I’m happy with any new death 

7 minutes ago, madmac said:

Yeah that’s similar to my response iirc. 

I’m hoping they’re more tomb king in theme than in practice, though I’m happy with any new death