The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, polarbear said:

My only issue is the same with all the Stormcast cavalry, way too busy for me to enjoy painting. Cavalry has always been a chore for me in the first place, even though I love the aesthetic, and they're only getting bigger and busier in the mortal realms. 

Unfortunate the photo is so jaggy, makes it look a bit less clean than it should.

These standard chargers should be easier than the Dracothian Guard to paint imo. Fewer scales and less armour on the mount. Big flat skin areas.

2 minutes ago, polarbear said:

Unfortunate the photo is so jaggy, makes it look a bit less clean than it should.

It was likely rushed as they needed to respond to the leaked image and control the narrative.  Notice this dropped a couple hours after the grainy White Dwarf image.

Edited by Thomas Lyons

31 minutes ago, CJPT said:

"YOU! YES, YOU! Do you wish to ride... THIS MAJESTIC CHICKEN?????????"

Living around Stormcast has to be a bit much, sometimes.

Honestly humans have taken to riding giant birds and having half dog and bird creatures as pets.

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sete said:

Mixed feelings on this release.

Not impressed.

I'm actually kind of glad to hear that. It would be boring if every Stormcast model was super generic and acceptable by everyone (looking at you, Space Marines). Having some sculpts that are different enough that people have varying feelings is a good thing imo. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

What's Warhammer Weekly?

Warhammer Weekly is a livestream YouTube show that is done by myself and @Vincent Venturella (who placed second in the community championship this year) each Weds evening.  Each show is 1-1.5 hours where we cover news, releases, and talk about some element of the game or community.  Each week we have a guest on the show from the community.  Oftentimes it is a personality from the community like Dan Heelan or MC1Gamer, or one of the many Warhammer content producers.  This week, Rob of Warhammer TV was on the show.    Next week is actually our two year anniversary for the show.  

This week's show, which Rob was on, can be found here.  The show is on Vince's Youtube channel, which can be found here.  I also post new episodes on my blog here on TGA, and the link can be found below.

Edited by Thomas Lyons
  • Like 3

Warhammer Weekly is a YouTube show that is done by myself and @Vincent Venturella (who placed second in the community championship this year) each Weds evening.  Each show is an 1-1.5 hours where we cover news, releases, and talk about some element of the game or community.  Each week we have a guest on the show from the community.  Oftentimes it is a personality from the community like Dan Heelan or MC1Gamer, or one of the many Warhammer content producers.  This week, Rob of Warhammer TV was on the show.    Next week is actually our two year anniversary for the show.  

It's epic. Check out the Community Champion Thread for reasons why.

4 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Warhammer Weekly is a livestream YouTube show that is done by myself and @Vincent Venturella (who placed second in the community championship this year) each Weds evening.  Each show is 1-1.5 hours where we cover news, releases, and talk about some element of the game or community.  Each week we have a guest on the show from the community.  Oftentimes it is a personality from the community like Dan Heelan or MC1Gamer, or one of the many Warhammer content producers.  This week, Rob of Warhammer TV was on the show.    Next week is actually our two year anniversary for the show.  

This week's show, which Rob was on, can be found here.  The show is on Vince's Youtube channel, which can be found here.  I also post new episodes on my blog here on TGA, and the link can be found below.

Ah ha - it threw me when you said Rob.  Looks like I have more stuff to watch!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sete said:

I'm my honest opinion, having regular humans, that lived in the realms as a scouting force would make a lot more sense than 2 meter tall dudes in golden armour.

I just can't like this release. The small gryphons tho cool.

Ah you see I don't think of these guys as scouts but more hunters, which when I think about the scale and dangerous nature of the mortals realms feels like a more natural fit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EvDJ said:

Ah you see I don't think of these guys as scouts but more hunters, which when I think about the scale and dangerous nature of the mortals realms feels like a more natural fit.

I am not able to like them :)

Maybe it's the fur xD

I actually really like the new mounts. Looks gun to paint. If only there wasn't a stormcast on top of it. Allthough I even like the sleeker look of these scouts. 

I wonder though, will we ever see a horse again, or only fantasy beasts? The pelts these new stormcasts are wearing don't really look like they come from weird fantasy beasts...