The Rumour Thread

Just now, Souleater said:

Next preview stuff should be tomorrow, I believe. 

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the books that was announced today goes on next weeks pre-order tomorrow. They pushed out a whole glut of stuff to make room for Warcry, so I'm not aware of anything for 40k that could be releasing in that time frame.

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Uhhh...

Humans, Dwarfs and Elves uniting against the other stinkies in the world is pretty damn 'generic'. If anything, the animosity between them in the Old World was pretty refreshing compared to most 'generic' settings.

But not as a playable tabletop army, which was my point 

Edited by mikethefish

I like the idea of United Humans/Elves/Dwarves and think AoS was going this way for a while, but I hope it does eventually get reflected in the models. Like the replacement of old sigils with something else, or a multi racial freeguild guard box or something.

Right now seeing the models together definitely doesn't feel like a united entity.

Of course this won't happen soon, I'm just wish listing for the future.

Otherwise it would be nice if some of the units (wanderers and dispossessed specifically) got expanded to their own factions as well in the  next few years.

I'm not too hot on the name Cities of Sigmar (Free Cities or Free Peoples is 100x better) but it's not "Battletome Aelves" so I'm not gonna riot just yet.

My big concern with this new Battletome is whether this will be a new faction with ongoing support, or is this just going to be "Battletome not-squatted-quite-yet" where none of these factions receive a new model in 20 years.

Edited by Blightzkrieg
  • Like 1

Arkhan has appeared in a ton of AOS novels. Even in the Soulwars. Nothing indicates he has been stuck in a Stormvault. I would find it really odd if it were Arkhan.

Also, if Stormvaults are meant to lock away gods and beings of incredible unstoppeable power, then I gotta ask if Vlad, Krell and even Setra qualifies? I mean these guys have had their butt kicked more than a few times in the history of warhammer right?

I have to say, this was a very disappointing Open Day. 

Both the Battletomes are neat (especially now that Orruks will have more than 3 units, and the Free Peoples won't be split into 40 two model factions.)

But the reveals otherwise we're next to nothing. The Ogre is cool, and I guess someone will want a Gortek mini, but really two models revealed at THE Open Day for one of your flagship games? Very underwhelming.

They could have at least shown off the two Warbands they showed silhouettes of. Yeah for Beastmen in Underworlds at least.

Well two models aside from the 3 brand new warbands and new terrain in that set being released on the day. We knew that this was going to be WARCRY's big day. 

A bit more on Underworlds would have been nice, but lets not forget we've got 2 whole weeks with nothing being released for AoS too (warcry pre-release window)

14 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

I have to say, this was a very disappointing Open Day. 

Both the Battletomes are neat (especially now that Orruks will have more than 3 units, and the Free Peoples won't be split into 40 two model factions.)

But the reveals otherwise we're next to nothing.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective - Ogors, Orruks, and of course my beloved Wanderers are my personal favorite Warhammer factions so I'm pretty pumped for all of it and didn't need anything else to be very excited as it is. Of course for me it's:

Any news for Wanderers whatsoever > Anything [and everything] else they could possible announce. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, awcamawn said:

I guess it's just a matter of perspective - Ogors, Orruks, and of course my beloved Wanderers are my personal favorite Warhammer factions so I'm pretty pumped for all of it and didn't need anything else to be very excited as it is. Of course for me it's:

Any news for Wanderers whatsoever > Anything [and everything] else they could possible announce. 

Today has been outstanding for Destruction! Basically showing that long before the end of the year Destruction will be fully equipped with Battletomes for 2.0!

1 minute ago, Eldarain said:

Would think the new Death faction is pretty soon too if the likely feast of bones set with the Ogres is already being teased.

I would think its a good few months off. Warcry and 2 battletomes first is going to take a few months; then you've got the fact that they've only teased the rest so that's going to take a little longer. 

Yeah by pretty soon I'm thinking next 3-6 months. The set could be existing dead kits with new hero ala Carrion Empire or be all new Dead kits on one side and just the Tyrant on the other ala Looncurse.

If it's the Looncurse route I'd think it would be a bit farther out so they get the initial full price sales like they did with the Squigs.

Edited by Eldarain

I wasn't trying to sound like I didn't appreciate what was shown, and I agree Destruction needed some love. It's more so we've already seen all the Warcry stuff (which is great and it's the most excited I've been about a GW product since BB came back), I guess I was just shocked at how few "new things" they previewed. 

A couple compilation Battletomes, a couple silhouettes of some Underworlds stuff, and a single new model (well unless you count Gortek) is just odd. I would have thought we would have seen at least the Warbands from the new Underworlds starter. I'm just disappointed we didn't see more new models.

That unmasked Unmade is fantastic, and I hope it's an option in the kit.

1 hour ago, Eldarain said:

Yeah by pretty soon I'm thinking next 3-6 months. The set could be existing dead kits with new hero ala Carrion Empire or be all new Dead kits on one side and just the Tyrant on the other ala Looncurse.

If it's the Looncurse route I'd think it would be a bit farther out so they get the initial full price sales like they did with the Squigs.

I have a feeling it will probably be like Carrion Empire with a new hero for the Undead and one for Ogres and then some old kits.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sabotage! said:

I wasn't trying to sound like I didn't appreciate what was shown, and I agree Destruction needed some love. It's more so we've already seen all the Warcry stuff (which is great and it's the most excited I've been about a GW product since BB came back), I guess I was just shocked at how few "new things" they previewed. 

A couple compilation Battletomes, a couple silhouettes of some Underworlds stuff, and a single new model (well unless you count Gortek) is just odd. I would have thought we would have seen at least the Warbands from the new Underworlds starter. I'm just disappointed we didn't see more new models.

That unmasked Unmade is fantastic, and I hope it's an option in the kit.

Yeah as excited as I was by the initial Ogor showing, I will wait a bit before bringing the Ogors out of retirement.  One new Tyrant isn't going to cut it.

I am surprised that one new model was all that got shown off.  Maybe saving for GenCon in a couple weeks and letting Warcry be in the spotlight for now?

The show was an A+ is terms of news, but C in terms of miniature reveals. 

The cities of sigmar book is exactly what order needed to clean it up. Destruction will essentially be fully up to date by the end of the year. The new Death battletome    is very exciting. The new season of underworlds looks like it is heading in a great direction.

We still have a chaos battletome to be revealed which would make a total of 12 battletomes this year. In terms of rules this is the most productive year AOS has ever had. 

As for minis, after the utterly amazing Gloomspite release, the year has been a touch disappointing. I have a feeling that the Tyrant will be the only Ogor release we get.  It also looks like there won’t be any new Ironjawz minis. 

I have a feeling that the new death faction will be a complete range but gw are probably saving the full reveal for Nova at the end of August. 

• Like 3