The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

Sure looks like it. This day has really delivered so far. Still 3 private videos on the age of sigmar YouTube playlist. At least one of those is for Warcry. One is definitely mainline AOS. 

I fear the Warcry video is the Cypher Lords "How to Paint" video... (as the other two war bands released today got theirs). 

But yeah I'd really like to see a reveal for the Spire Tyrants (if only to calm the STD crowds - inc. myself - a bit !)

4 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

I am not so certain it is Wanderers. Looking at the lower half of the archer in the trailer and I get the sense this is a new, hopefully, aelf faction. I believe you can make out satyr like legs on it. 

DoK
Idoneth
Light Aelves
Shadow Aelves

I don't think we will see another new aelf faction anytime soon. 

8 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

So, that's it for today? I mean, news is great; I love those new tomes but only ONE reveal of new miniature (the ogor tyrant)?

I don’t think so. On the warhammer tv you can see private videos which have gradually been made public as the reveals have been shown. There are two more private videos to be revealed. 

Edit - there’s one of them. Presumably the new death faction.

Edited by Chikout

Just now, Minis by Night said:

Well here's the second part of the Feast of Bones, AND the follow up to Forbidden Power, AND the new Death army.
Any ideas on who the mysterious leader of this new faction is?

I don’t wnat to get my hopes up, but the accent of narrator gave me a very “Settra the Imperishable vibe”. Compare it with his voice in Total war.

1 minute ago, Segersgia said:

I don’t wnat to get my hopes up, but the accent of narrator gave me a very “Settra the Imperishable vibe”. Compare it with his voice in Total war.

Srsly you think Settra would be babbling about serving anyone ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, giving that the last video (the tithe part1) is just few draws of necropolis, I remain on my initial staement and interogation: only ONE reveal of new miniature (the ogor tyrant)?

PS: don't take me wrong: I'm super happy to see 2 BT of my old armies (freshed up then, even my 2 old metal tanks hahaha), ogors on the way in dual army box ho yeah, and probably news for death (btw, I don't see NEW death faction, but update to LoN with ES and a new hero in the dual army box)

2 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

Well here's the second part of the Feast of Bones, AND the follow up to Forbidden Power, AND the new Death army.
Any ideas on who the mysterious leader of this new faction is?

What connection do you get between the Feasts of Bone (coming, apparently, after the broken "Pact of Bones"), and the follow up of Forbidden Power, "the Tithe Part I : Necropolis ?"

But the use of the word "bone" I see none... IMO one is a tease of the new Ogors Battletome or a boxed set (which still left the opponent unknown - if it's not Death than it's probably Seraphon), and the other is the next narrative chapter of AOS coupled with a new Death army lead by that big monster : 

389784192_ForbiddenPowerEntity.png.5f3da1d7ad73e6493d647f10ac9125bb.png

Also this may be a representation of the Everwinter (with MAWS in it) coming to a city, probably the Ogors Battletome cover

WarCom-TripleBanner-AoSOpenDay-1.jpg.8f175e29b9bfcf8353b3e88233b8f18d.jpg

4 minutes ago, Segersgia said:

I just check a video from Total War and I have to agree that although it's most likely not the same voice actor, the accent is fairly similar. And the whole "I survived the hammer of Sigmar" and the bones theme also fit. The "my master" and "in my homeland", not so much though.

Gentlemen, it's time to place your bets!

4 minutes ago, carnith said:

Remember Settra is a stormcast. Also Settra would not be so eager to break free, just to go to Nagash, who he hates.

Or not. We don't know for sure. There is just an easter egg in the Hamilcar books about that talks about him.

Maybe it's just that...an easter egg or maybe you are right. 

Edited by Beliman

Tom Lyons did have that TK rumour a few weeks back too.

I'm going left-field... Arkhan (i.e. not Settra) leading some TK.

He's a skeleton (i.e. bones), was aligned with Nagash (and TK before that) and, unlike Settra, wouldn't balk of the idea of having a "master".

Edited by Kyriakin

At the Open Day I got chance to speak to Sam Pearson (rules writer) about the Cities book. He obviously wouldn't say much but was very enthusiastic about it - I got the impression it was something of a passion project for him (this was backed up by lots of other GW staff encouraging me to speak to Sam whenever I mentioned that I was interested in the Cities book).

He said that he'd reviewed all the relevent warscrolls and had had to do a fair bit of tidying up with some of them to make them more realistic. The example he gave was something like a model which carried 2 weapons but warscroll had them using 3 in the same phase/turn. He also said that he had written rules to improve some of the weaknesses of AoS - his example was that cavalry currently "hit like a wet fish" and he'd tried to address that.

Edited by Nick in York
Clarifying what I remember from the conversation.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Maybe new death army (since Death is getting a battletome and all of their armies have battletomes now) judging by the name (Feast of Bones sounds like army of skeletons). 

Huh guess I was right, a new death army to fight against the Ogors. 
I am guessing that the army is going to based around skeletons judging the entrance being surrounded by skeletons and the whole Feast of Bones deal.

The character in that video is mostly likely a Mortarch and I think it is Krell since he was a skeleton,  already made a Mortarch during The End Times and was loyal to Nagash throughout The End Times (unlike other End Time Mortarchs).

If Krell is back I want him to have the ability to summon Kemmler as a ghost to be his pet wizard, a reverse of their relationship in Fantasy. 

• Like 2