The Rumour Thread

Silvershard was more a boardgame whilst Warcy, whilst being played on a board, is more of an intro game to AoS proper. Like Killteam I expect GW to keep it around long term. It serves as an ideal short game for older gamers who don't have hours and hours of free time to play and for new players who want to try out Warhammer without buying into a whole army. A simple single warband box and they are good to go 

• Like 2

Just now, Clan's Cynic said:

Strangely enough Free Peoples Swordsmen have also vanished... despite being on the cover art.

Repacking maybe?

Could be esp since GW did say they were going to tell us which models were leaving before they, you know, left. 

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

Could be esp since GW did say they were going to tell us which models were leaving before they, you know, left. 

I hope they make it clear this time around. Even so its probably time to grab the last couple of Eldritch Council bits I was planning on getting. So much for my new years resolution not to buy any more elves!

3 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

Yes! Last game session our group got the seventh shard - only one to go before we can face down the Gaunt Summoner in battle. This is a party of Stormcast and Seraphon - we will be cutting that fiends head off as soon as we get a chance!

Oops, back to rumours!  :D

Oh. Great! Cool to see that people are still enjoying Silver Tower. I never got into it, because it also never supported those models that I really liked. Warcry is the same for me. If Warcry would have had new and cool Destruction units I would have instantly bought it.

But I am personally not a fan of the "Chaos warbands battle it out to gain favors from their gods" - narrative. There were so many versions of this from Warhammer Fantasy to Age of Sigmar.

I know that most people play Order or Chaos. My very first Warhammer model was a Nurgle Chaos model. But I am personally more a fan of the underdogs (Destruction, Death) and want them to be in the Spotlight.

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So since will be getting a combined Aelve/duardin/man-thing book and the Orruks all get combined (with the exception of the greenskinz(😭)) what left.

ogors in total definitely, But is there anything else I’m missing with the exception of Tomb kings and Bret’s?

Slaves to Darkness (plus Everchosen) for Chaos, the aforementioned Ogor Tome and thats it. Every AoS faction has a battle tome now, and only a few more to bring all of the to 2.0. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So since will be getting a combined Aelve/duardin/man-thing book and the Orruks all get combined (with the exception of the greenskinz(😭)) what left.

ogors in total definitely, But is there anything else I’m missing with the exception of Tomb kings and Bret’s?

Seraphon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

So no new models for Orruks?...

Not a fan at all of combining Ironjawz & Bonesplittaz... just comes off as lazy to me. 

To each there own though.

Naw its just restoring orks to their former glory :)

New models are a rarity, whilst GW is putting out more than ever, they still have limited slots and a lot of AoS armies have justifiable reason

Just now, Riddles said:

suprised there's no endless spells

I'm willing to wager we'll see both spells and terrain either later today or closer to the Tomes release. GW has been very clear in releasing both for pretty much every new battletome. 

10 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Not a fan at all of combining Ironjawz & Bonesplittaz... just comes off as lazy to me. 

Jeah. The more I think about it, the more "meh" I am feeling about a combined Orruk battletome. The combined battletomes should be for old unsupported factions to make them viable again. But a faction like Ironjawz should stand on their own. The same with Bonesplittaz. Also they didn't even get endless spells. And it is a combined Orruk tome without REGULAR Orruks, which will propably become Legends later.

People are waiting for a Bonesplittaz battletome and an Ironjawz battletome very long and they don't even get a terrain piece or endless spells, while factions like Beasts of Chaos (which were always a side faction of Chaos in Warhammer Fantasy) get terrain and endless spells. 

I mean Ironjawz were one of the first new factions in Age of Sigmar and they feel like part of the unsupported factions from the old world, even though they were introduced in AoS.

And I have voiced my opinion on Ogors. Gutbusters and friends (Man-Eaters, Firebellies) are one of the only big old world factions who didn't even get a battletome or allegiance abilities in the new GHB2019. I thought them getting no Allegiance abilities meant they were definitely getting a battletome this year. Now I fear they might "vault" Gutbusters and Beastclaw Raiders one day and abandon the Ogor concept completely.

Edited by Infeston

The two new battletomes are nice, but nothing special. It's imo more a bone for old players who already have a mini collection. I don't think it will lure new people in. I certainly would advise against spending money on old miniatures.

Hopefully we will see this year a new army like Nighthaunt, Kharadon and Idoneth or something like what DoK, Nurgle, Khorne, Sylaneth, Ironjaws received.

Edited by Tonhel

I understand the reasons for soup tomes, but I will continue not liking them very much, especially when they're as overbroad as the Free Cities one-it's effectively just the new Grand Alliance-Order.

Nevertheless, Ogors will 100% get a combined book also at this rate. In terms of 2.0 books remaining:

Order: KO, Seraphon

Death: Unknown New Death Faction

Chaos: Slaves to Darkness, Tzeentch

Destruction: Ogors

So six books after these two, which is definitely very doable by mid-2020. Whether we get any surprise new factions other than Death remains to be seen, but I'm not feeling optimistic on that front.

13 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Well I do like the part where they basically did that although I am rather disappointed that they kept the greenskinz till now, just to tell us that they’ll be gone for ever.

well I guess you could technically use some of them as bonsplittaz.

still the free cities one struck me by surprise, didn’t think they’d do that.

Sure it could be seen lazy, but than again it’s better than having to wait another few years before we finally would have gotten a battletome for our own faction.

and in total I think it’ll be interesting to see how they made those allegiance for the order battletome.

Yeah and as for our beloved not yet dead and loved dinosaurs, sorry I somehow really must have forgotten them.

not sure how that happened😅.

and for archaon and the rest, well you know me, anything that sees the skaven as a low thread sometimes just get forgotten, nothing to worry about just my skaven brain trying to see and forget what is not important (for me in total, not saying that the ever chosen are in no need for a battletome/updated) edit: because they definitely are)and please don’t ask me why I’m literally writing so much, that warpstone filtered beer, is really getting to me.

Probably better of going to bed now.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I think a lot of these armies are getting combined for two reasons. Firstly, the whole 'split up across a million factions' thing hasn't proven very popular overall as far as I can tell. It would work in a world where GW have infinite resources to stuff us stuff like... a whole, entire, unique Swifthawk Agents range for instance, but they can't. What this does is allow people who dabble in those units to play them as a 'viable' army alongside of the others. Orruks and Bonesplitterz together makes for a fuller army than divided.

Secondly, it's also financials. If that Ironjaw player can take Bonesplittaz in his Battletome, he's more likely to buy some Bonesplittaz. He's a lot less likely to fork out £25 for a Battletome for that lone Bonesplittaz unit he likes the look of.

It's like people complaining about the Empire/Free Peoples models. Yes, they're old. They more than likely will get updated, but GW know that probably won't be for several years. Better then that people who are currently playing them get a viable Battletome to mess with, rather than feel burnt out because they're working off crappy PDFs with no Allegiance abilities and the like.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3