The Rumour Thread

Order..check

Destruction...check

So, it leaves death and chaos forr the second semester.

BTW, those 2 new BT sound LoN like to me for destruction and order, especially the free people one which looks like a big soup. Pretty happy to get my old (20+ years) minis out of drawers (canons, catapults orcs, pistoliers etc....and 2 tanks!!).

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

My only worry is that adding ALL teh human, dwarf and aelf models in one army might lead to some falling over each other; but then again GW might be breaking the Aelves up even more. Eg Wanderers might be in but some of the dark or light options might be splitting out other forces. 

Looking at the picture, I can't see Lion Rangers, Order Draconis, Order Serpentis, Scourge Privateers, Eldritch Council and Phoenix Temple (EDIT: Found the Phoenix Guard). So maybe some are left out?

Edited by Gecktron

6 minutes ago, Infeston said:

No. No. I won't listen to you. 😛 You all hyped me up too much. I am not gonna hype myself up again.

My guess is that the silhouette is just a model from the new Warcry Warbands. If GW wants to mock me, they make it a Chaos Ogor. 😄 

Maybe it's an Ogor for Warhammer Underworlds?

7 minutes ago, Infeston said:

No. No. I won't listen to you. 😛 You all hyped me up too much. I am not gonna hype myself up again.

My guess is that the silhouette is just a model from the new Warcry Warbands. If GW wants to mock me, they make it a Chaos Ogor. 😄 

IF they want to mock you. Ha!  GW is coming for your lunch money. 

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Old World Aelves are in.

D_6Ca3-XYAAtQox.jpg

This is really looks like the Order version of Legions of Nagash, especially now they've shown the duardin and aelves are in it too and they wouldn't have Stormcast on the front cover unless they actually were apart of the book.

• Like 1

Just now, xking said:

Feels kind of lazy, but I guess that's just me.

It’s not lazy, it was needed. It’s just that mindset (which I also have) that no new models = no proper release.

But in all honesty it had to happen at some point.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, xking said:

Feels kind of lazy, but I guess that's just me.

Honestly all of the lore regarding the Free Cities has been pointing to this for a long, long time. The setting was growing too large for them to really ignore what they'd established - that a lot of the Old World races inhabit these Free Cities - as well as the issue of a lot of said Old World armies needing Battletome updates to become viable in any way, shape or form.

I'm usually the first person to criticise GW, but not this time. At the very least, it's a much needed stop-gap between fully fleshed out factions for each of the races.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Well the Cities of Sigmar is interesting but kinda not what I wanted for common, Order humans in the Mortal Realms...

At least it's the SoW : Firestorm book updated (by Josh Reynolds yeah ;) ) - I'm really eager to read it for the good fluff and world building, even if I wanted more than the adapted paint schemes (new proper AOS models like the Excelsior Warpriest from WHQ Silver Tower or AT LEAST plastic City-themed upgrade sprues)...

The Orruk book was to be expected (but I would like to have the Greenskinz Boar riders in it...)...

STRANGE DAY 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Honestly all of the lore regarding the Free Cities has been pointing to this for a long, long time. The setting was growing too large for them to really ignore what they'd established - that a lot of the Old World races inhabit these Free Cities - as well as the issue of a lot of said Old World armies needing Battletome updates to become viable in any way, shape or form.

I'm usually the first person to criticise GW, but not this time. At the very least, it's a much needed stop-gap between fully fleshed out factions for each of the races.

I think when people say lazy they mean that the very old Empire models are still being used.  Not the concept of the battletome itself which seems pretty cool.

• Like 2

Just now, JackStreicher said:

I Love them. Playing as a city or city expedition is great

This! The free cities established in Firestorm have a lot of potential and mixing races in one army really sets AoS apart from the world-that-was. 

• Like 5

The thing is with all the combined army battletomes I really have to ask why did GW split these factions in the first place? Especially for Destruction it often didn't even make sense lore-wise to split factions. 

Because of the combination of all the Orruks back into one, I really don't understand why GW split them in the first place.

A combination of all the split Ogor factions would have made more sense in my eyes, because many Ogor factions can't stand on their own, while most Orruk factions can. 

I have to say that I sometimes fear that GW completely forgets about Ogors and just focusses on those factions, which also work for 40k (Orks, Goblins). A combined Ogor battletome would have been really great. But I guess this will propably take some time now. I couldn't even vote for Ogors in this years GW ballot, because they forgot to include them.

I really hope i get some kind of sign that GW still supports Ogors in some way. Even if it is just an Underworlds warband.

1 minute ago, Aryann said:

Yeah, but it was needed for all the Old World players of those armies that felt left behind. Now they can use their old models against new armies. 

Tell that to TK and Bret players ;)

Just now, Austin said:

I think when people say lazy they mean that the very old Empire models are still being used.  Not the concept of the battletome itself which seems pretty cool.

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, xking said:

It's lazy, they could have did normal humans better than that.

They very well still could, and this actually goes a long way in enabling that. 

This way players who have existing armies can field a viable army and GW can expand human factions whichever way they want without it conflict with Freeguild. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Yeah, but it was needed for all the Old World players of those armies that felt left behind. Now they can use their old models against new armies. 

I must have at least 4000pts of various Dwarf/Empire/Dark-Wood-High ELF models I collected over the years that I can use with this release. Much of that is just grey plastic I thought I'd never brush the dust off again.

I rarely get hyped for much AoS stuff but I am over the moon with this.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, novakai said:

look like only the dark aelves are missing if the model line up means anything

There’s a black guard on the lower row (banner 2nd from left) so at least some darklings hopefully are in. 

Edited by Azamar

Just now, Infeston said:

The thing is with all the combined army battletomes I really have to ask why did GW split these factions in the first place? Especially for Destruction it often didn't even make sense lore-wise to split factions. 

Because they allow for great thematic additions. Flesh-Eaters, Beastclaw Raiders or Daughters of Khaine were fantastic additions to the lore. Splitting them off allowed GW to explore that space. Its just that they bitt of more than they can chew. So now they are kinda re-combining them (but leaving them separated enough to come back to them later) to get players happy. 

Free Cities makes sense, the lore already had lots of cities with men, aelves and dwarves in them so using it as a catch all tome works within the game. It also leaves GW fully open to adding a totally new Human faction at a latter date if they so wish. As well as dwarves and aelves. 

Also lets face it; cleaning up the listings into fewer whole armies makes sense for GW in keeping AoS tight in terms of armies. At launch AoS had an insane number of sub-armies that never could have been supported. 

• Like 9