The Rumour Thread

Are the 4 battletomes coming supposed to be full releases (DoK/Gloomspite style) or just 2.0 Battletome revamps (BoC/FEC style)? 

I think that would help narrowing down what’s coming. 

Factions that I think could get full releases: 

- Wanderers 

- Gutbusters 

- Soulblight 

- Ironjawz 

- Dispossessed 

And factions I expect to just get the revamp treatment: 

- Beastclaw Raiders 

- Seraphon 

- Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen 

- Bonesplitterz

- Disciples of Tzeentch

Those AOS warscrolls aren't exactly exciting, but they are far from useless. A cheap unit that can dish out -1 to hit has the potential to be very solid, and the Iron Golems are at the top end of defensive efficiency. Untamed beasts aren't tough, but their pre-battle move and ability to run and charge makes them interesting. Anyone who has played against Skinks knows how annoying being able to retreat instead of fighting is.

I think the big problem though is that none of these units have respectable offense (except maybe the Raptoryx, but even then not really) and aren't battleline. 

Just 6 hours to go before things kick off. Time to get some predictions in. 

New death faction with a focus on shooting.

New combined Ogors book with new minis.

Underworlds season 3 starter. Seraphon vs nurgle.

One more warcry band shown off. New scenery sets shown off. Warcry expansion hinted at.

I’d like to see either:

StD to ride the Warcry hype and make all those new kits cross functional with AoS.

Deathrattle, Barrow Kings style, flying chariot, animated statues etc. could tie in with that old friend that Nagash freed.

some sort of book to clean up the mess that is aelves or freepeople

probably will see the next season for underworlds though which is still cool.

As a High Elf player i wouldnt mind a shared book bettween all former elven factions IF we could have a Battleline that look High Elvish.  

Former Dark Elves and current Wanderers have Order Battlelines but the only "High elf" looking one is Reavers, that are no longer sold. 

I feel like a lot of people are going to be very disappointed in the morning. They're not gonna announce 3 new battletomes.

Predictions:

• They'll show the two new Warcry warbands. Maybe tease some future expansions. This will be a big part of the reveal.
  • They'll announce Underworld season 3, and show the two warbands from the starter box. Both will be from existing armies, and the lion (which may or may not be aelf related) will not be part of them. This season will introduce a new mechanic to the game, like magic for season 2.  This will be the second big part of the reveal.
  • A teaser for an unspecified battletome. I'm gonna go as far as saying it will be a destruction army.
  • No Stormcasts. They got the message.

That's it. I very much doubt will get more, and that would be in line with what we got at all the other events. Also notice there's no article this time saying that there will be EARTH-SHATTERING REVEALS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

I feel like a lot of people are going to be very disappointed in the morning. They're not gonna announce 3 new battletomes.

Predictions:

• They'll show the two new Warcry warbands. Maybe tease some future expansions. This will be a big part of the reveal.
  • They'll announce Underworld season 3, and show the two warbands from the starter box. Both will be from existing armies, and the lion (which may or may not be aelf related) will not be part of them. This season will introduce a new mechanic to the game, like magic for season 2.  This will be the second big part of the reveal.
  • A teaser for an unspecified battletome. I'm gonna go as far as saying it will be a destruction army.

That's it. I very much doubt will get more, and that would be in line with what we got at all the other events. Also notice there's no article this time saying that there will be EARTH-SHATTERING REVEALS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!

I think your right, except I doubt they're going to fully reveal the WU season 3 starter box, I think it will also be a tease to an upcoming reveal later in the year.

To bad we can't the gage stuff from last year open day since it was just revealing the rest of the Nighthaunt and Sacrosanct chamber models for Soul wars.

and unlike Adepticon they didn't put out a teaser trailer or a Hammerhal herald teaser that would hint at what they where going to reveal either.

I do think we at least get one battletome reveal though but two would push expectation a bit too much.

13 minutes ago, Mutton said:

People keep saying they'll reveal the other Warcry warbands. I would find that an odd choice. Why leave them out of the core book if they were going to reveal them before the box came out anyway? Doesn't make sense to me. 

Yeah, i think it would be weird.

Agreed to temper expectations from being too lofty.

That being said, I would be floored if there was no battletome announcement. We've got nothing on the horizon so it would make sense to get atleast a tease. But hoping for more.

Also I can't see it being STD. They're coming for sure, but Warcry, black legion release, and a std release? That seems like a bit overkill.

Thinking a bit more about the Warcry AoS warscrolls. Again I have no problem with them being relatively low powered, they represent your basic on-the-road-to-damnation people, will each have some flavourful trick and look great, so an army with a few different units of these scattered amongst your basic chaos warriors and Darkoath barbarians will look great. 

Keeping the stats fairly uniform across the whole unit, to me, makes a lot of sense too. Some of the Underworlds units are a right pain with half a dozen different weapons slowing things down, and this doesn’t penalise you for creating a more varied warband for Warcry.

BUT being pretty basic they’ll be losing models fairly quickly but pts wise they’re cheap, so to be effective I’d imagine you’d want to run them at least at double size if not more. If they’re going to be €40/$50 a box though I’d have thought that’s going to put a lot of people fielding them in decent sized numbers. So maybe once the initial Warcry rollout’s done & the Everchosen/STD/Darkoath book gets released they’ll get reboxed in normal AoS packaging without the extra cards and whatever and be a bit cheaper, otherwise hard to see them being super popular which would be a huge shame.

—————————————————

ANYWAY! Predictions for today...

Underworlds - Season 3 name reveal, hint at new mechanic & 1 warband reveal (Aelves).

Warcry - reveal of one new warbands, I imagine the Aqshy ones.

Random - some new spinoff game for Xmas that no one expects.

AoS - Wanderers BT & a new model or two revealed; something to move Soul Wars story along, hint of new Death faction perhaps; hint of next versus box maybe making it obvious which, at least, one of the sides will be if not revealing models; a random character model shown off; an incredibly annoying and cryptic 30 second trailer for something that gives absolute nothing away apart from a random awesome sounding word; most, if not all, the above to be completely wrong; and finally salty reactions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

My wife has been asking me every day for months when the new Seraphon Battletome is out so I hope to Jesus it’s announced to today. 

I mean of all the things I have ever heard people complain about....this might be the one I find the least sympathy for.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

Predictions:

To be honest, it would be a quite big and nice preview if they announce all this what you have mentioned and I think we could be quite happy with it :)

I also could imagine Part 2 of Forbidden Power to come as it is a cliffhanger-end like vigilius now.

Also the Previews that were no "earth shattering ones" often had some quite awesome stuff too

13 minutes ago, Austin said:

I mean of all the things I have ever heard people complain about....this might be the one I find the least sympathy for.

It’s more her winding me up than a whine bless her, I think she just wants to know the lay of the land before she jumps in. 

• Like 1

My predictions: They will announce some stuff, and show off some pretty pictures. This will delight a few people who want that stuff. Some people will feel let down that it isn't the stuff they are waiting for. Most just won't care, but will feel like they should because we've spent so much energy hyping it all up! 

• Like 1

Can we keep count of how many disappointments happen today haha? 

I will start.   Number one) I've waited all day for the 0900 BST spoilers....and the spoilers so far are that I have to wait until 0930. Oh GW you got me again!!

• Haha 6