The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, Mutton said:

Where's my multi-page list of horrible maimings?

In Blood Bowl.

EDIT: Considering the names of leaked warbands looks like we're going to have the "lost" Aqshy warband and warband representing the Varanspire itself.

Edited by michu

11 minutes ago, michu said:

In Blood Bowl.

EDIT: Considering the names of leaked warbands looks like we're going to have the "lost" Aqshy warband and warband representing the Varanspire itself.

That’s correct. It’s in the description too.

Scions lore is so hot (pun) if you give it a read.

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

Injury table is disappointing. Where's my multi-page list of horrible maimings? And improving your warband members seems quite limited.

Everything else looks cool.

I'm really digging everything about this game......except the injury table. Fortunately it isn't a huge thing for me, but I would have liked a bit more granularity with it, it didn't need to be like BB or Necromunda though.

I quickly browsed through the rules and so far I'm very favorable towards them.

• Like 1

2 takeaways from those rulebook photos:

1: I love the rules. The initiative/abilities mechanic looks like great fun. It looks like a nice balance between complexity of the rules and speed of play. A lot of the worries I had have been assuaged. It really just makes me excited to get the starter set and play a few games.

2: I was holding out hope that it would be like Kill Team, where there would be rules for lots of factions but accessories available only for a lucky few. But it seems like all the rules for a faction are actually on those cards, not in the rulebook? If so, there are a lot of factions being left out at launch but there's potential for that roster to be expanded pretty quickly since it just requires a small set of cards. So hopefully there will be a second wave of warband cards in the near future. Doesn't seem to much reason not to keep those cards coming out at pace.

Overall I'm very hyped. Day 1 preorder for me.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

I had a similar reaction Dreadmund, I was really looking forward to this and after glancing through the rules it looks like a lot of fun and checks all my boxes.  Obviously I haven't seen the complete rules, but it appears that I will not be disappointed!

I will also be preording as soon as possible.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

from that album of leaked pages, it looks like non-Chaos warbands will be allowed first in Narrative/Open play only? I can't say I mind that, if we can only use specific existing units.

I've been looking over this, but other than the Campaign rules mentioning quests for non-Chaos warbands, what makes you think this is the case?

Edited by CitizenX

1 hour ago, Minis by Night said:

I might be one of the only few, but I have been loving every warband so far. Now don’t get me wrong, some are clearly better than others, but they’re all nice new takes on chaos and how it functions that I feel like we only get to see in the rare moments in the books where there is no one trying to kill each other(run on).

I really hope the Studio Previews are not MORE Warcry.  Really looking foward to AoS BTs, maybe a duel box, otherwise it is all going to be about Warcry and Shadespire 😥.

Looking foward to see every army sorted out and everyone with their tomes.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

I'm almost certain we'll see more than Warcry in the previews - there's Shadspire and new Battletomes to come I'm almost certain! If GW manages to have not a single new battletome though that will be quite a shocker! Though they might do one of their "silhouette videos" where they hint at a new tome but don't say who it is for. 

Also the new article on teh GW site shows that they are also putting terrain setup designs into the game! A great thing to ensure that early games get setup with good levels of creative terrain and, once people have used them a few times and expanded their terrain collection, they can buidl right off those designs and theories. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/warcry-3-ways-to-playgw-homepage-post-1/

17 minutes ago, Overread said:

I'm almost certain we'll see more than Warcry in the previews - there's Shadspire and new Battletomes to come I'm almost certain! If GW manages to have not a single new battletome though that will be quite a shocker! Though they might do one of their "silhouette videos" where they hint at a new tome but don't say who it is for. 

Also the new article on teh GW site shows that they are also putting terrain setup designs into the game! A great thing to ensure that early games get setup with good levels of creative terrain and, once people have used them a few times and expanded their terrain collection, they can buidl right off those designs and theories. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/warcry-3-ways-to-playgw-homepage-post-1/

" while in Seekers of the Chalice, the deranged Flesh-eater Courts set out on what they think is a holy mission."

Welcome to the Age of Sigmar Bretonians 😂.  For the Lady!

34 minutes ago, TheR00zle said:

I might be one of the only few, but I have been loving every warband so far. Now don’t get me wrong, some are clearly better than others, but they’re all nice new takes on chaos and how it functions that I feel like we only get to see in the rare moments in the books where there is no one trying to kill each other(run on).

All this imagination, energy and means that could have been (partially) done to StD.

Those warbands are indeed amazing and at least, that should have given some nice darkoath/StD/Everchosen/marauders minis...

Too bad this is not the case.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, michu said:

Slight 40k offtopic but it brings hope that something similar could be done for AoS (or at least WFB) - EISENHORN IS GOING TO HAVE A TV SHOW!!!

I've seen too many gamer-centric "there's gonna be a movie/tv show" things come and go throughout the years, only to never see the light of day.

I remember about five years ago there was going to be a Monsterpocalypse (Privateer Press' kaiju game) movie.  Even had Tim Burton attached to it.  Never happened.

I would wait a bit before getting hopes up

10 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

All this imagination, energy and means that could have been (partially) done to StD.

Those warbands are indeed amazing and at least, that should have given some nice darkoath/StD/Everchosen/marauders minis...

Too bad this is not the case.

They will come!