The Rumour Thread

I wouldn't put much stock in the preview text. They've both over and underhyped before, teased and surprised. 

If anything, the events where they've just said "And there'll be some reveals" tend to have the bigger announcements than "IT'S GOING TO CHANGE YOUR WARGAMING FOREVER YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN'T MISS OUT!" ones, which are usually pretty deflating on showing.

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I wouldn't put much stock in the preview text. They've both over and underhyped before, teased and surprised. 

If anything, the events where they've just said "And there'll be some reveals" tend to have the bigger announcements than "IT'S GOING TO CHANGE YOUR WARGAMING FOREVER YOU ABSOLUTELY CAN'T MISS OUT!" ones, which are usually pretty deflating on showing.

It´s all about expectations. If you have none, every announcement that affects you in any way, is cool. If they say "YOU WILL LOVE THIS!!!" you expect that it is something nice, and not a BT for a Faction you don´t like

2 hours ago, Mutton said:

So Warband boxes are going to be around $60-65? Woof. Think they missed the mark there. I was excited to buy multiple as soon as they release, but now I'm likely going to put off buying them for awhile. $40 would have been the sweet spot, especially since we're only getting 8-9 models in each box. This pricing is even more premium than Witch Elves, which basically cost as much as gold.

It looks like the boxes may come with sprues and the character cards too, which would put them in similar price territory with a Necromunda gang and their cards, I think.

No one I know seems to greatly care about Warcry. The belief seems to be that it may get played for a few months and then drop out of popularity. Whereas with AoS you can largely expect the same people to be playing it for years. 

Maybe it appeals more to an audience unfamiliar with wider AoS. 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

It's only a disappointment if your expectations are too high. If you take the Studio Previews as what they really are, a preview of some of the things to be released in the near future, and not as wish fulfilment, previews become much more enjoyable.

For me the real disappointment is the 5 pages of salt we'll get on Saturday no matter what will be revealed.

Better be the ogre battletome then, we need the extra seasoning!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, awcamawn said:

I understand where your coming from but they also mentioned:

"That’s not all! There will also be a painting competition, a paint-and-take area, as well as Warhammer Previews that will offer you a glimpse into the future of the Mortal Realms…"

That last bit seems encouraging for potential battletome previews, I think they are just trying to get folks excited about the stuff we already know about (Warcry, season 3 of Underworlds) so they can surprise us with some new announcement, hopefully for AoS itself.

I think we are very likely going to have the next part of Soul Wars revealed

Now knowing that you need the cards to get the rules for any Warbands is pretty disappointing somehow. They're not that expensive, but needing them for 3 Warbands is annoying. A book would be more substantial. But I'm not here to whine, I can still play Vanguard if need be. And if this game is great or not, in any case the terrain looks great and I definitely want it, even if I like those two Warbands the least. And the monsters are sweet.

41 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

No one I know seems to greatly care about Warcry. The belief seems to be that it may get played for a few months and then drop out of popularity. Whereas with AoS you can largely expect the same people to be playing it for years. 

I feel the opposite. 

Almost everyone I know is at least intrigued and I'd say about half are actively excited. 

I guess I just am lucky! 

• Like 6

There's two Orruk warbands in the launch set for Warcry. If I were in GW marketing I'd have put them there intentionally so that they'd lead right into giving those factions either a Battletome each or a unified Orruk Battletome. Maximise the interest Warcry generates with them into energy into the core game of AoS. Just like I'd also expect Slaves to Darkness to be pretty soon with a Battletome too

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

There's two Orruk warbands in the launch set for Warcry. If I were in GW marketing I'd have put them there intentionally so that they'd lead right into giving those factions either a Battletome each or a unified Orruk Battletome. Maximise the interest Warcry generates with them into energy into the core game of AoS. Just like I'd also expect Slaves to Darkness to be pretty soon with a Battletome too

I mean it could just be that if you had to choice three factions in destruction to be use for Warcry and you couldn't use Beastclaw raiders, GW probably had to choice Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz and Gitz because of limited choices. I don't expect an Ironjawz tome since they updated them heavily in the last GHB. Bonesplitterz maybe since they didn't get anything in GHB along with Gutbuster.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Two sides of the same coin: The hype is so real here that what started as an 8 man whatsapp group has become a 152 players that can't wait for the game to be released.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

This is completely the opposite from how people in my area feel, we're all really excited for it and can't wait until it's in our hands.

On the topic of the models customisation I wonder if the warbands you buy separate from the starter set will have more options,  Considering almost every starter box GW has put out for the AoS and 40k have monopose models with little to no options I wouldn't put it past them but I guess we won't really know until we see the sprews for the Cypher Lords. 

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

Re: expectations of new battletomes, id be wary of believing there will be 4 more battletomes this year. Ive followed the rumours as  closely as anyone and never seen a named source for this - it feels to me like rumour reverb. 

It's not rumor reverb, GW themselves stated there'd be at least one more tome for all factions this year. Whether they are able to deliver or not with the 2 month delay caused by the trade dispute is the question now. We'll hopefully get clarification this weekend.

Re: Battletome/Open Day Expectations

I don't think it's too far fetched to get some announcements about the main game itself, Age of Sigmar. While Underwolds and Warcry are under the AoS banner, the majority of people in the hobby are here for AoS, not the side games. I can understand that GW hasn't really been able to share much in the last couple of months due to the trade troubles, but with the release of the Sylvaneth does that mean it's all settled? I hope so, I'd love to see what's next for Death.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Overread said:

I'm guessing the battleplan cards are the same as the ones in the box. GW is selling the rules and battleplan cards outside of the box so you can buy them and get started that way if you didn't want the core box. It also means when the core box runs out of stock GW can still sell the cards and rulebook and people can still get started with the game even without a reprint run of the core game.

This is basically GW accepting that they'll likely sell out of the core box, but also hints that the other warbands will come out fairly soon after the main launch; possibly even the week or two after. 

Thanks but what about the scenery battleplans? Are those already included in the normal box usually or there are some esclusive to that scenery not available anywhere else? I’m speaking for example of the Death Forest set for kill team 

7 hours ago, Neinball said:

don't think it's too far fetched to get some announcements about the main game itself, Age of Sigmar. While Underwolds and Warcry are under the AoS banner, the majority of people in the hobby are here for AoS, not the side games. I can understand that GW hasn't really been able to share much in the last couple of months due to the trade troubles, but with the release of the Sylvaneth does that mean it's all settled? I hope so, I'd love to see what's next for Death.

I’m thinking the same. Side an main games can be marketed at the same time in gw’s mind it seems  

The what’s nect remark will be the reveal of the old ally from the storm vault and be the set up for the next death reveal. At least that would be my guess. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neinball said:

It's not rumor reverb, GW themselves stated there'd be at least one more tome for all factions this year. Whether they are able to deliver or not with the 2 month delay caused by the trade dispute is the question now. We'll hopefully get clarification this weekend.

But who said it? If it was Ben Johnson or someone from the AoS studio in an AoS preview session then fair enough, if it was the guy who moderates the facebook page or runs one of the stores then thats about as reliable as me guessing whats coming next 😁 

12 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

But who said it? If it was Ben Johnson or someone from the AoS studio in an AoS preview session then fair enough, if it was the guy who moderates the facebook page or runs one of the stores then thats about as reliable as me guessing whats coming next 😁 

It was said in the AoS seminar at WarhammerFest. 

• Like 1