The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, michu said:

I trust @bottle with Warcry. I remember Hinterlands where he showed he has really good ideas for skirmish games.

Yeah i do trust him based on hinterlands. The kind of worry that has come over me zooming in on the warscroll cards is that they introduce a new set of statistics it seems. Which is fine in of itself but a new system can come with a lot of start up problems. 

10 hours ago, Overread said:

Ever notice how some films which gain big cult followings or even TV series or Anime, tend to be the ones that don't answer all the questions by the end of the film. 

Marketing can be the same, GW leaves one or two bits of info missing, such as the last in a selection of armies to be included with launch rules for Warcry. The result is instant discussion and debate on the topic of what is the missing army. GW now has people interested and talking about the subject in reality and on social media and forums. The answer doesn't actually matter all that much and it wasn't so huge a cornerstone that it made big marketing news, but the fact it was missing at one time did generate interest. Even now its generating discussion. 

To be honest, that is the reason why I DON'T go to watch some movies anymore. Examples: Lord of the Rings left some scenes from the teaser out, didn't go on to watch the hobbit. Rogue One left the scene out where the Tie Fighter appears hovering over Jyn Erso, didn't watch Episode 8 or Han Solo.

The list could go on, but you get the point. It is not okay to fool the customer with false product information. In Germany there is even a law against it. It's called "misleading advertisement" roughly translated...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, michu said:

I trust @bottle with Warcry. I remember Hinterlands where he showed he has really good ideas for skirmish games.

As long a GW veto his inevitable suggestion for warband based on an attractive Korean girl band.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Laststand said:

The big key missing piece of information is how the game is played and on this we have had a black hole of information. The hype train could completely derail and terminally crash if the rules are muddled  or poor at the outset. The initial box will sell well for the terrain and chaos players will be after some of the warbands but if the game play is off its game over.

As said above we've still got 3 weeks to go - GW has loads of time to market the specifics of the game. Heck we've got 1 full week before we can even place any orders for the product. 

Also you're doing exactly what I said - you're talking about the game because there is missing information. This missing information will, obviously, be provided. We 100% know details of the gameplay will be provided at some stage unless GW cancels the whole product. This is just information held in limbo to tease it out. To keep people talking and guessing and wondering and musing. 

Once the info is out the nature of the conversation will change, but for right now what generates teh buzz is in part the wonder at what we don't know.

Saw this pic, dont think it was posted here. Started box is fairly big, the Warband boxes have a cool design.

image.jpeg.84bc2b532723dd4b6d53ffd767df3e39.jpeg

EDIT: My bad, it actually was a few pages back xDxDxD

Edited by VBS

11 minutes ago, Overread said:

As said above we've still got 3 weeks to go - GW has loads of time to market the specifics of the game. Heck we've got 1 full week before we can even place any orders for the product. 

Also you're doing exactly what I said - you're talking about the game because there is missing information. This missing information will, obviously, be provided. We 100% know details of the gameplay will be provided at some stage unless GW cancels the whole product. This is just information held in limbo to tease it out. To keep people talking and guessing and wondering and musing. 

Once the info is out the nature of the conversation will change, but for right now what generates teh buzz is in part the wonder at what we don't know.

I agree and we are both playing into it by posting but.I guess my point is the higher you raise the hype the higher the pressure to deliver. I would love this to be the perfect skirmish game but if there are errors the teased out marketing could back fire. We have to find out this week unless people are going to preorder blind. 

2 minutes ago, Laststand said:

I agree and we are both playing into it by posting but.I guess my point is the higher you raise the hype the higher the pressure to deliver. I would love this to be the perfect skirmish game but if there are errors the teased out marketing could back fire. We have to find out this week unless people are going to preorder blind. 

Yeah but marketing doesn't care about that. If there are major problems then they are there and will be there no matter if you market lots or little. So might as well go in both feet and market heavy and hope to make big sales and not get a backlash.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Overread said:

RUMOUR - price from a user on Dakka provided by their local store is £100 for Warcry Starter boxed set. 

If it is £100 then it'll probably be $280 AUD (going off the prices of Archaon as a reference) which is a little steep but considering what's actually in the box I guess it isn't that bad, still I was hoping for a $250 AUD box but ya can't win them all.

One thing I did not understand is if the battleplan cards sold separately are part of the main box and can be acquired independently or it’s actually on top of the one on the box?

And a question more for the KT guys, I already have the Sigmarite Museum, would the cards there be available separately paying or free? I guess similar to some KT scenery expansions, are they?

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Another price update from Dakka

315DB1BA3D2C5D2C4DA3265D2C4CD7.jpg

Awesome share! The starter set seems quite affordable for whats inside it, but wow at that cypher lords price. I was sort of expecting the warbands to be around the 30 euro range, a bit similar to Underworlds.

In fairness Underworld teams are half the size compared to warcry warbands. Underworld are what 5 models, whilst Warbands are 10 or so. It's part of why I think they could easily move them in as regular troop choices for a Slaves to Darkness Battletome - 10 models to a unit isn't all that bad and quite a few units operate like that. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

One thing I did not understand is if the battleplan cards sold separately are part of the main box and can be acquired independently or it’s actually on top of the one on the box?

And a question more for the KT guys, I already have the Sigmarite Museum, would the cards there be available separately paying or free? I guess similar to some KT scenery expansions, are they?

I'm guessing the battleplan cards are the same as the ones in the box. GW is selling the rules and battleplan cards outside of the box so you can buy them and get started that way if you didn't want the core box. It also means when the core box runs out of stock GW can still sell the cards and rulebook and people can still get started with the game even without a reprint run of the core game.

This is basically GW accepting that they'll likely sell out of the core box, but also hints that the other warbands will come out fairly soon after the main launch; possibly even the week or two after. 

35 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Awesome share! The starter set seems quite affordable for whats inside it, but wow at that cypher lords price. I was sort of expecting the warbands to be around the 30 euro range, a bit similar to Underworlds.

Underworlds are less models and pushfit with no options. These are bigger units, with at least a few options. They’re closer to Necromunda gangs (which are £25 compared to the warbands £30) but necromunda gangs are 1 repeated sprue and don’t come with any cards. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Infeston said:

Is the Corpsewrack Mausoleom in any way different to the Sigmarite Mausoleom or the old Garden of Morr?

Or is this just again the newest iteration of the Garden of Morr?

Seems to come with a different playmat, but it’s the same apart from that. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how many weapon options we're actually getting with each warband and which bodies they fit to. The Necromunda kits come with a fair few spares, albeit rarely with quite the variety players really want. The 10-person Orlock box came with something like enough weapons for 20 dudes, though these by no means fit every model without some conversion.

10 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how many weapon options we're actually getting with each warband and which bodies they fit to. The Necromunda kits come with a fair few spares, albeit rarely with quite the variety players really want. The 10-person Orlock box came with something like enough weapons for 20 dudes, though these by no means fit every model without some conversion.

Challenge accepted :D looking forward to some headswapping on my Untamed Beasts for sure, got some Wulfen heads which I think are gonna look really cool if their scale is ok.

4 hours ago, Still-young said:

£25 for the separate book, £30 for the Warbands, £5 for the other faction decks. 

£100 is great for the starter. About what I was hoping, but was maybe expecting a bit more. 

That's fairly reasonable for a GW game, outside of the starter box, which is pretty expensive though I concede the terrain and bits included are nice looking and likely make it worth it for those who would be able to splash on it (also it's worth it for sure if you can half it with a friend and you like the warbands included in it to split them).

I'm going to wait for some rules info on the warbands, I really hope like Kill Team the rules for each band is in the book, rather than a quartly drawn out Necromunda/Blood Bowl release schedule of supplement books each covering one. Is that confirmed anywhere also? I'm just catching up still.

I'll likely go halves with my bud on the rulebook and then get a warband I'm most into, which atm is either the Corvus or the Unmade, without seeing rules for either and going off looks alone. I have a decent amount of terrain already and any tokens I can make myself or use the ones I have from Necromunda and Kill Team.