The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, novakai said:

oh GW actually pulled another Orktober and releasing Warcry on August 3rd.

giving the size this release and how they did the samething for Apoc, not really surprising it a two week preorder

Aye and its their big summer product, though if we consider that Sylvanath and co. likely pushed it one week later on release. So its a fair slip and its likely only a slip of one week on release. The next 3 weeks are going to be a LONG time.

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

"Each set contains an abilities card, plus fighter cards for every model you can use in these warbands."

From the store page, so it sounds like each warband will have individual stats and then a single card (maybe more) of faction abilities. Much like how it works for Battletomes right now. Will be interesting to see how they handle magic effects for the game and spells; could be the small size of warbands limits it to warscroll spells only or might be mages aren't allowed etc...

I'd guess somewhere in the £10 region for the card packs - maybe scaling depending on army size (much like how warscroll packs can cost more for bigger armies).

Also interesting to see 2 destruction forces in there which don't have battletomes for 2.0. Might be a hint as to what is to come "soon" from GW.

I'm going to guess that Mages are probably an expansion. None of the chaos warbands have anything that obviously looks like a Sorcerer, and if we're assuming it will be similar to Kill Team...Also, way way back when Warcry was first announced, there was an early leak/rumor stating that it was going to be basically like Killteam with spells being added later.

So I assume the first expansion will be one that adds Wizards, and a second expansion down the line that allows more...whatever. (Monsters? Mounted Units?).  Also interesting that they've specifically called out that we've seen some of the upcoming warbands.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, michu said:

From what I gathered it's something inbetween KT and Necromunda. Now I just have to wait for skaven rules (maybe in WD?).

Yeah I really hope they do an Eshin warband. Would really be an opportune moment to create some new sculpts 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, michu said:

From what I gathered it's something inbetween KT and Necromunda. Now I just have to wait for skaven rules (maybe in WD?).

they could just release more warband card pack, I think that the intent on how they get other faction into games later on.

1 hour ago, madmac said:

So I assume the first expansion will be one that adds Wizards, and a second expansion down the line that allows more...whatever. (Monsters? Mounted Units?).  Also interesting that they've specifically called out that we've seen some of the upcoming warbands.

Daemons would be a cool expansion, and pretty obvious fluffwise.

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Yeah I really hope they do an Eshin warband. Would really be an opportune moment to create some new sculpts 

Just use corvus ruleset with eshin models? The birds can be substituted with rats. They seem the most eshin anyways.

4 hours ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Is Legions of Nagash the missing 9th non-Chaos faction from before? That seems...odd that they didn't include it with the others initially. I wonder if it was a timing of release issue.

I thought the same thing. 

I wonder if they were originally going to release the new Death faction before Warcry but rejiggered it and so they've created some emergency Nagash cards to cover this (we all need emergency Nagash cards at times) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I thought the same thing. 

I wonder if they were originally going to release the new Death faction before Warcry but rejiggered it and so they've created some emergency Nagash cards to cover this (we all need emergency Nagash cards at times) 

Considering the lead time in developing and printing things like cards and the packaging that goes into them, that seems unlikely. Not sure why they didn't include LoN in the initial tease, but if it is because of a delay like that then the Nagash cards would have to have already been set to go next.

Ever notice how some films which gain big cult followings or even TV series or Anime, tend to be the ones that don't answer all the questions by the end of the film. 

Marketing can be the same, GW leaves one or two bits of info missing, such as the last in a selection of armies to be included with launch rules for Warcry. The result is instant discussion and debate on the topic of what is the missing army. GW now has people interested and talking about the subject in reality and on social media and forums. The answer doesn't actually matter all that much and it wasn't so huge a cornerstone that it made big marketing news, but the fact it was missing at one time did generate interest. Even now its generating discussion. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nos said:

Looks like that Tomb Kings prediction based on a vague silhouette didn’t work out ☹️

I remember someone said in this thread that it will come out about October, right? That's still very far away. None of the battletome for the second half of this year get confirmed yet, so it is too soon to make a judgement.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I remember someone said in this thread that it will come out about October, right? That's still very far away. None of the battletome for the second half of this year get confirmed yet, so it is too soon to make a judgement.

We hopfully get some details at Warhammerfest coming up. So next weekend when Warcry goes on pre-order we should get some big details about the new Battletomes and releases for AoS. Esp since with Sylvanath in the wild now and Warcry we have everything!

We already know that the next round of Shadspire teams are being announced, plus there's release dates for the next 3 Warcry warbands (the 3 previewed but not given a release at launch). Also seeing 2 Orruk armies in the Warcry listing makes me think that Battletomes for Destruction are coming very soon - to maximise the interest that Warcy will generate in those armies. Might be two Battletomes - one for each of the Orruks or one combined tome. I just really hope that if GW gives them attention they split them up a bit - when we had Greenskins as well there were 3 ork based armies and they were all pretty much the same - heck they ALL road boars/boarlike critters ; had shamens, had warboses; sniviling grots and basic "me ork me hard fighter" grunt troops. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

We hopfully get some details at Warhammerfest coming up. So next weekend when Warcry goes on pre-order we should get some big details about the new Battletomes and releases for AoS. Esp since with Sylvanath in the wild now and Warcry we have everything!

We already know that the next round of Shadspire teams are being announced, plus there's release dates for the next 3 Warcry warbands (the 3 previewed but not given a release at launch). Also seeing 2 Orruk armies in the Warcry listing makes me think that Battletomes for Destruction are coming very soon - to maximise the interest that Warcy will generate in those armies. Might be two Battletomes - one for each of the Orruks or one combined tome. I just really hope that if GW gives them attention they split them up a bit - when we had Greenskins as well there were 3 ork based armies and they were all pretty much the same - heck they ALL road boars/boarlike critters ; had shamens, had warboses; sniviling grots and basic "me ork me hard fighter" grunt troops. 

Shadespire teams announced? I dont think so

In the picture with all the cards the "chaotic beasts" card's second part seems to say: 

"(Double) Crazed flock: until the end of this fighter's activation..... friendly fighter within 3" of this fighter that has the same runemarks as this fighter, add 1 to the Attacks and Strenght characteristics of attack actions made by this fighter that have a Range  characteristic of 3 or less."

This seems to confirm that we have Attack and Streght stats. Also I think runemarks are just the symbols for each warband.

Edited by Slo

7 hours ago, Overread said:

Ever notice how some films which gain big cult followings or even TV series or Anime, tend to be the ones that don't answer all the questions by the end of the film. 

Marketing can be the same, GW leaves one or two bits of info missing, such as the last in a selection of armies to be included with launch rules for Warcry. The result is instant discussion and debate on the topic of what is the missing army. GW now has people interested and talking about the subject in reality and on social media and forums. The answer doesn't actually matter all that much and it wasn't so huge a cornerstone that it made big marketing news, but the fact it was missing at one time did generate interest. Even now its generating discussion. 

The big key missing piece of information is how the game is played and on this we have had a black hole of information. The hype train could completely derail and terminally crash if the rules are muddled  or poor at the outset. The initial box will sell well for the terrain and chaos players will be after some of the warbands but if the game play is off its game over.