The Rumour Thread

41 minutes ago, soak314 said:

All that fighting on the ruin walls + the Unmade stilt model (look at the size of it!) can't possibly be a good combination!

Looks like another awesome value box ala the KT set.

The Unmade leader doesn't need to get on top of the walls - she has stilts for that very reason! Just peering at you over a wall with her skull face 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Percivael said:

I really don’t think this is a game designed to lead into Slaves of Darkness any more than Necromunda is just to get people to collect Hive Militia armies. This is a stand alone game with custom designed miniatures and rule set. Not a couple of dozen existing miniatures thrown in a box with new terrain a la Killteam. The warbands may  very well get warscrolls like Underworlds teams but I doubt very much they will expand any of these into an army.

Thing is Hive armies aren't really a thing in 40K and the Necromunda models are designed very differently to your typical guardsman. In contrast the Warcry Warbands are built just like regular Slaves models with the only exception that they are a little more character heavy and have a physically larger leader model in most. However if you look at Slaves, whilst the mortals currently field in fairly big numbers, Chaos Warriors are very expensive and fielded in far smaller quantities. Heck even just 5 Chaos warriors are 90 points which is about half the size of most other troops. So the army could easily take roaming varied warbands joining in.

Still its going to be a good week before we really know what the details are for Warcry - and possibly longer before we see how it integrates with AoS

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Warcry Warbands are built just like regular Slaves models with the only exception that they are a little more character heavy and have a physically larger leader model in most. 

Don't really agree with that. My impression of the Slaves to Darkness range - from marauders to knights/warriors to varanguard they're all chunky heavy hitters. Nothing like most of Warcry. 

The only similarity is the (much more recent) Darkoath models (Warqueen, Chieftan and Underworlds) which could be their own distinctive Warcry wrestling team. 

I think Khorne Bloodbound could be a Warcry wresting team too. 

4 hours ago, Vomikron said:

I’m out of the loop on this one but I remember hearing there was going to be a new Death Battletome that was seemingly confirmed by GW staff during some event. Did we ever get any additional rumors for that?

They said that every Grand alliance would get at at least one battletome from Warhammer fest till the end of the year which mean there should be one for death in the woodwork. What it going to be is anyone’s guess 

13 minutes ago, CitizenX said:

Excited about the whole thing. But indeed only one extra available at launch is a bit annoying. Especially as they seem to have turned it into it’s whole own game system with open, matches and narrative play. 

any guesses on the price? 120 probably? 

Interesting how much info they are releasing now, and promising to release over the coming week.

That means a lot of time we had budgeted for warcry on the upcoming open day is now totally open. Hopefully that means more AoS stuff and a deluge of battletome stuff!

Edit: a word

Edited by Shankelton
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Excited about the whole thing. But indeed only one extra available at launch is a bit annoying. Especially as they seem to have turned it into it’s whole own game system with open, matches and narrative play. 

any guesses on the price? 120 probably? 

There's a lot of plastic in there, especially with all the terrain, so my guess is the same as starter box: 95£/160$US, or maybe a little bit more considering the recent price increase.

Edited by Minis by Night
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

There's a lot of plastic in there, especially with all the terrain, so my guess is the same as starter box: 95£/160$US, or maybe a little bit more considering the recent price increase.

it could be the shadowspear price of $175USD

I hope it not too much card base game play.

That is one epic boxed set - and the campaign rules that allow random matches to form a singleplayer warband campaign is a VERY neat idea. No DM, no need for fixed play teams - it really could be a big turning point for pushing narrative games if GW make it work well. 

I'm guessing £100 at the very least and that's being super generous - £120 to £150 would be my guess at the price range for the set based on the number of models and terrain and book and such. 

I'm also betting it sells out pretty fast so I think pre-ordering is going to be a must on this one. 

A shame we aren't getting all the not-core-set warbands at launch, but we are still getting 3 of the 6 released so that's a good chunk of the game right out the door. Cardpacks for the other 9 armies are going to be interesting and I'll want to grab the daughters of khaine one. 

"Each set contains an abilities card, plus fighter cards for every model you can use in these warbands."

From the store page, so it sounds like each warband will have individual stats and then a single card (maybe more) of faction abilities. Much like how it works for Battletomes right now. Will be interesting to see how they handle magic effects for the game and spells; could be the small size of warbands limits it to warscroll spells only or might be mages aren't allowed etc...

I'd guess somewhere in the £10 region for the card packs - maybe scaling depending on army size (much like how warscroll packs can cost more for bigger armies).

Also interesting to see 2 destruction forces in there which don't have battletomes for 2.0. Might be a hint as to what is to come "soon" from GW.