The Rumour Thread

I am really psyched for this. My wallet won't be (especially since I just put a deposit down on a ring for the lady), but I have been waiting for Warcry for way too long now. Love all of the warbands, and the lady, daughter, and I each have models for at least one of the non chaos factions. Hopefully the rules previews reinforce the excitement.

Focusing on the Cypher Lords, I am digging almost everything about them. The head dresses are a little jarring, but the more I look at the models the more they are growing on me. The "leader" model looks to be an alchemist of some sort (or at least is using a grenade that seems alchemical), which definitely helps them stand out even more. 

3 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I need these, right down my alley. I love weird helmets and masks. These might well be the weirdest yet in a setting full of them. Also really like their equipment and poses.

Still, starter and Splintered Fangs, my overall favorites, get priority.

I'm definitely tending towards the more civilised warbands, with Splintered Fangs, Iron Golems and now Cypher Lords forming my top three. Still want to get my hands on Corvus Cabal and Unmade, but that can wait for a while.

Annoyingly the Untamed Beasts, the only warband I could see myself completely skipping, will propably be in the starter.

I think that all the warbands could still fit in with any of the gods, with slight tendencies to about two. Like these could quite well fit with either Tzeentch or Slaanesh, but don't have to and could even be fit to Khorne or Nurgle.

Agreed, I think they designed the warbands where with a bit of work/paint job they can fit into any god aligned warband depending on which warband you choose. Overall these guys won't look out of place alongside with the new Slaanesh daemons. 

Edit:Also am I the only one who likes the head dresses? 

Edited by shinros

3 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Annoyingly the Untamed Beasts, the only warband I could see myself completely skipping, will propably be in the starter.

I feel like it has already been confirmed that the starter box is Golems vs Beasts. (Having trouble finding the article, but the packaging was shown on Warhammer Community a while back)

9 minutes ago, MitGas said:

The article says this right under it:

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Cypher Lords are as mad as the most frothing cultist of Tzeentch, delighting in spreading mayhem and madness wherever they go.

They look like Tzeentch followers, feel like Tzeentch followers, Tzeentch followers are just as sophisticated, if not more than Slaanesh's... sorry to disappoint you. :P

Eh,  in my opinion their overall design seems more in line with the new Slaanesh demon models in my opinion, their poses and weapons. Still they won't look out of place along with Kairic acolytes.  

99129915056_DoSKeeperofSecrets01.jpg

The slaanesh facebook group literally had no interest in unmade, we'll see how they react to the Cypher Lords. 

Edited by shinros

Just now, CitizenX said:

I feel like it has already been confirmed that the starter box is Golems vs Beasts. (Having trouble finding the article, but the packaging was shown on Warhammer Community a while back)

About all but confirmed I'd say. A lot of none-to-subtle hints (the previewed box art, the order of previews, the many shots of what certainly looks like starter content). But they have yet to confirm it explicitly.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

About all but confirmed I'd say. A lot of none-to-subtle hints (the previewed box art, the order of previews, the many shots of what certainly looks like starter content). But they have yet to confirm it explicitly.

Fair enough. (Still can't find that box art again.)

5 minutes ago, shinros said:

Eh,  in my opinion their overall design seems more in line with the new Slaanesh demon models in my opinion, their poses and weapons. Still they won't look out of place along with Kairic acolytes.  

99129915056_DoSKeeperofSecrets01.jpg

The slaanesh facebook group literally had no interest in unmade, we'll see how they react to the Cypher Lords. 

Hmmm....

avian helmets: Check

Lots of eyes: Check (the biggest Tzeentch tell)

Magics: Check

1k Sons-esque headdresses: Check

Shoulderguards similar to other Tzeentch designs: Check

The only thing that feels Slaaneshi is the fan IMO.

Doesn't matter though, it's even better if more more people can use them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Hmmm....

avian helmets: Check

Lots of eyes: Check (the biggest Tzeentch tell)

Magics: Check

1k Sons-esque headdresses: Check

Shoulderguards similar to other Tzeentch designs: Check

The only thing that feels Slaaneshi is the fan IMO.

Doesn't matter though, it's even better if more more people can use them.

Well actually they are unaligned, the article says they are just as mad as a follower of tzeentch. I could point out the jewellery, the mention of seduction, curved weapons(general weaponry), posing and where's the magic? What the leader is using seems more like a tonic/potion to me. Anyway this warband seems to be having a far more positive reception on the slaanesh facebook page than unmade, that's what counts to me. 

Edited by shinros

6 hours ago, prochuvi said:

Agree with you.

As fyreslayer player is hilarious that we have 2 boxes of units and 4 boxes of heroes in the almost 4 years since the release but in this time i see how stormcast get every year 4-7 boxes.

In 4 years seeing gw store items

Fyreslayers:22

Stormcast:64 

So in the same time one full new army as fyreslayers got 22 items and stormcast in this same time got 64?

I am fyreslayer player but i started with stormcast,due to this posterboy ultramega care of gw i have grew sick of stormcast and i havent played them in 2 years and i did my disposesed\fyreslayer army.

It isnt so bad as 40k where per example the 95% of the last releases of those 2 last years have been marines and khaos marines but it is pretty close

More fyreslayer releases would also fix the current problem they have with internal balance. When you only have 3 non-hero units to choose from, it makes it very hard to not make them overperforming and still have the army be relevant on a competative level. If they had even 1-2 more option then each unit would not have to pull so much weight individually.

And come on GW, gore-grunta style fyrelayers on minidroths, please.

Hmm, so now all the initial Warcry warbands are revealed. Curious to see what the starter box warbands will be. The only one I'm even remotely interested in is the Iron Golems because they appear to have a chaos dwarf. I'd be all over a Nurgle warband too. The barbarian warband is okay too, but in general I'm not a huge fan of fantasy/AoS chaos humans outside of Nurgle(though I do like me some 40k chaos space marines, and general mortal chaos). I'm curious to see how the non-chaos factions look. Some comments around here seem to be expecting new models a la Shadespire for non-chaos warbands, but has there been any solid info on that? Right now I'm assuming it's going to be like Genestealer cults or Chaos cults in Necromunda where there will be lists made available to use existing models, but not a main focus based on the initial info from GW that other factions would be coming, but maybe I missed something.

I guess we'll start seeing info on the actual game next week if it's the "next week's preorder", so I'm curious what it'll end up being. I like my skirmish crunch(generally I like crunch inversely proportional to game size, so AoS rules at 2k points is great, but at skirmish is terrible), but I'm guessing that we're past he point that we'll ever see WS vs WS in a GW game, but even if to hit is static, I'm hoping there's at least something less flat in to wound. At the very least, I'm hoping there's some options for weapons, wargear, etc, but I think my hope may be in vain. I haven't taken a close enough look at the released images to see if any of the models have had different wargear. I'm hoping it'll at least be closer to Necromunda or Kill Team in that respect. If it's fantasy Necromunda, I'll be happy enough.

12 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Hmm, so now all the initial Warcry warbands are revealed. Curious to see what the starter box warbands will be. The only one I'm even remotely interested in is the Iron Golems because they appear to have a chaos dwarf. I'd be all over a Nurgle warband too. The barbarian warband is okay too, but in general I'm not a huge fan of fantasy/AoS chaos humans outside of Nurgle(though I do like me some 40k chaos space marines, and general mortal chaos). I'm curious to see how the non-chaos factions look. Some comments around here seem to be expecting new models a la Shadespire for non-chaos warbands, but has there been any solid info on that? Right now I'm assuming it's going to be like Genestealer cults or Chaos cults in Necromunda where there will be lists made available to use existing models, but not a main focus based on the initial info from GW that other factions would be coming, but maybe I missed something.

Curiously they did say these are the First six warbands for warcry on the article which implies their are more coming in the future, whether it be related to the eight faction symbol they revealed earlier or just more flavor of chaos (like the missing one from Ashy and then mono god warbands) is up to speculation

5 minutes ago, novakai said:

Curiously they did say these are the First six warbands for warcry on the article which implies their are more coming in the future, whether it be related to the eight faction symbol they revealed earlier or just more flavor of chaos (like the missing one from Ashy and then mono god warbands) is up to speculation

Yeah, I'm expecting more chaos warbands. I'm guessing a Necromunda-like think where there will be new chaos warbands and models, but non-chaos factions will be wither White Dwarf or Warhammer Community rules rules for existing models.

All the warbands seem pretty cool. Glad they went with hyish, giving those with interest in the realm a bit more fat to chew!

Still waiting to see how the non-chaos factions fit into the game before I buy in. But certainly interested to see how it pans out rules wise.

Also, speaking of fat to chew, anyone got some of dat sweet, sweet battletome rumor dust? The mill is grinding on fumes here haha

• Like 1

It's worth looking closely at the warband group shots at the bottom of the page. Some of them show off alternate builds or weapons we haven't seen in the main reveals, such as a staff-like weapon for Corvus and what looks to be a banner/icon for the Iron Golems.

And with that I got all warbands correct from Life onwards :) 

I’m a bit worried by the sentence “the first six Chaos warbands”. I was hoping for a narrative based on different alliances getting a spot under the light, if other armies would get only rules here and there may not be the skirmish game I was hoping for...

The models look really good although and I’m looking forward to see the rules 

25 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I’m a bit worried by the sentence “the first six Chaos warbands”. I was hoping for a narrative based on different alliances getting a spot under the light, if other armies would get only rules here and there may not be the skirmish game I was hoping for...

My guess is that "the first six Chaos warbands" means there will be another four god specific ones and maybe a fifth that will be the Aqshy warband (although really they could just say the Khorne one is from there). My hope is that they are actually making warcry specific models for each of the non-chaos warbands but they just won't be released for a while, they could even do it in waves where one warband for each grand alliance's factions gets a set. Probably won't happen but that's what I'd do.

• Like 1

They are talking about the first 6 « Warcry warbands », they did not mention chaos. I would bet that they are referring to the release of the 9 non chaos warbands that will certainly be downloadable pdf because no new models (except maybe for the new Death faction)

7 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

They are talking about the first 6 « Warcry warbands », they did not mention chaos. I would bet that they are referring to the release of the 9 non chaos warbands that will certainly be downloadable pdf because no new models (except maybe for the new Death faction)

In the article above the pictures of all the warbands there is a sentence that says "With that, the first six Chaos Warbands for the game are revealed! To recap – here’s all of them so far…" that's where the talk of chaos comes from

Edited by Dirtnaps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirtnaps said:

In the article above the pictures of all the warbands there is a sentence that says "With that, the first six Chaos Warbands for the game are revealed! To recap – here’s all of them so far…" that's where the talk of chaos comes from

Ok, fine. Still think people should not wait for other chaos warbands until the next « season »

Edited by pseudonyme