The Rumour Thread

22 minutes ago, Ghark said:

WarcryUnmade-Jul10-Content1uyjc.jpg

Whoa. The designers have clearly been taking a big sip from the well of John Blanche's sketchbooks. The others I'm a little indifferent on but the AoS28 folks are going to have a field day with the champion.

You know, they are more Slaaneshi than the other warbands in their focus on inflicting agony (though I think you could make a case for a Khornate implementation of them at the very least) but they're broader than that in their visual identity. Unlike the main GW Slaanesh models, they're not refined, they don't have lots of swish fabrics or jewels, they don't have curved weapons or spines, they don't have that Hellenic flavour (except maybe the sandals).

They're malnourished-looking post-apocalyptic wretches with crude spiky weapons of iron and wood. The masks and that roughly hammered armour are pretty distinctive. That spiked halo motif is repeated on half the models, makes me think of Darkest Dungeon. They're something at least a bit fresh, to GW at least.

Also I'd suspect that the old flayed face rumour engine image is on the back of the champion's kilt.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gotz said:

unless is in an unshown mini I don't see the flayed face from the rumor engine here...

if you look you can see the cloak on the 'leader' has the kind of stitching on it that the rumour engine had, not sure if it is but that could fit.

I was so focused on the flayed faces it took me a hot minute to notice some of them are wearing flayed arms like particularly fashion forward scarves. 

disgusting, vile, horrific and unnecessary.

instant day one pre-order buy.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Huh. Having GW tell us how scary and spooky these guys are supposed to be has made me think they're anything but. 

And now I can't stop thinking about how that warband must be skulking around the mortal realms trying to spook people, and people play along because they feel bad for them having cut their faces of.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

if you look you can see the cloak on the 'leader' has the kind of stitching on it that the rumour engine had, not sure if it is but that could fit.

I was so focused on the flayed faces it took me a hot minute to notice some of them are wearing flayed arms like particularly fashion forward scarves. 

disgusting, vile, horrific and unnecessary.

instant day one pre-order buy.

yeah! Didn't realize that before

It can't be confirmed until we can see the back of the mini, but looks like it could be

On 7/9/2019 at 8:46 AM, Kramer said:

Oh forgot about that and my Google fu fails me. Anywhere I can find a summary of what’s going up? 

it was a heads up from the FLG, they said that big centrepeices were getting cranked up. the thirster is now at 85 pounds, what was he before? has it increased?

• Like 1

Well I'm glad I was wrong about Shyish being the one that didn't get a warband, they look fantastic. Now all that's left is either Aqshy or Hysh, both could go with the icon imo so it's a tough call as to which it will be but as much as I want the last one to be Hysh I have a feeling it'll be for Aqshy. This is going off the assumption that we know so little about Hysh that for all we know Tyrion and Teclis could have pulled a Sigmar and somehow gotten rid of all the chaos tribes, or GW just doesn't want to reveal anything about what's going on in Hysh yet. Hopefully GW proves me wrong like they did with the Shyish warband though, that cracked me up finding out they were getting a warband not too long after I had just said they probably wouldn't.

100% it will be Hysh.  There's a dichotomy to all the warbands announced so far where each one is the opposite of another, Hysh will be last as the opposite of Ulgu.

Iron Golems/Untamed Beasts (Metal/Beasts, Chamon/Ghur)

Splintered Fang/Unmade (Life/Death, Ghyran/Shyish)

Corvus Cabal / ??? (Shadow/Light, Ulgu/Hysh)

Likely will see them this week.

• Like 2

So two champs on stilts, I’d pay to see that as a UFC event. 

Loving pretty much everything about this Warband, the look style, and grittiness of it. “Wearing their oen faces as belts” may be on the sungle most metal things I’ve read in Warhammer. I am suprised though by the lack of mutations across all the groups,  no tenctacles, a claw, or twinned head on any of the Warbands.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2